ADVERTISEMENT

On a positive note we aren’t Northwestern

Just lost at home to Miami of Ohio and lost 9 of last 10
Yet, they sit in a tie atop the B1G- West, ahead of Purdue.

Can't see that lasting obviously, and, tonight's loss was on the heels of last week's to Southern Illinois. They are probably happy that they don't have FAU on the schedule!

Will be interesting to see what kind of pressure, if any, there is on Fitzgerald...especially relative to Collins.

Reactions: BSIT

Can't see that lasting obviously, and, tonight's loss was on the heels of last week's to Southern Illinois. They are probably happy that they don't have FAU on the schedule!

Will be interesting to see what kind of pressure, if any, there is on Fitzgerald...especially relative to Collins.
Gonna take LOTS more than a couple bad seasons to get Fitz fired. I believe I would take Fitz over Brohm. My only 'worry' would be can Fitz open up an offense to fit Purdue?

Gonna take LOTS more than a couple bad seasons to get Fitz fired. I believe I would take Fitz over Brohm. My only 'worry' would be can Fitz open up an offense to fit Purdue?
depends who he would hire as an OC. For example get a guy like Joe Morehead.

Reactions: DAG10
Fitzgerald is clearly a very good coach. He is in a down period but has demonstrated that NW can be a very good program. Given what he has had to work with, he has outperformed Brohm.

I think that NW fans are smart enough to know this. I think that his performance there, as well his long-term ties to the university give him a lot of rope before the axe falls.

I’m a big Fitz fan

Reactions: DAG10
don't care about NW or like alot on here iu, just care about our squad and I'm concerned.
Which is true of everyone...we follow other teams, but, we care about one...and, you absolutely should be concerned based on what we saw last night, as, while it was only a game...it was incredibly concerning for the short-term, and, the long-term given the incredible drop-off from guys that were out to guys that stepped in...and, that does not even account for the guys that were still there in their normal role.

Was as a player, and, am as a person...and, Coach...not sure what the issue is, but, do believe that he can fix it.
Seems like he has been through this before. Has had a string of great years followed by down years

Reactions: Mobes
Was as a player, and, am as a person...and, Coach...not sure what the issue is, but, do believe that he can fix it.
I believe the issue is losing Hankwitz, their DC…2008-2020. He had a pretty impressive resume.

Teams for which Hankwitz has coached have had a winning record in 34 of his 40 years. Ten of those clubs won conference championships and 12 more were league runners-up. Hankwitz has coached in 25 bowl games, including every major New Year's Day bowl game—Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl Classic, Outback Bowl and Capital One Bowl.

Reactions: rgarlitz and DAG10
I believe the issue is losing Hankwitz, their DC…2008-2020. He had a pretty impressive resume.

Teams for which Hankwitz has coached have had a winning record in 34 of his 40 years. Ten of those clubs won conference championships and 12 more were league runners-up. Hankwitz has coached in 25 bowl games, including every major New Year's Day bowl game—Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl Classic, Outback Bowl and Capital One Bowl.

Interesting that he was with Jim Young at Arizona and Purdue.

Reactions: TheGunner

Wait, DC matters? Who knew?!?

ADVERTISEMENT