ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Colts

After getting rid of Wentz, benching Ryan, and firing the OC, they get rid of Reich today, and replace him with ESPN analyst Jeff Saturday. What a clown show.

Shows you what happens when you miss @ QB on consecutive attempts. A lot of the NFL is a hot mess right now, and after the top 5 or 6 QB's......woah.....some really poor play.

After getting rid of Wentz, benching Ryan, and firing the OC, they get rid of Reich today, and replace him with ESPN analyst Jeff Saturday. What a clown show.

It reminds me of the Hazell-era Purdue. First change QB, then the OC, and when all else proves inept, the HC has to go. Yesterday's performance was atrocious. Come on, 1.9 yards per play?!? Damn.

What in the actual F are Ballard and Irsay thinking? If Irsay is forcing this, then if you're Ballard, you've got to leave or you look like a complete incompetent fool to anyone who might think to hire you in the future, at least more than you do now...

Do they have any interest in a semi-successful college coach at a BT school? Asking for a friend…
TIC…

What in the actual F are Ballard and Irsay thinking? If Irsay is forcing this, then if you're Ballard, you've got to leave or you look like a complete incompetent fool to anyone who might think to hire you in the future, at least more than you do now...

Ballard is such a whiner.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Not sure about that. This roster is a mess. No QB, OL is an overpaid disaster, no WR1, pass rush is meh…

Ryan looked like he could put in for social security on that last unsuccessful drive. I didn't get a good look at the replay or the spot, but I thought when he scrambled and dove head first, he wasn't touched and was close to the first down....guess I saw something different. In a league now with more parity than ever, some good moves can payoff......the flipside is that some mistakes can bury you for a little while too.

Overall, more bad football than good to me in the NFL......but, there have been some entertaining and dramatic finishes too.....two games won on Sunday with 2-pt conversions with the game in the balance and an 86-yd run-off TD in the Raiders/Seahawks OT thriller......Pete wasn't happy, which was a real shame.

Baltimore has already tied a league record for 4th Q double-digit lead losses.....Dallas lost its first ever game when leading by 14 entering the 4thQ.....Cleveland lost a 13pt lead inside 2 minutes this year.....first team to do that since......well, the Browns again.

Also, is Jimmy Garoppolo the QB reincarnation and complete make-over of Wayne Fontes? Just when you think he's toast...... :)

It could be worse. You could be a packers fan. We have the team that Gute built and LeFoure couldn’t coach. At least the colts will get a good draft pick unlike the Packers who should have and could have tanked.,,

And then move Skoronski to guard. You can’t have too many “generational guards”.
To be fair, Skoronski supposedly has too short of arms so that may happen anyway.

But I'd really like to thank the Colts for losing yesterday. It's about time the Bears get something going and now they should be able to do that with this #1 pick. Colts are more than welcome to deal for it, but I'm not sure Ballard has it in him to trade picks away like that for a prospect when Carr is out there.

The question for the bears is who do you keep and who do you trade? As can be seen, running QBs, no matter how many highlight plays they create, rarely produce championships!

To be fair, Skoronski supposedly has too short of arms so that may happen anyway.

But I'd really like to thank the Colts for losing yesterday. It's about time the Bears get something going and now they should be able to do that with this #1 pick. Colts are more than welcome to deal for it, but I'm not sure Ballard has it in him to trade picks away like that for a prospect when Carr is out there.
Colts fans would storm west 56th if Ballard trades for another retread QB.

Reactions: TX4GB
I just saw a mock draft that had the Colts picking CJ Stroud.

Will Levis in the mix too if the other 2 are taken. Projected to Raiders at #7.
Wonder if Stetson Bennet could be the next Drew Brees type QB? He looks as good as any, but won’t be a high draft pick.

Wonder if Stetson Bennet could be the next Drew Brees type QB? He looks as good as any, but won’t be a high draft pick.
This might be the draft to take him or AOC in the mid rounds if you do take one of the other QBs with a high round pick. Someone to fall back on if the others are a bust. There have been too many high first round picks who were busts over the years.

Reactions: SKYDOG
He does seem better than Trubisky.
He has decent running backs, but no receivers and a horrible O-Line that will continue to get him injured if they don't improve. He's in the mold of Jalen Hurts and we all saw what that was in year 3.

Reactions: TX4GB
He has decent running backs, but no receivers and a horrible O-Line that will continue to get him injured if they don't improve. He's in the mold of Jalen Hurts and we all saw what that was in year 3.
Fields is a tough evaluation. It is true that his o-line and receivers are horrendous, but his passing numbers aren't just bad, they're downright alarming. Even so, he was so electric that they'd have won several more games if they weren't fielding an XFL roster everywhere else.

This is going to be an all time offseason for Ryan Poles and the Bears. The amount of resources that he's going to expend has never been seen before in the history of the league. Hope he doesn't screw it up.

Right, I had Montgomery on my team. I don’t think anyone had or started a Bear WR in my league. He could use a Brown at WR like the Eagles have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT