ADVERTISEMENT

Our visit to West Lafayette

Thanks for a great visit.

TLDR; It's a solid campus with some cool history and traditions. Decent campus bars and unique eats. Friendly fans and an overall great experience for us.

I am glad you were complimentary of Purdue in general but its funny that you wrote that PSU scored their third td in the first half because of great downfield blocking while Purdue fans saw that it was scored because of lousy tackling.And that game was sold out.There werent a lot of empty seats as you said.

Reactions: Wandering Spectator
I am glad you were complimentary of Purdue in general but its funny that you wrote that PSU scored their third td in the first half because of great downfield blocking while Purdue fans saw that it was scored because of lousy tackling.And that game was sold out.There werent a lot of empty seats as you said.
The downfield blocking at the end of the run was critical for the TD. And downfield blocking was critical in 2016 for PSU. It was good to see it again.

No disrespect intended, but there were plenty of empty seats around us on the 25 behind the visitor bench. And in the corner section across from us. It might have technically sold out but there we’re definitely plenty of unused seats.

The downfield blocking at the end of the run was critical for the TD. And downfield blocking was critical in 2016 for PSU. It was good to see it again.

No disrespect intended, but there were plenty of empty seats around us on the 25 behind the visitor bench. And in the corner section across from us. It might have technically sold out but there we’re definitely plenty of unused seats.
Forgive us, we have MUCH different definitions of "plenty of seats" available. See Bryce Jordan center for example of our definition.

Overall, very fair and detailed summary. You certainly made the most of your time on campus. Nearly TLDR, but I managed to get through about 75% of it.

One nit-pick (haha, see what I did there?), you clearly aren't trying to troll Purdue so just be aware that leading off with Boiler Down is going to ruffle some feathers, think what Horns Down is to Texas fans.

The downfield blocking helped but so did Purdues poor tackling.

First of all, nice write-up. While I would agree with the above that our piss-poor tackling was more of a factor than down-field blocking, I suppose that's just a matter of perspective/fan bias. Glad you had a good time overall.

"Boiler Down" doesn't both me in the slightest, nor does the other most popular perceived taunt of "Purdon't." Both are unoriginal and boring. :cool: Sorry. I prefer my insults to be creative and fresh.

Best of luck to PSU the rest of the way.

A lot of those empty seats were down in the beer garden in the SEZ.

I was hoping a B1G team coming off a 9-4 would start stringing some sell outs together. 🤨. Boiler Up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT