ADVERTISEMENT

OT: do we have any "Slingers" here on the board?

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
YouTube Tv is getting ready to up their prices. Sling is a lot lower, but doesn't look like it has BigTen TV (which is weird because it has FOX sports) or TCM (for pop). Wondering if that's available Ala cart? Interesting stat, 96 of the top 100 (in terms of viewers) programs last year were sports. Follow the money...

I wish there was a steaming app that let you pick channels ala cart. I've used Hulu and YouTube TV. I only use them from Sep through March (wish I could say through April).
Ditto. The first company that comes up with the ala cart approach is gonna make a mint, IMO. IIRC, the very first satellite dishes wee based on that (you picked what you wanted to watch and it was a "pay as you go" thing.) Then ESPN came along and held the financial gun to everybody's head.

Ditto. The first company that comes up with the ala cart approach is gonna make a mint, IMO. IIRC, the very first satellite dishes wee based on that (you picked what you wanted to watch and it was a "pay as you go" thing.) Then ESPN came along and held the financial gun to everybody's head.
There's already too much corporate consolidation in media for that to ever happen.

I'm searching too. Currently with fubo - not happy.
how much is it and to you get any/all BT games (football & BB)? With the new arrangement I may not have to worry about BT games anymore, we'll have to see how that's going to play out.

Pondering on this some more. Wouldn't it be great if you could just select a team or teams from a service and just pay for those games?

Maybe it would be like pay per view, but much cheaper a game.

Reactions: Tommaker
YouTube Tv is getting ready to up their prices. Sling is a lot lower, but doesn't look like it has BigTen TV (which is weird because it has FOX sports) or TCM (for pop). Wondering if that's available Ala cart? Interesting stat, 96 of the top 100 (in terms of viewers) programs last year were sports. Follow the money...
I have Sling. I have Big 10, SEC and Pac 12 networks.

how much is it and to you get any/all BT games (football & BB)? With the new arrangement I may not have to worry about BT games anymore, we'll have to see how that's going to play out.
$110/month - get a Big games - proble is the tournament - no TNT or True TV

ADVERTISEMENT