ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Zion got paid at Duke?

I see no problem with this......

images

tenor.gif

The stream of sleaze in college athletics got wider, then it became a river. River turned into an ocean...nothing's shocking anymore.

Wasn't there reports that while at Duke, Zion's parents were moved into an upscale house, rent-free?
Yes, but the NCAA, instead of draining that ocean, just drowns in it and nothing is ever heard from them again.

The stream of sleaze in college athletics got wider, then it became a river. River turned into an ocean...nothing's shocking anymore.

Wasn't there reports that while at Duke, Zion's parents were moved into an upscale house, rent-free?

I think that was Marvin Bagley. His parents were kicked out of a house then shortly after moved into a gated communuty in SoCal, or something like that

I think that was Marvin Bagley. His parents were kicked out of a house then shortly after moved into a gated communuty in SoCal, or something like that
Zions parents definitely upgraded after he signed with Duke.

Having said that, what bank wouldn’t lend the kid a million bucks for a year?

Discipline Duke/Coach K; going forward let those that want to get paid to go to the G league/NBA; those that want to be true student athletes will remain.

As everyone who pays attention to college basketball is acutely aware, Duke’s Ivory Tower reputation has been sullied in recent years but never permanently stained. The federal investigation of corruption in the sport laid bare an underground economy that was built around elite prospects and/or their families being paid, and Duke has signed more of them than anyone lately, but none of that scandal stuck to Mike Krzyzewski’s program

One paragraph from an SI article. The last part still baffles me.

hqdefault.jpg

Coach K...……..Hall of Famer Baby!!!!!!
RECE DAVIS: So let's hear from our own hall-of-famer, Dick Vitale, live from his home in Florida. Dick, what do you make of these allegations?

DICKIE V: Imma tell you this RIGHT NOW, Rece, and you already know this very well, but for all the viewers at home: There is NO WAY that Coach K knew anything about any money or homes or whatever being to Zion Williamson, that special young man! NONE! You know Zion, plays for the Pelicans, the last time I was in New Orleans I ran into my man Harry Connick, Jr., what a great guy! He told me this, Rece, I never knew this before: Did you know his wife used to model for Victoria's Secret?! WOW, man, what a beauty!

RECE: Yes, Dick, but...

DICKIE V: Coach K is a humanitarian, a leader of young men, the best coach that intercollegiate basketball has ever seen, man! He is by the book, one-hundred percent, no way this guy cheats; he learned from the General, Robert Montgomery Knight, come on! I was talkin' to Coach Knight on the phone the other day, he asked me if he was talkin' to Al McGuire or Billy Packer! What a kidda, the General! UHAHAHA! But to see what, his pupil, Coach K, has done for the Jimmy V Foundation, how much money he has raised for cancer research the lives he has touched, the scholar-athletes he has graduated, how much he loved Kobe Bryant, there is NO WAY he has ever cheated! He graduated from West Point, baby, they live by the honor code, man!

RECE: Dick, some of the claims in the lawsuit...

DICKIE V: All this talk of Coach K being a cheater is pure jealousy, man, just a bunch of sour grapes from people who can't beat him, the greatest coach of all time! If Zion or his family got anything it wasn't from Coach K, baby! He is AWESOME WITH A CAPITAL A, the all-time winner in college basketball, a hall-of-famer, my Polish paisan! Get outta here with all this talk of Coach K being a cheater, are you kiddin' me? These five-stars are linin' up to play in front of the Cameron Crazies, man, like all of our special special donors are lining up to give to the V Foundation. Get this, Rece, we're gonna have an auction where the winners get to fly down and have dinner with me once we're out of the virus! I can't believe it, me, a one-eyed coach from Jersey has been put in such a position. God has blessed me so much, Rece!

RECE: So, Dick, Zion's family was living...

DICKIE V: I'm sorry, Rece, I gotta go, man, havin' a virtual breakfast from the Broken Egg with Rick Pitino and Bill Self! Love these coaches, baby!"

RECE DAVIS: So let's hear from our own hall-of-famer, Dick Vitale, live from his home in Florida. Dick, what do you make of these allegations?

DICKIE V: Imma tell you this RIGHT NOW, Rece, and you already know this very well, but for all the viewers at home: There is NO WAY that Coach K knew anything about any money or homes or whatever being to Zion Williamson, that special young man! NONE! You know Zion, plays for the Pelicans, the last time I was in New Orleans I ran into my man Harry Connick, Jr., what a great guy! He told me this, Rece, I never knew this before: Did you know his wife used to model for Victoria's Secret?! WOW, man, what a beauty!

RECE: Yes, Dick, but...

DICKIE V: Coach K is a humanitarian, a leader of young men, the best coach that intercollegiate basketball has ever seen, man! He is by the book, one-hundred percent, no way this guy cheats; he learned from the General, Robert Montgomery Knight, come on! I was talkin' to Coach Knight on the phone the other day, he asked me if he was talkin' to Al McGuire or Billy Packer! What a kidda, the General! UHAHAHA! But to see what, his pupil, Coach K, has done for the Jimmy V Foundation, how much money he has raised for cancer research the lives he has touched, the scholar-athletes he has graduated, how much he loved Kobe Bryant, there is NO WAY he has ever cheated! He graduated from West Point, baby, they live by the honor code, man!

RECE: Dick, some of the claims in the lawsuit...

DICKIE V: All this talk of Coach K being a cheater is pure jealousy, man, just a bunch of sour grapes from people who can't beat him, the greatest coach of all time! If Zion or his family got anything it wasn't from Coach K, baby! He is AWESOME WITH A CAPITAL A, the all-time winner in college basketball, a hall-of-famer, my Polish paisan! Get outta here with all this talk of Coach K being a cheater, are you kiddin' me? These five-stars are linin' up to play in front of the Cameron Crazies, man, like all of our special special donors are lining up to give to the V Foundation. Get this, Rece, we're gonna have an auction where the winners get to fly down and have dinner with me once we're out of the virus! I can't believe it, me, a one-eyed coach from Jersey has been put in such a position. God has blessed me so much, Rece!

RECE: So, Dick, Zion's family was living...

DICKIE V: I'm sorry, Rece, I gotta go, man, havin' a virtual breakfast from the Broken Egg with Rick Pitino and Bill Self! Love these coaches, baby!"
Dickie V would not leave a conversation without talking about The General, Robert Montgomery Knight baby!

And so did the other 5 star players that went to Duke and the 5 star players before that and the 5 star players before that and the 5 star players before that so what the F**** is new. And people call them blue bloods how do you think they became blue bloods they cheated their way to that spot. Easy to do when the N CAA committee board Looks the other way for certain programs.

Reactions: milkdude
Vitale has always been good about Purdue, and, I have met him twice...he was incredibly kind.

He went out of his way to do some cool things for two of my kids...and, he has done that hundreds, if not thousands of times, for others...I am not huge fan of his schtick, (and the persistent love for some, like Coach K as addressed in this thread) but, I am a huge fan of the person.

Vitale has always been good about Purdue, and, I have met him twice...he was incredibly kind.

He went out of his way to do some cool things for two of my kids...and, he has done that hundreds, if not thousands of times, for others...I am not huge fan of his schtick, (and the persistent love for some, like Coach K as addressed in this thread) but, I am a huge fan of the person.

Yep, he was a good announcer back in the 80s and early 90s. I just watched a Big Dog game against Michigan recently and he was on top of it compared to now. I had season tickets as a student and he was very nice to me when he signed my program against IU.

He was also an announcer for the Pacers off and on in the 80s when they were terrible but he made it interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT