OT: A Classy farewell to a fired coach!

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015

Cornhusker Nation

18h ·

An open letter to Scott Frost.
Good evening, Scott
I hope that you are well, at least given the circumstances of today and the news that you were relieved of your head coaching duties here at Nebraska.
Honestly to me, it’s bittersweet. It’s bitter to me because when we heard the news 5 years ago that our Nebraska born and raised, former starting quarterback that led us to a national championship, Scott Frost was coming home to right the ship that was steered so very wrong over the last decade. I was ecstatic, I was fired up, our fans, our booster, our team, our family here in Nebraska was ready in open arms for you. We knew you had some work to do, we knew it was not going to be an easy road. But we felt at the time you were the guy to bring Nebraska back to its glory. You we’re the guy, Scott. If we could have a perfect Cinderella story in the making Scott Frost would come into Nebraska and win the first B1G title and then National Championship to boot.
But, not everything goes to plan, as we all know. First year was a shift change for everyone. Old recruits and players departed, some stuck around from the Mike Riley era to see what would happen. We got very close in games, but we just couldn’t shut the door. Which was perfectly okay at the time! We felt then just another year or two we could see the spark that we’ve been missing. Then year 2 came along and the same thing happened. So close yet so far away. As we know already the 3 following years, we started playing the same old song on the same old Juke box at the dive bar on the outskirts of Lincoln on a Saturday night. We would see flashes of greatness, then we would see the downfall of emotional heartbreaking losses, and eventually when that song got so repetitive and starts skipping. The owner of the bar is eventually going to replace the song with a new one, and today that happened.
Scott, I think it’s safe to say that mostly everyone that’s a Nebraska fan wanted this to work. I certainly did. You have Nebraska blood in you. You know the hard work and dedication, the blood sweat and tears if you would, of what it takes to win in college football. You have been through it yourself. As a coordinator you knew what it took, and in your short stint in UCF you knew what it took. You knew what it took when you played at Stanford, when you transferred back to your home state and won a national title. You hated losing more than you loved winning. You have winner in your blood. Just at this time at this moment, even though you put absolutely everything you had into this you fell short of the expectations and it’s bitter because that’s how it had to end. Leaving the program you wanted to rebuild the new foundation at, build another dynasty, and run the helm for decades. It’s bitter because we are moving on from one of our own.
The reason why it’s sweet is because for the first time in your 5 years of being here you get to breathe, and Nebraska gets to breathe. Not every game is a hot button game anymore. No more media after game conferences of fans and media personnel bashing your every move. The toxicity is now somewhat uplifted for Everyone involved. Even though it’s not what you wanted you get to move on, and Nebraska gets to close a chapter, a very dark chapter, in its storied history. To begin a hopeful new chapter to bring Nebraska, its fans, its players, and its culture back to into a brighter spotlight.
Scott all, and all I want to thank you for trying. For putting it all on your shoulders and trying to right the ship. For pouring your heart and soul into this program. Even though you were let go I hope you never forget that you always be forever a husker. I wish nothing but the best for your family and I hope you find a new spot that will bring you nothing but success. As Trev said it best, It’s time for a fresh face and a new voice here at Nebraska. I think it was best for both parties for you and the Nebraska program to move on from each other, as I hope you find some peace in some calmer waters over the course of the next couple of months.
With all that said I want to thank you for your time, your heart, and dedication to this program.
Till next time, Scott, till next time.

Cornhusker Nation

18h ·

An open letter to Scott Frost.
Good evening, Scott
I hope that you are well, at least given the circumstances of today and the news that you were relieved of your head coaching duties here at Nebraska.
Honestly to me, it’s bittersweet. It’s bitter to me because when we heard the news 5 years ago that our Nebraska born and raised, former starting quarterback that led us to a national championship, Scott Frost was coming home to right the ship that was steered so very wrong over the last decade. I was ecstatic, I was fired up, our fans, our booster, our team, our family here in Nebraska was ready in open arms for you. We knew you had some work to do, we knew it was not going to be an easy road. But we felt at the time you were the guy to bring Nebraska back to its glory. You we’re the guy, Scott. If we could have a perfect Cinderella story in the making Scott Frost would come into Nebraska and win the first B1G title and then National Championship to boot.
But, not everything goes to plan, as we all know. First year was a shift change for everyone. Old recruits and players departed, some stuck around from the Mike Riley era to see what would happen. We got very close in games, but we just couldn’t shut the door. Which was perfectly okay at the time! We felt then just another year or two we could see the spark that we’ve been missing. Then year 2 came along and the same thing happened. So close yet so far away. As we know already the 3 following years, we started playing the same old song on the same old Juke box at the dive bar on the outskirts of Lincoln on a Saturday night. We would see flashes of greatness, then we would see the downfall of emotional heartbreaking losses, and eventually when that song got so repetitive and starts skipping. The owner of the bar is eventually going to replace the song with a new one, and today that happened.
Scott, I think it’s safe to say that mostly everyone that’s a Nebraska fan wanted this to work. I certainly did. You have Nebraska blood in you. You know the hard work and dedication, the blood sweat and tears if you would, of what it takes to win in college football. You have been through it yourself. As a coordinator you knew what it took, and in your short stint in UCF you knew what it took. You knew what it took when you played at Stanford, when you transferred back to your home state and won a national title. You hated losing more than you loved winning. You have winner in your blood. Just at this time at this moment, even though you put absolutely everything you had into this you fell short of the expectations and it’s bitter because that’s how it had to end. Leaving the program you wanted to rebuild the new foundation at, build another dynasty, and run the helm for decades. It’s bitter because we are moving on from one of our own.
The reason why it’s sweet is because for the first time in your 5 years of being here you get to breathe, and Nebraska gets to breathe. Not every game is a hot button game anymore. No more media after game conferences of fans and media personnel bashing your every move. The toxicity is now somewhat uplifted for Everyone involved. Even though it’s not what you wanted you get to move on, and Nebraska gets to close a chapter, a very dark chapter, in its storied history. To begin a hopeful new chapter to bring Nebraska, its fans, its players, and its culture back to into a brighter spotlight.
Scott all, and all I want to thank you for trying. For putting it all on your shoulders and trying to right the ship. For pouring your heart and soul into this program. Even though you were let go I hope you never forget that you always be forever a husker. I wish nothing but the best for your family and I hope you find a new spot that will bring you nothing but success. As Trev said it best, It’s time for a fresh face and a new voice here at Nebraska. I think it was best for both parties for you and the Nebraska program to move on from each other, as I hope you find some peace in some calmer waters over the course of the next couple of months.
With all that said I want to thank you for your time, your heart, and dedication to this program.
Till next time, Scott, till next time.
giphy.gif

Nice. It's important to remember that no one wants to win more than the guys putting it on the line.
Recent developments indicate Frost did not want to win enough to make recruiting calls and show-up to practice on time. His assistants have, evidently, been complaining to the AD for a long time.

Recent developments indicate Frost did not want to win enough to make recruiting calls and show-up to practice on time. His assistants have, evidently, been complaining to the AD for a long time.

Wow, and he gets to walk away with an additional $15 million.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT