ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Marcelino Ball out for year with torn ACL

boiler1987

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
Sucks to hear and hope he has a full recovery. Can come back and play next year if he wants.

Reactions: Purdue85
Sucks to hear and hope he has a full recovery. Can come back and play next year if he wants.
You could make a dump truck load of money (the really big earth moving kind) if you could figure out how to immobilize the knee ligaments from injury without sacrificing range of motion. I remember when they brought ski boots higher up on the shin to prevent ankle sprains...and promptly saw a meteoric rise in knee injuries. You almost need a type of memory plastic that knows the limits of the individual wearer and activates when that range is exceeded.

You could make a dump truck load of money (the really big earth moving kind) if you could figure out how to immobilize the knee ligaments from injury without sacrificing range of motion. I remember when they brought ski boots higher up on the shin to prevent ankle sprains...and promptly saw a meteoric rise in knee injuries. You almost need a type of memory plastic that knows the limits of the individual wearer and activates when that range is exceeded.

Agreed.

Although I don't ski, the same principles apply for BB and FB. I suffered multiple major ankle injuries, forcing me to "lock down" my ankles with braces when I played.

The braces helped protect the ankles. The knees, not so much. The "compromise" was two knee surgeries.

I think I prefer the severe ankle sprains.

Are you going to be okay?

I'll be fine thank you. Just wondering how certain people can make "supposed" jokes about a you man getting injured.

When Rondale went down, all I remember is football fans feeling terrible for him and his Purdue fans.

Truly hope y'all condemn the post

I dislike IU more than any other school and athletic program in the country but dissing this kid for being injured is wrong. He was doing what he loved and now may have to rethink his future. I wish him the best and a quick and complete recovery.

Reactions: IUHDog
I'll be fine thank you. Just wondering how certain people can make "supposed" jokes about a you man getting injured.

When Rondale went down, all I remember is football fans feeling terrible for him and his Purdue fans.

I disagree with negative comments about an injury but c'mon, get off your high horse. The comment was about iu FANS, not Ball. And it wasn't "people", it was one poster. I remember back to when Hummel got hurt(both times) and seeing multiple negative comments on the iu board. Before coming here to admonish this board how about looking at the iu board and correcting any negative comments - I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to find some.

That being said, I hope Ball has a successful recovery.

So you don’t recall having to scold your fellow IU fans about saying much worse than anything posted here? Here let me help.

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/i-have-to-laugh-at-pu-misery.188292/

Quit trying to manufacture outrage. Nobody here is wishing this on any player.

Last edited:

Glad to hear, because your well-being seems to be too much centered on what's posted on this forum.

I'm not going to cede to your demands posted on an internet forum. As FDB posted, you're trying manufacture outrage. Nobody wishes ill will for an IU football player. There have been plenty of dumbass posts from IU fans.

You don't run the forum. You're posting on the Purdue forum as an IU fan. Start acting like it. If you want to engage, engage. If you want to banter, well, that's okay from time to time, as long as it isn't taken too far. If you don't like what you see, leave.

Reactions: Inspector100
From a football perspective, Ball plays the Husky position which is a hybrid safety/LB role. Ball's injury is a loss for plays closer to the line of scrimmage in that he's athletic and physical and particularly good in blitz packages. On the other hand, Ball has struggled at times in coverage and his replacement, Bryant Fitzgerald, will be an improvement in defending the pass game.

From a football perspective, Ball plays the Husky position which is a hybrid safety/LB role. Ball's injury is a loss for plays closer to the line of scrimmage in that he's athletic and physical and particularly good in blitz packages. On the other hand, Ball has struggled at times in coverage and his replacement, Bryant Fitzgerald, will be an improvement in defending the pass game.

You think he’ll come back for a 6th year?

You think he’ll come back for a 6th year?

It probably depends upon whether he feels he'll get a decent shot at the next level after rehabbing. Six years is a long time to stay in college but it's difficult to get drafted coming off an ACL when you're not a surefire NFL prospect.

Actually, IU fanatics were cheering the injury on your board. That horse you rode in on is a little high.

Glad to hear, because your well-being seems to be too much centered on what's posted on this forum.

I'm not going to cede to your demands posted on an internet forum. As FDB posted, you're trying manufacture outrage. Nobody wishes ill will for an IU football player. There have been plenty of dumbass posts from IU fans.

You don't run the forum. You're posting on the Purdue forum as an IU fan. Start acting like it. If you want to engage, engage. If you want to banter, well, that's okay from time to time, as long as it isn't taken too far. If you don't like what you see, leave.

Official apology. I know no real fans of college football wish injuries on anyone, even hated rivals.

FWIW, I'm in Frankfort visiting my mother who is very I'll. I'm on shakey ground and my sensitivity is too fragile.

Some of my best friends are Boiler fans.

Please excuse my aggressive posts.

Peace

Official apology. I know no real fans of college football wish injuries on anyone, even hated rivals.

FWIW, I'm in Frankfort visiting my mother who is very I'll. I'm on shakey ground and my sensitivity is too fragile.

Peace

Sending well wishes your way for your mom. Sorry to hear that that’s tough.

Peace
Sending prayers to you , your mom and all your family. That’s tough. Hopefully she Gets through it and gets better.

Last edited:

Peace
I know the feeling. Prayers headed your way.

Peace

Thank you for that post.

Prayers for you, your Mother, and your entire family. I can relate; 2019 was horrible for me and my wife.

EDIT: This is a lesson for all of us. Rarely do we know what is going on in someone else's life. Whatever that encounter might be in life (on the roads, on the internet, in the cafe), remember, we don't know what's going on in that other person's life.

I constantly strive to extend more grace, yet fail to do so all-too-often.

Peace
God bless and prayers to you and your family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT