ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I can relate with Robbie Hummel and Elijah Sindelar Now.

Sorry to hear that, ahhculdee. Hope you make a full recovery and that it doesn't affect your long-term life style and leisure/sports activities.

Find a comfortable resting place, and watch the Boilers make a tournament run.

Sorry to hear that. Happen playing a game?
I was at a trampoline park at a church event. I got there and went to play dodgeball and within the first five minutes I went up to throw a ball and went I came down I landed awkward and heard a pop.

I was at a trampoline park at a church event. I got there and went to play dodgeball and within the first five minutes I went up to throw a ball and went I came down I landed awkward and heard a pop.

Man, I want to start playing ball again (been 5+ years away) but I'm 40 and I have a bad feeling either ACL or Achilles might be in my future

Wishing you a successful recovery.

Reactions: tjreese
Update:Just had my surgery and am,doing well. Although I have had a couple scares since my leg is numb.
One piece of unsolicited advice: do all of the rehab your doctor tells you to do, exactly how he tells you to do it. My brother tore his ACL playing soccer, didn’t do the rehab 100% perfect, and his ACL knee is still not quite the same as the other one, well over a decade later.

One piece of unsolicited advice: do all of the rehab your doctor tells you to do, exactly how he tells you to do it. My brother tore his ACL playing soccer, didn’t do the rehab 100% perfect, and his ACL knee is still not quite the same as the other one, well over a decade later.
I will. One of best friends also tore his ACL a couple months ago. He had surgery much earlier than me. That's the biggest thing knowing somebody else that had the same thing to keep you motivated. Hopefully my recovery goes as well as Elijah's and my fruend's has gone.

Good luck again with the rehab....a shout-out to Robert Marve for perseverance as well.

marve-scores-winner-purdue-mctjpg-c0a4da0adf4dd625.jpg

Reactions: Purdue85
Man, I want to start playing ball again (been 5+ years away) but I'm 40 and I have a bad feeling either ACL or Achilles might be in my future
Hell I'm still playing bb at least 3 times a week and I'm .....69.Some of the guys I play against are in their 40s and 50s Then there are some old farts in their 60s.Still enjoy it and still competitive! Go for it

I will. One of best friends also tore his ACL a couple months ago. He had surgery much earlier than me. That's the biggest thing knowing somebody else that had the same thing to keep you motivated. Hopefully my recovery goes as well as Elijah's and my fruend's has gone.
Conversely, don't overdo the therapy. I have a friend who had both knees replaced, one right after the other had recovered. He was in a rush to get back to full health because he lead a very active life. He thought he'd speed up his recovery if he did additional therapy workouts on his own beyond what the therapist prescribed and of course without telling the therapist. He did recover quicker than expected, but about 6 years later he paid for it by having to go thru a partial replacement on one knee.

THIS!!!

Had my ACL repair a little over 3 years ago, committed to the PT and have had incredible flexibility, mobility, and no pain.

Still can't jump like I used to, but that's a function of the years on my body, if you know what I mean.

I found out I tore my ACL this morning.

There's many more Purdue athletes beyond those 2 that you can relate to. We were having ACL issues left and right it seemed for a bit. I don't think it's a coincidence certain people have been replaced on staff and its seemingly decreased.

There's many more Purdue athletes beyond those 2 that you can relate to. We were having ACL issues left and right it seemed for a bit. I don't think it's a coincidence certain people have been replaced on staff and its seemingly decreased.
Most Torn ACLs are freak accidents.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT