ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA 12-22

tenwest

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
I realize I’ll probably get nailed to the wall for this but watching Golden State right now and they have 2 lady broadcasters. Stephanie White and our favorite Beth Mowins. Last night I watched a game where 2 of the 3 refs were female. I believe even the Pacers have a female assistant coach.
Are we running out of men? Isn’t the WNBA good enough for these ladies?

I realize I’ll probably get nailed to the wall for this but watching Golden State right now and they have 2 lady broadcasters. Stephanie White and our favorite Beth Mowins. Last night I watched a game where 2 of the 3 refs were female. I believe even the Pacers have a female assistant coach.
I'm with you on that one. Even worse is most of the women that call games have voices that are like nails on a chalkboard. That being said listening to Raphael Davis last night was painful as well. It seems mostly an ESPN thing, Carolyn Peck is doing the Diamond Head Classis, her voice isnt bad, do they get women announcers on the cheap? Seems like regardless of their sex having a pleasant voice is really important and there are plenty of womens games televised. Just because you can doesn't mean you should in my opinion

Reactions: tenwest
Try not to be a douche'. The sexism here is rampant.

Try not to be a douche'. The sexism here is rampant.
You are the douche' . Nothing to do with sexism it has to do with good announcers. A good announcer regardless has to have a good voice, knowledge and be interesting. Listening to 2 women call and NBA game didn't cut it. I could care less about the reffing part and who teams choose to hire but I have yet to hear one female calling a men's basketball of football game on ESPBN that is good to listen to. I don't mind listening to the women doing volleyball and womens basketball on Big10 but the ones ESPN hires are horrible to listen to. It's almost like they are trying to get women who have masculine annoying voices. Grab a Summers Eve and enjoy your day.

Reactions: Boiler Buck

I have 2 daughters and 3 granddaughters and find your remarks antiquated at the least. But have a Merry Christmas anyway!

You lost me when you said you were watching the NBA.....

I'm with you on that one. Even worse is most of the women that call games have voices that are like nails on a chalkboard. That being said listening to Raphael Davis last night was painful as well. It seems mostly an ESPN thing, Carolyn Peck is doing the Diamond Head Classis, her voice isnt bad, do they get women announcers on the cheap? Seems like regardless of their sex having a pleasant voice is really important and there are plenty of womens games televised. Just because you can doesn't mean you should in my opinion
Most ESPN announcers have grated on my nerves the past several years.

Reactions: herrli and tenwest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT