ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Nell Fortner

You love to argue. If I take a week off you and doo daw day will argue with somebody else.

After reading this entire thread thread twice, I said many people like to criticize Dunn and Versyp but nobody wants to talk about Dunn's accomplishments on the court or for that matter any coach's actual accomplishments on the court. Everyone is quick to criticize Versyp but nobody will provide any proof of anybody any better.

Purdue 85 , I applaud you for taking the time to reflect Versyp's record and accomplishments. But when you chirped in and disagreed with me when I said nobod talked about Dunn's accomplishments on the court, I kind of expected that you had posted something similar about Dunn. I looked for it, but found nothing.

I also thought Dunn was a great coach. But I don't know if her accomplishments were better than Versyp.

Sometimes I get annoyed when people criticize a current coach and claim they were not as great as the previous coach. And all they use to talk about the previous coach is adjectives. Versyp guided the Boilers to two elite 8 appearances. To me that's pretty impressive. So I politely ask, what former Purdue coach did that. And all I get are crickets chirping.

All I asked is a simple question or to provide some factual data about our previous coaches instead of adjectives. I thought since you provided them for Versyp, it wouldn't be that hard to provide them for the other previous coaches. I noticed both Dunn and Peck both enjoyed some success in the WNBA.
Bigs, sometimes I think you just like to argue. This thread was about Nell not Dunn. I am not sure what your problem is, but you are just thrashing about here.

Bigs, sometimes I think you just like to argue. This thread was about Nell not Dunn. I am not sure what your problem is, but you are just thrashing about here.

Rather than argue, I seek clarification. Unfortunately when I post simple posts, others respond and disagree and I respond. While my initial post was not about Nell, it did follow and was in line with the previous two pages of posts about Versyp. While this thread may have started talking about Fortner, it soon turned into a thread about Dunn and Versyp. That was not my doing. I just responded to the posts and the direction the thread was going. If the thread had stayed on subject, my post would have as well. As Purdue 85 previously indicated, read the thread. It wasn't me who got off subject. And it wasn't me initially calling anybody out. All I wanted to know was how These coaches compared with Versyp.

I will admit some of the greatest Purdue players were recruited by Dunn. peck led them to a championship. What did Fortner do?

Rather than argue, I seek clarification. Unfortunately when I post simple posts, others respond and disagree and I respond. While my initial post was not about Nell, it did follow and was in line with the previous two pages of posts about Versyp. While this thread may have started talking about Fortner, it soon turned into a thread about Dunn and Versyp. That was not my doing. I just responded to the posts and the direction the thread was going. If the thread had stayed on subject, my post would have as well. As Purdue 85 previously indicated, read the thread. It wasn't me who got off subject. And it wasn't me initially calling anybody out. All I wanted to know was how These coaches compared with Versyp.

I will admit some of the greatest Purdue players were recruited by Dunn. peck led them to a championship. What did Fortner do?
Fortner, Dunn and Curry led Purdue to a conference championship. We are still waiting for Versyp after 13 years to do so.

Fortner, Dunn and Curry led Purdue to a conference championship. We are still waiting for Versyp after 13 years to do so.

a question I would ask. In today's overhyped March Madness, what is the greater achievement ? a conference championship? or excellence in the NCAA tournament? Which was the better accomplishment and would you rather have ? a regular season championship? or making the elite 8 or Final 4? I'm not sure which is coveted more. but it sure seems like younger fans are becoming more interested in the NCAA tourney than the regular season .

I'm not looking to argue, just asking for opinions.

a question I would ask. In today's overhyped March Madness, what is the greater achievement ? a conference championship? or excellence in the NCAA tournament? Which was the better accomplishment and would you rather have ? a regular season championship? or making the elite 8 or Final 4? I'm not sure which is coveted more. but it sure seems like younger fans are becoming more interested in the NCAA tourney than the regular season .

I'm not looking to argue, just demanding the last word.
FIFY

I'm not looking to argue, just asking for opinions.
I'm really not sure about the answers to your questions. I guess everyone may have a different opinion. I just wish Versyp would do something to make Purdue fans proud of. Many are plain tired of waiting.

Versyp's team with Katie Gerald's in her senior year won the conference tournament at Indy over Ohio State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT