ADVERTISEMENT

Out of Control and Bad Officials

Jbigler1986

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 16, 2015
As much as I love Carsen he trys way to hard lots of times and causes terrible turnovers. The play that was the game changer in my mind was when it was tied and we got a blocking call that should have been a charge. After that we just didn't look the same. Also the ball off of Eiferts leg that was clearly a foul didn't help us either. Oh well. We should learn a lot from this and be better next time.

Why does Purdue blow so many double digit leads? I feel like we lost 5 or 6 games last year when we had double digit leads in the first half.

As much as I love Carsen he trys way to hard lots of times and causes terrible turnovers. The play that was the game changer in my mind was when it was tied and we got a blocking call that should have been a charge. After that we just didn't look the same. Also the ball off of Eiferts leg that was clearly a foul didn't help us either. Oh well. We should learn a lot from this and be better next time.

Why does Purdue blow so many double digit leads? I feel like we lost 5 or 6 games last year when we had double digit leads in the first half.

I don't disagree with the out of control comment. I'll also add that I think Edwards is trying to do way too much. Others guys too taking some shots that would have got them benched in prior years.

But on the blowing double digit leads... with today's hoops, that's really nothing. Teams can score so many points so quickly, virtually no lead is safe in the first half. Especially when a team like Purdue starts cranking up 3's that have little chance of going in.

It seems like evey other team doesn't deal with the crap we do.

He hits a lot of those tough 3. Careen, like Big Dog will carry this team.

He only hit 3 of 11 that game, to go along with 6 TOs. Carsen's going to single handedly win us a bunch of games. I think he'll also almost single handedly lose us games.

That's just the risk / reward profile of a team so reliant on one guy who thrives on shooting. That's why I wasn't as high on this team as some others on here. I've said I think they'll be in the 8-9 seed range.

Reactions: northside100
We are too perimeter oriented right now. We need post touches, not always a post shot, but post touches at least. We never even look inside. Shot selection right now is also somewhat questionable at times. Very unlike a Painter team.

We lost to a top 25 team the sky isn't falling . When 3 of your rotation guy's are playing in their 5th game 4-1 records feels real good to me !

The only guy not making a huge adjustment is Carsen. Everyone else is in a new league, position, role ... something. I'm definitely encouraged that game on Sunday could have easily gone either way and they definitely didnt catch as many breaks. Ahead of what I expected from this group

We lost to a top 25 team the sky isn't falling . When 3 of your rotation guy's are playing in their 5th game 4-1 records feels real good to me !

The sky isn't falling, but when Carsen was on the bench the ball moved like a veteran Painter team on the offensive end. As soon as he came back in it started sticking in his hands. There is time for this to be corrected, and I'm pretty sure it will be...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT