ADVERTISEMENT

One of the Most Incredible VB Games Ever

At least, one of the most incredible that I have watched. Purdue goes to the 5th set with BYU and trails 14-11 (I think) and then ties it up and fights match point after match point and finally wins 18-16. I was yelling so loud I made my granddaughter cry.

Wow, what a game. On to the Elite 8

You are correct. I started to type that and thought, “No, that would be impossible.”

Jena Otec, who did not play well in our loss to Kenticky last year, served two aces during that comeback.

Reactions: DocRon
Doc, it was 14-10 I believe, the odds of them winning at that point had to be 5% tops, that was incredible!
Purdue had previously played 6 matches which went 5 sets (winning 4 of those 6), versus just 1 for BYU heading into this match. I think that helped Purdue a lot at the end.

Reactions: Purdue80 and DocRon
I am still hyperventilating, I yelled so loud my wife thought I was having a heart attack'

WHAT A SET...Go Boilers
My wife left the room to fix lunch. She said she couldn’t take it. She will watch the DVR of it.

Even the color person (former Boiler Val Nichol) on the audio broadcast said she couldn’t talk because she was hyperventilating. She screamed into the microphone with the final winning point.

When you think of the difficulty of overcoming that deficit, there's not too many comparisons to other sports. Even Virginia's miracle win was a one play situation. Purdue had must win points 6 times!! Let's call them the Back from Death's Door Team. May it carry over with Pitt, but protect our hearts.

I love grammer
I love grammer police. Grin.

And FWIW, I don’t see anything wrong with your thread title - I consider myself pretty decent with sentence structure, syntax, etc, so guess I’m missing something?

Thanks for starting all the VB threads - I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the reads and the banter

Reactions: DocRon
*grammar* Doc… lol! 😊

And FWIW, I don’t see anything wrong with your thread title - I consider myself pretty decent with sentence structure, syntax, etc, so guess I’m missing something?

Thanks for starting all the VB threads - I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the reads and the banter
Thanks JeffBoiler. I kept trying to get it right. :)

Reactions: JeffBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT