ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Changing my mind about NFL MVP

Jul 9, 2015
Thought it may be Drew's year, but nobody will challenge Mahomes. Guy is amazing, and Brees looks to be the Staubach of his era. Would not surprise me to see these 2 locking horns in the Super Bowl. Not sure anyone is stopping KC, unfortunately.

Thought it may be Drew's year, but nobody will challenge Mahomes. Guy is amazing, and Brees looks to be the Staubach of his era. Would not surprise me to see these 2 locking horns in the Super Bowl. Not sure anyone is stopping KC, unfortunately.
Yeah, now that KC beat the Colts, I want to see them tear up the Patriots.

Not me. Go Pats, beat the Chiefs. Hope for Saints vs New England matchup with New Orleans winning so that Drew gets the MVP and shuts the door on Mahomes this year.
Does New England really need to make it into the Super Bowl, again? Sorry, I'm done with ole Belacheat.

Does New England really need to make it into the Super Bowl, again? Sorry, I'm done with ole Belacheat.
Big 10 QB, Brother. If Brady was an ND grad, nobody (unless they graduated from a strong FB school) would complain about NE being there. Besides NE has been good to Purdue grads. Unless I am mistaken, they've never been SB champs without a Boiler.

Reactions: bled1720
Big 10 QB, Brother. If Brady was an ND grad, nobody (unless they graduated from a strong FB school) would complain about NE being there. Besides NE has been good to Purdue grads. Unless I am mistaken, they've never been SB champs without a Boiler.
I don’t care where Brady went to school: if there was a Russian National Football team I would root for them against the Patriots.

Reactions: indyogb
Bring on the Rams next!!

Yes......the Saints left the door a little open with the last drive stalling and missed FG, but the Eagles were game. Two good matchups next week in the conference championship games with the top seeds remaining.

New Orleans Saints host the Los Angeles Rams, and the Kansas City Chiefs host the New England Patriots. If the Chiefs and the Saints keep up the defense, they'll be really tough to beat.

Yes......the Saints left the door a little open with the last drive stalling and missed FG, but the Eagles were game. Two good matchups next week in the conference championship games with the top seeds remaining.

New Orleans Saints host the Los Angeles Rams, and the Kansas City Chiefs host the New England Patriots. If the Chiefs and the Saints keep up the defense, they'll be really tough to beat.
door was open due to some lousy calls vs Saints. Drew gets hit in facemask on a pass and no call, Foles under chin it's flag, some bogus holding calls etc.

Reactions: cinboiler
This is one thing the NFL gets right. Home playoff games. All four home teams won, including a dome team in the snow and an LA team playing in the teens early on the east coast. Higher seeded teams should get an advantage for regular season performance. If the CFP expands, they need to play the first round games as home/away.

Reactions: indyogb and phila
As much as I love Brees, his play over the last month of the regular season sealed it for Mahomes. Rating and completion % are nice, but it's more about TDs and yards along with the flare Mahomes displayed. If Brees got to say 4500 yards and 40 TDS, which is was well on pace for, along with the % record this would be a heck of a lot closer. I'm sure Brees would much rather have another Super Bowl MVP anyway.

I think most people say Brady, Montana, and Manning as the top three QBs all-time, so to beat two of them "head to head" who are in your era would be a nice feather in the cap and possibly vaults him into that conversation. But if he beats Mahomes I'm cool with that too.

Isn't the MVP only a regular season award and already voted on?

Yes, Mahommes has already won it, just hasn't been announced. No I don't have any inside knowledge, but I don't see any way Mohmmes doesn't get it which sucks because obviously I wanted Brees to get it.

Yes, Mahommes has already won it, just hasn't been announced. No I don't have any inside knowledge, but I don't see any way Mohmmes doesn't get it which sucks because obviously I wanted Brees to get it.
Apparently the same media who voted him 1st team all pro also vote for MVP. Drew is HOF. Pulling for the Saints to go all the way.

Apparently the same media who voted him 1st team all pro also vote for MVP. Drew is HOF. Pulling for the Saints to go all the way.

No doubt first ballot, no doubt since my Browns are out I am rooting for Saints...that said I will stick by my Mahommes prediction, but root for Drew to get the MVP, he has had way to good of a career not to have one.

ADVERTISEMENT