ADVERTISEMENT

Oral Roberts - 7'5" Center - Connor Vanover

spoilerdave

All-American
May 29, 2001
Never seen a 7'5" stretch forward. He is only 227 lbs per the school's info page as a Senior.

Just watched him nail a 3 pointer against Duke...

Taller than Edey, but like 80 lbs lighter and not even someone who plays in the paint much from what I can tell.

Hit 33.1% of his three point shots this season, 45 of them went in this season so far! He took over 130 three pointers!

Can't imagine Zach doing that... unlikely they play each other as Duke is handling them pretty well thus far.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
He asked coach Painter if he got 20 rebounds could he shoot threes and Painter said "No" but told him he could wear a headband. Zach wore it for like 1 day in practice and didn't like it. I think we have to be up by quite a bit for Painter to give him the green light on shooting three's

He asked coach Painter if he got 20 rebounds could he shoot threes and Painter said "No" but told him he could wear a headband. Zach wore it for like 1 day in practice and didn't like it. I think we have to be up by quite a bit for Painter to give him the green light on shooting three's
Yep I hear that. Zach is in year 6 of basketball. That three was smooth. If he keeps improving then maybe he has a good nba career. But I think he should stick around another year or two, at Purdue, to work on those skills.

With his stroke from the FT line, there is no reason he couldn't develop a reasonable outside game. His bigger challenge at the next level will be on the defensive end of the court.

Reactions: punaj and bonefish1
If you have Zach and Furst on the floor, I don't think it's unreasonable to let Zach launch a couple 3s a game with Furst being a really goo offensive rebounder and likely contending with a smaller 4 in the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT