ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The curious story of Darius Bazley

ChoiceBeef

All-American
Feb 19, 2017
Darius Bazley is a SF out of Ohio who we offered than committed to OSU before Thad was fired. Decommitted after that and we offered again than he committed to Syracuse.

Before the end of the summer her wrote an article saying he was skipping college and going to play in the G league because college was a waste of time.

Well the next turn is he is skipping the G league. Makes you wonder who is advising this kid? Is it just mom and dad? Other outside influences? This has disaster written all over it.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/8...ps-g-league-2019-nba-draft-syracuse-rich-paul

Reactions: Mgkcbb
That is really unfortunate to hear because his life is getting screwed up by whomever is trying to guide him.

I hope he lands on his feet, but it sounds like his basketball days are coming to an end at the rate he is going.

Last edited:
I hope he lands on his feet, but it sounds his basketball days are coming to an end at the rate he is going.
I wouldn’t say his playing days are numbered but his shot at the NBA has become murky. I get college competition isn’t equal to NBA but it is better than nothing. Heck G league is better at this point.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
I wouldn’t say his playing days are numbered but his shot at the NBA has become murky. I get college competition isn’t equal to NBA but it is better than nothing. Heck G league is better at this point.
True enough. I guess I look at it as the longer he drags things out, the less opportunity he has. Similar to what you said about it getting murky.

At the point that no team wants him, college will suddenly be less of a waste of time.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Ehhh, I don't really see the issue with it and given he has already been on the NBA radar for likely his entire high school career....it's not a bad idea to stay away from the G-League where he'll be scrutinized every time he plays.

Ehhh, I don't really see the issue with it and given he has already been on the NBA radar for likely his entire high school career....it's not a bad idea to stay away from the G-League where he'll be scrutinized every time he plays.
Yeah but who is he gonna get competition from? I know he is good but the kid is a bean pole and struggled in high school against smaller stronger kids.

I do agree about being on the NBA radar but will be a struggle.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
I am not sure he is taking the right approach regarding Syracuse. If he were to play one year at Syracuse and really had a great year, he would be able to improve his draft stock tremendously. I sort of agree with staying away from the G-League because I think it is easier to get lost in the shuffle playing in the G-League. I think he still gets drafted but I could see him sliding to the late first round or early second round unless his workouts are off the charts. Will be interesting to see how this story unfolds.

I am not sure he is taking the right approach regarding Syracuse. If he were to play one year at Syracuse and really had a great year, he would be able to improve his draft stock tremendously. I sort of agree with staying away from the G-League because I think it is easier to get lost in the shuffle playing in the G-League. I think he still gets drafted but I could see him sliding to the late first round or early second round unless his workouts are off the charts. Will be interesting to see how this story unfolds.

Seems like every year 2 or 3 kids get caught up in over managing this situation.

Going and playing at a P5 school IMO is never the wrong move. Playing G League or overseas ball and getting lost in the shuffle seems like the wrong way to go.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT