ADVERTISEMENT

OT...PSU smokin from 3

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
Sure glad they didn't shoot like this against us. Of course there is that thing called D, which is on vacation tonight. But as of now, Funk & company lighting up the pitiful team they are playing.
15/27.....nearly 56%

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411 and TX4GB
What is wrong with IU? They are about to drop to 1-4 in the conference. Is it injury? Bad coaching? i dont watch them, and not looking for IU haters, if some IU people are the board, you can give an opinion. They get top recruits, they shouldt be this bad.

What is wrong with IU? They are about to drop to 1-4 in the conference. Is it injury? Bad coaching? i dont watch them, and not looking for IU haters, if some IU people are the board, you can give an opinion. They get top recruits, they shouldt be this bad.
Well they have a couple of key injuries…but they also have Woodson on the bench, and he is awful…

It sucks how bad IU is, the rivalry is more fun when both teams matter. That said, i still like beatig the crap out of them more often than not even if being in AZ I dont have to deal with the irrationnal IU love your state seems to give them.

It sucks how bad IU is, the rivalry is more fun when both teams matter. That said, i still like beatig the crap out of them more often than not even if being in AZ I dont have to deal with the irrationnal IU love your state seems to give them.

I immensely enjoy it the way it is.....Purdue annually competitive for B10 championship & iu competing for maybe the NIT...in a good year, with the best part of their season being the summer. Agree that this state has an abundance of irrational arrogant fans that seem to back iu, but the trailerites have to have something to do here in the winter.

I think Coach Woody is realizing that coaching college players and NBA are two different animals.

In the presser after the home Northwestern loss, he blamed their piss poor defense on the 2 injuries.
I think his coaching philosophy is to throw some good athletes out on the floor and see if they can win a pickup game.
Unfortunately, the kids their playing against are usually well coached. Poor Woody...Not really.

It sucks how bad IU is, the rivalry is more fun when both teams matter.
With all due respect, I’ve never understood this line of thinking.

I’m not in the Midwest either nowadays , but IMO there is zero benefit to Purdue when and if Indinia is ever decent in any sport-

It means they’ve taken talent that otherwise might be helping Purdue become prominent!

With all due respect, I’ve never understood this line of thinking.

I’m not in the Midwest either nowadays , but IMO there is zero benefit to Purdue when and if Indinia is ever decent in any sport-

It means they’ve taken talent that otherwise might be helping Purdue become prominent!
It benefits Purdue if Woodson does enough to keep his job because Woodson and Painter seem to target different kids. Woodson can bring in his borderline 5 stars from Florida or the East coast and it doesn’t really affect Purdue. I know that Woodson targets some Indiana kids, but I am not sure that he prioritizes them like Painter does and I also think that his coaching style appeals to a different kind of recruit than Painter’s.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
How can a coach allow his team to only give his best best best player to only get 14 shots?
? for you. I knew you knew Ed Schilling Jr and wondered if Irna was his mother? The reason...Kim alerted me to a picture on Facebook of my sister,brother-in-law, Dave Sanders (mid 60s Butler forward) and Irna. I understand senior died of Covid a couple of years ago. @destewart I did an @you on that link. Thought you might enjoy it a bit. Dave Schellhase was in it, your frat brother (guard) and Basil Mawby. Not a lot of basketball talk, but good seeing some of these people I watched years ago play.

Reactions: destewart
? for you. I knew you knew Ed Schilling Jr and wondered if Irna was his mother? The reason...Kim alerted me to a picture on Facebook of my sister,brother-in-law, Dave Sanders (mid 60s Butler forward) and Irna. I understand senior died of Covid a couple of years ago. @destewart I did an @you on that link. Thought you might enjoy it a bit. Dave Schellhase was in it, your frat brother (guard) and Basil Mawby. Not a lot of basketball talk, but good seeing some of these people I watched years ago play.
Thank you.

Reactions: tjreese
I didn't know his mother. I'm sure she was at his wedding, but I didn't meet her.

Reactions: tjreese
What is wrong with IU? They suck.

They annually out recruit Purdue and their fans come here to remind us. But they waste more talent than any other school.

They annually out recruit Purdue and their fans come here to remind us. But they waste more talent than any other school.
Injuries. We know that story all too welll ourselves. Two starters out for a long period, maybe for the season. Star(TJD) hurting. Good looking guard trying to carry the load, but is a freshman. All in all, a recipe for losing given how brutally competitive the whole BIG is this year. Any weakness will be exploited and ripped into. IUhas lots of weaknesses right now.

no doubt by summer they will be back on top, as they will tell us repeatedly. :cool:

Injuries. We know that story all too welll ourselves. Two starters out for a long period, maybe for the season. Star(TJD) hurting. Good looking guard trying to carry the load, but is a freshman. All in all, a recipe for losing given how brutally competitive the whole BIG is this year. Any weakness will be exploited and ripped into. IUhas lots of weaknesses right now.

no doubt by summer they will be back on top, as they will tell us repeatedly. :cool:
13 time Off-Season Champions !!!

They are more interested in rankings/star ratings than building a roster. They always have highly ranked guys running around aimlessly trying to get their stats.

They are more interested in rankings/star ratings than building a roster. They always have highly ranked guys running around aimlessly trying to get their stats.
Exactly, never judge a recruiting class by the amount of stars assigned to them by random wanna be journalists that likely never played the game past 8th grade or coached at all.

Reactions: delarno and TX4GB
It benefits Purdue if Woodson does enough to keep his job because Woodson and Painter seem to target different kids. Woodson can bring in his borderline 5 stars from Florida or the East coast and it doesn’t really affect Purdue. I know that Woodson targets some Indiana kids, but I am not sure that he prioritizes them like Painter does and I also think that his coaching style appeals to a different kind of recruit than Painter’s.
I think we’re saying the same thing : Indinia being good doesn’t help Purdue in any way.

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT