ADVERTISEMENT

OT Family shame

It may or may not, but the college experience is something most that went away cherish. In my limited exposure people that go to extensions and such view the extension as a place to take classes only...not near the feeling of home, as felt when going to campus. Anyway, I think that as much as anything separates you on the sports scene, but that is okay.

I agree, it never felt like home to me, just a place to take classes. It may have been different if I had gone away. However, one of the reasons I never even thought about going to WL is because as an IU fan I wanted nothing to do with that place. haha

I got a good laugh out of this thread. Most of my family is IU or Notre Dame. I have a nephew who went to Purdue. Both schools have their places in academia. Two of my nephews went to IU. Both can speak five languages and multiple degrees. My daughter has three degrees from IU and speaks four languages. My son a IU grad is in the number three medical school in the country. My nephew who attended Purdue owns his own trucking company. You can have success if you work hard in school and afterwards.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
I agree, it never felt like home to me, just a place to take classes. It may have been different if I had gone away. However, one of the reasons I never even thought about going to WL is because as an IU fan I wanted nothing to do with that place. haha
fully understand. I remember when I was in elementary school having no desire to be around girls, but then my exposure totally changed my opinion. ;)

Reactions: Do Dah Day
fully understand. I remember when I was in elementary school having no desire to be around girls, but then my exposure totally changed my opinion. ;)

Haha sounds about right. However, I get plenty of exposure to Purdue fans while working in the Engineering field. They try to convert me every day, so far it has had no effect. It does cause a lot of bets on basketball between us though. :)

Reactions: tjreese
Haha sounds about right. However, I get plenty of exposure to Purdue fans while working in the Engineering field. They try to convert me every day, so far it has had no effect. It does cause a lot of bets on basketball between us though. :)
I feel like had you watched 10 games of purdue followed by 10 games of IU throughout the season you would be converted.

I feel like had you watched 10 games of purdue followed by 10 games of IU throughout the season you would be converted.

haha I surely didn't watch that many full PU games this year, but I watched parts of many. Still an IU fan. :) Now during the early Crean years.....you're probably right, that was downright ugly. I avoided watching any other games during that time for fear of making IU's play look even worse than it already did.

Last year's IU games weren't hard to watch. It was easy to see what coach was trying to do and how it can work, we just didn't have the horses or the experience yet to do it on a regular basis. Now Crean's last year....that was rough. We had talent....but none of the game plan to make them successful. Plus Crean whiffed on recruiting quality point guards for 4 years after getting Yogi, that doomed him.

tell him to knock it off. Indiana has some very reputable academic programs that Purdue does not offer. Indiana has a fine music school, business , law, education, medical, optometry, and many other programs of study.

Purdue has trained many fine teachers & educators...I am one. The Kranert School of Mgmt And Purdue's Ag Econ are good alternatives to a candy striped degree. As far as law, medical and optometry - those are grad programs and you can get a better foundation of science prereqs. @ Purdue as an undergrad in anything from food science to biology. Other than iu's music school? Yea, I will give you that.

Having attended & taken classes for years @ both schools, personally for my family, Purdue is hands down a better experience and degree for my family.

And our to be fourth gen Purdue gradaughter is now 14 months.....so looking forward to dressing her in Purdue gear & going to games with her soon, as we train them up right, starting in preschool.

Reactions: tjreese
I got a good laugh out of this thread. Most of my family is IU or Notre Dame. I have a nephew who went to Purdue. Both schools have their places in academia. Two of my nephews went to IU. Both can speak five languages and multiple degrees. My daughter has three degrees from IU and speaks four languages. My son a IU grad is in the number three medical school in the country. My nephew who attended Purdue owns his own trucking company. You can have success if you work hard in school and afterwards.

So nice that they take after their mother.

I guess I should come clean. My real allegiance and alma mater is UTSA...….. and SIU, and USF and GSU and AUM and ST Petersburg College and John A Logan College, and Rend Lake College. When you have degrees from multiple colleges/universities and work for different colleges, you tend to lose the desire to hate other colleges and the rivalries seem meaningless.

Although my son beat both IU's and Purdue's decathletes last year ! my fist was pumped that day in Bloomington.
Attended 8 different colleges? LOL ok...

Reactions: Emartin70287
I guess your probanly a bit older than me. I can see liking them then, I was 12 in 2002. But since just seems like there hasnt been much to like about their program, amd trying to be unbiased here. Purdue way more respectable program, I would think you would at least like both teams.
You're a bit younger than I, I was 54 in '02.
When I was 12, I watched the four Tubas, then Dishinger, Garland, McGinley, Berkshire, and Dawkins. There were 178 D1 teams that year.

My daughter is starting at IU this fall. Her 13 year old brother won't stop razing her about that decision and has worn Purdue gear to her graduation party and at IU and in Bloomington at her freshman orientation. He watches all the Purdue games with me and hopes to play for a former Purdue basketball player in a few years. My question is should I tell him to knock it off or help him with his put downs?
Condolences, dad.

All you do at this point is to guide her into a real degree. They do have a few. Never give in and do that House Divided nonsense!

Try to be kind as we dominate them in Football for her next four years, and we ramp up the win count in basketball.

No shit head, I was referring to the intelligence of your kids....which we all know you have very little to none. I'm guessing your nephew takes after his mother too.

That's a bvllsh!t post, those are his kids you're talking about. I have an IU degree and use it every. Single. Day. Got me the best job I ever had, or will have.

Reactions: wawasee
That's a bvllsh!t post, those are his kids you're talking about. I have an IU degree and use it every. Single. Day. Got me the best job I ever had, or will have.
Tooting my on horn isnt my style. I have done plenty in my life.. Very proud of the next generation in my family. Thank you for your rational post.

Reactions: Jack_Ripper
Internet tough guy. You still in love with Bobby Knight?
Nope....I never call anyone names on here, or not very often if ever.. Just got tired of it and responded. Guess you haven't heard, but Bob went to Texas Tech, did a very good job there, became an ESPN analyst, and then retired. He's no longer associated with IU basketball. TIC

No doubt. They always let the guy with the IU degree drive the honey dipper truck!
My son will soon be making in excess of 600k a year. Mathboy you have always been a decent guy to talk basketball with. Keep out of the muck..

Typical. A Purdue guy posts about a somewhat humorous family situation and a Loosier refugee and a chest thumping Loosier turn it into a personal missing match. Time to give it a rest. You're both whiny jerks. Go back to the PeegStye where you both fit in

Typical. A Purdue guy posts about a somewhat humorous family situation and a Loosier refugee and a chest thumping Loosier turn it into a personal missing match. Time to give it a rest. You're both whiny jerks. Go back to the PeegStye where you both fit in
I post over here often. Read my original post on this thread. I commented about the positives of both schools..

My son will soon be making in excess of 600k a year. Mathboy you have always been a decent guy to talk basketball with. Keep out of the muck..
Just having fun Wawa. The worst thing you can do is brag about some bit of personal accomplishment on these boards. It invites derision, and there is always someone who has a better... bigger... more money... etc. You just can't win and all you do is belittle yourself.

My attempt was to intercede with humor before people got too harsh with Jack_Tripper, and his innocent but stupid post bragging about his IU education... on a Purdue board. In fact the responses have been civil and not too bad. Some of our more edgy posters must be enjoying the holiday.

My attempt was to intercede with humor before people got too harsh with Jack_Tripper, and his innocent but stupid post bragging about his IU education... on a Purdue board. In fact the responses have been civil and not too bad. Some of our more edgy posters must be enjoying the holiday.

Yes, your post de-fused me, which is appropriate on the eve of the 4th.

Wawa, you should be thanking Mathboy, not wawa-ing at him.

ADVERTISEMENT