ADVERTISEMENT

Only 3 possible outcomes for this situation when the season tips off...good luck mods!!!

Jul 4, 2011
1. The season starts, expectations are exceeded, continuous a** kissing ensues, all posts become unbearable.

2. The season starts, expectations are not met, criticisms ensue, mama bear takes over, all posts become unbearable.

3. The season starts, everyone’s expectations are just met, the ship remains on course and reasonable conversations prevail. (least likely outcome)

I’m hoping discussion now can resolve the issue before the season starts!

1. The season starts, expectations are exceeded, continuous a** kissing ensues, all posts become unbearable.

2. The season starts, expectations are not met, criticisms ensue, mama bear takes over, all posts become unbearable.

3. The season starts, everyone’s expectations are just met, the ship remains on course and reasonable conversations prevail. (least likely outcome)

Where did this drivel come from? Didn’t know your bridge was done being built yet since the season is still about 5 months away.

Reactions: Frankie611

Where did this drivel come from? Didn’t know your bridge was done being built yet since the season is still about 5 months away.

Not referring to team expectations, referring to what’s going to happen on this board based on the current pool of posters....gotta read between the lines JDB...

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
What are your expectations?

I think they're a bubble team without 3 guys that played significant minutes each of the past four seasons (V. Edwards, Haas, Mathias) and another that was a three-year starting guard (Thompson). C. Edwards is gonna need some scoring help from Haarms, Cline, Eastern, and the new guys. Who will be the second leading scorer?

I think they're a bubble team without 3 guys that played significant minutes each of the past four seasons (V. Edwards, Haas, Mathias) and another that was a three-year starting guard (Thompson). C. Edwards is gonna need some scoring help from Haarms, Cline, Eastern, and the new guys. Who will be the second leading scorer?
Stumble out of the gate. Get better as the year goes on. 5th in the B1G. Bubble team. First weekend exit.

Evan B.

Stumble out of the gate. Get better as the year goes on. 5th in the B1G. Bubble team. First weekend exit.

You guys are missing the point, I’ll spell it out...if all the current posters remain, and then regarding how certain players perform compared to each poster’s expectation will determine what kind of sh*t show will occur each night during the season.

Regardless of how the team performs!!! I’m hoping measures will be taken before said shi*tshows start.

Boudreaux or Hunter ... or wheeler .... or maybe sasha ... no .... boudreaux

You guys are missing the point, I’ll spell it out...if all the current posters remain, and then regarding how certain players perform compared to each poster’s expectation will determine what kind of sh*t show will occur each night during the season.

Regardless of how the team performs!!! I’m hoping measures will be taken before said shi*tshows start.
I got the point. I agree that it will go one of those three ways. One of them is more likely than the others imo.

You used the singular form of the word "issue", which I take to mean the civility or lack of civility on this board. Is that correct? You must think this is the only problem we face here, which tends to ignore the troll parade, and the weirdly unbalanced who occasionally post here.

Assuming that is what you meant, then I am not terribly concerned. Those of us who have been on the board in both good times and bad realize that it is not too bad even in the worst days. A rough season, like next year is lined up to be, mean many of the faux fans abandon ship. The trolls show up, but they are easily recognized and disposed of.

Even in a good season, this board is usually okay if the mods rid us of trolls occationally. Rational, realistic thinkers are most predominant on the board, which leads me to think that those are mostly (1) Purdue grads with real interest in the team, and (2) basketball knowledgable who understand you don't win every game.

You used the singular form of the word "issue", which I take to mean the civility or lack of civility on this board. Is that correct? You must think this is the only problem we face here, which tends to ignore the troll parade, and the weirdly unbalanced who occasionally post here.

Assuming that is what you meant, then I am not terribly concerned. Those of us who have been on the board in both good times and bad realize that it is not too bad even in the worst days. A rough season, like next year is lined up to be, mean many of the faux fans abandon ship. The trolls show up, but they are easily recognized and disposed of.

Even in a good season, this board is usually okay if the mods rid us of trolls occationally. Rational, realistic thinkers are most predominant on the board, which leads me to think that those are mostly (1) Purdue grads with real interest in the team, and (2) basketball knowledgable who understand you don't win every game.[/QUOTE

If Mathboy misses it then it’s time to extremely clarify as this issue has been addressed in random posts for months now, but never addressed head on....regardless of what a player does on a given night, some will expect more, some will less....comments may be made regarding that individual...people will take offense, especially if they are parents. This year roles will increase and therefore scrutiny will as well, the board and its mods need to determine if having a parent here is the best thing for not only the board, but Purdue Basketball before it becomes a significant issue. I don’t want this board shut down, but see that as a distinct possibility if things continue....not concerned about trolls, that’s another issue.

It's really not overly negative on here. Go to message boards of any blue-blood or more popular programs and it's definitely worse overall.

So I get it...if we have a great season, beat expectations and I enjoy it and share my positive thoughts....its going to annoy you. Got it. BTW, we're you trying to be passive-aggressive or was that a slip?
HA - awesome post. Congrats

So I get it...if we have a great season, beat expectations and I enjoy it and share my positive thoughts....its going to annoy you. Got it. BTW, we're you trying to be passive-aggressive or was that a slip?

It has nothing to do with the team, or my expectations....no matter what, if a parent is on here when the season starts....REGARDLESS of how the team does, every discussion on here will eventually migrate to that player....it will be a sh*tstorm, every game....that’s my point, not passive, not aggressive...simply what I believe to be a fact. The sh*tstorm will naturally increase with that players role on the team....which will happen this year, versus last.

Missed totally. Took it as a dig at a certain player and poster

Reactions: cjf04
As he said, we're already posting fingers. What's it going to be like when the season starts?

It has nothing to do with the team, or my expectations....no matter what, if a parent is on here when the season starts....REGARDLESS of how the team does, every discussion on here will eventually migrate to that player....it will be a sh*tstorm, every game....that’s my point, not passive, not aggressive...simply what I believe to be a fact. The sh*tstorm will naturally increase with that players role on the team....which will happen this year, versus last.

I'm not sure Edwards will be the leading scorer Nag. If Cline starts and I believe he will, he has the potential to take over that catagory That said, I think the Boilers will have multiple options with Haarms, Cline, Edwards, and even Nojel if he can hit the free throws. He's certainly got the ability to make some noise on both ends of the court. I expect a lot from the red shirt guys like Sasha, and from a couple of the newbies.

Oh....I forgot Beaudreax (sp?) who will help a bunch.

I see PU as 3rd or 4th in the league which should be much stronger, I see them making the Sweet 16 again, and a melt down on this board because that's all they did.

I think this team will be as good or better as last year's team.

Reactions: Purdue85
HA - awesome post. Congrats

I'm not sure Edwards will be the leading scorer Nag. If Cline starts and I believe he will, he has the potential to take over that catagory That said, I think the Boilers will have multiple options with Haarms, Cline, Edwards, and even Nojel if he can hit the free throws. He's certainly got the ability to make some noise on both ends of the court. I expect a lot from the red shirt guys like Sasha, and from a couple of the newbies.

I see PU as 3rd or 4th in the league which should be much stronger, I see them making the Sweet 16 again, and a melt down on this board because that's all they did.

If Cline is the leading scorer, either Carsen is hurt or Cline made an incredIble leap from junior to senior years.

If he does, he’d likely be a first team All B1G selection and with the player Carsen is...it would bode well for Purdue and could mean a lot of wins since another near 20 point scorer would be helpful.

Reactions: Statey and nagemj02

My expectations are not as high for this young team so I won't be as disappointed in them (or Painter and company) if they get that far and then lose.

Last edited:

This board will be the same that it always has been. When we win, then good discussions happen and the board is relatively tolerable.

When we lose, then the 'experts' and trolls come out, which are usually one in the same and complain about everything from not running zone because it would of given us some mythical edge to Painter's haircut distracting the players and he should be fired on the spot and we should bring in some unproven coach because he will save us all!

The one constant is that this board just can't be taken seriously. The only true 'moderation' that happens is the paid members come down off of their mountain top and mingle with us 'peasants' to remind us that the only reason this board exists is because of them.

This board will be the same that it always has been. When we win, then good discussions happen and the board is relatively tolerable.

When we lose, then the 'experts' and trolls come out, which are usually one in the same and complain about everything from not running zone because it would of given us some mythical edge to Painter's haircut distracting the players and he should be fired on the spot and we should bring in some unproven coach because he will save us all!

The one constant is that this board just can't be taken seriously. The only true 'moderation' that happens is the paid members come down off of their mountain top and mingle with us 'peasants' to remind us that the only reason this board exists is because of them.
When we win there will still be discussions that are not good and at times intolerable. That you can count on, though you were careful to say “relatively” ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT