ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Josh Allen's Tweets

Gotta wonder how the "identifies thing" ever took root...
You know that whole 'participation trophy' parenting and everyone getting to win....I have to think it goes to that as well. I recently saw a cartoon with a 6 painted on the ground with two people arguing if it was a 6 or a 9....the caption read, just because you think you are right, doesn't make the other person wrong, or something along those lines. The issue is that someone is wrong and many people are too fragile to be told they are wrong or people are too fragile to tell people that they are wrong.

Reactions: tjreese
You know that whole 'participation trophy' parenting and everyone getting to win....I have to think it goes to that as well. I recently saw a cartoon with a 6 painted on the ground with two people arguing if it was a 6 or a 9....the caption read, just because you think you are right, doesn't make the other person wrong, or something along those lines. The issue is that someone is wrong and many people are too fragile to be told they are wrong or people are too fragile to tell people that they are wrong.
I just left the Monocacy Battlefield and every time my mind drifts to the battles of the Civil War I'm reminded just how mentally weak we are today

Last edited:
I just left the Monocracy Battlefield and every time my mind drifts to the battles of the Civil War I'm reminded just how mentally weak we are today
Ehh, I think kids just haven’t had a reason to be strong in the last 40 years...there hasn’t been a major war since Vietnam that required the manpower and resources at that level. Kids haven’t had to feel pushed culturally and socially until recently with gun violence in schools. These kids today, when they get pushed as they are now, will surprise you with their grit and determination. Unfortunately their parents (and in some cases our parents) tended to give us everything bc, simply put, they could.

Ehh, I think kids just haven’t had a reason to be strong in the last 40 years...there hasn’t been a major war since Vietnam that required the manpower and resources at that level. Kids haven’t had to feel pushed culturally and socially until recently with gun violence in schools. These kids today, when they get pushed as they are now, will surprise you with their grit and determination. Unfortunately their parents (and in some cases our parents) tended to give us everything bc, simply put, they could.
It is true that we all are softer than those 120lb men carrying 40lb of gear with and without shoes marching up and down the terrain for over 10 miles just to get to the battle. It is easy though to compare the youth of today with the youth of years ago physically relative to weight. I often question the child centered pedagogy moving higher into the grades and the effect when after graduation the children are hit with the reality they really are not the center of the universe

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
I just left the Monocracy Battlefield and every time my mind drifts to the battles of the Civil War I'm reminded just how mentally weak we are today

Tj. Glad to know there’s another on here that still “hear the guns”. General Wallace saved the day, and his reputation, at Monacacy. Always knew I liked you.

Reactions: tjreese
Tj. Glad to know there’s another on here that still “hear the guns”. General Wallace saved the day, and his reputation, at Monacacy. Always knew I liked you.
thinking maybe Harpers Ferry before I leave? Been to Antietam twice and Gettysburg 3 times...maybe go to Gettysburg again? Kim would like to spend some time walking around Devils Den since we have only stood on Little Round Top and looked down towards it. Soooooo much history in this area..and yes Wallace got another chance and bought time that may have saved Washington from Early!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g60798-i21293846-Gettysburg_Pennsylvania.html

Last edited:
Young people (25 and under) probably need to chime in on this one but If I'm reading Josh's tweets correctly, it doesn't appear as if he called anyone in particular the N word - ending in r. The way I read his tweets he used the generic N word - ending in a - in a plural sense as others might use the word bitches. Am I misreading what he wrote?
Are there any minorities on this board who were offended by his tweets? Or is this a case where a bunch of white people are telling people they "should" be offended?

How about we agree... i never EVER use it for fun or hate...... and you never use it TO THINK YOU SOUND COOL OR HAVE THE RIGHT BECAUSE YOU LOOK A CERTAIN WAY. and maybe just maybe it will be a work we have to look up in an urban dictionary of history by the time i am put in the ground. please anything to lessen the constant stress of racial tension

How about we agree... i never EVER use it for fun or hate...... and you never use it TO THINK YOU SOUND COOL OR HAVE THE RIGHT BECAUSE YOU LOOK A CERTAIN WAY. and maybe just maybe it will be a work we have to look up in an urban dictionary of history by the time i am put in the ground. please anything to lessen the constant stress of racial tension
Wouldn't the best and easiest way to ease the racial tension with the word is to take away it's power. The word is never going away - you know that. I applaud young people for using it and acting as if its no big deal. Because it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Same goes for all derogatory words. They're just words. Human beings assign them power.

Wouldn't the best and easiest way to ease the racial tension with the word is to take away it's power. The word is never going away - you know that. I applaud young people for using it and acting as if its no big deal. Because it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Same goes for all derogatory words. They're just words. Human beings assign them power.

the jesse jacksons and al sharptons and others in the race business will never let racial tensions be eased

jmho

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT