ADVERTISEMENT

Old and New News

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
In Mike Carmen's article today in the J&C Caitlyn Harper, WAC Player of the Year, visiting Purdue women's basketball, he says Caitlyn Harper a 6'1" post from Cal Baptist is visiting Purdue this weekend starting today 4/22. Last season as a redshirt sophomore she was named WAC Player of the Year averaging 17.8 ppg and 5.9 rpg.

On less happy news he says that Zenia Thomas was expected to sign with Purdue but is now being courted by Kentucky and Arizona State. He also said there is a "good chance" that Terry will return here.

Last edited:
In Mike Carmen's article today in the J&C Caitlyn Harper, WAC Player of the Year, visiting Purdue women's basketball, he says Caitlyn Harper a 6'1" post from Cal Baptist is visiting Purdue this weekend starting today 4/22. Last season as a redshirt sophomore she was named WAC Player of the Year averaging 17.8 ppg and 5.9 rpg.

On less happy news he says that Zenia Thomas was expected to sign with Purdue but is now being courted by Kentucky and Arizona State. He also said there is a "good chance" that Terry will return here.

Cal Baptist is a relatively new D1 school - I believe they recently transferred up from NAIA in 2019 - but CBU has been a WAC power the last couple years. They finished 23-9 this past year but they won the WAC and finished 26-1 last year, only missing out on the NCAA tournament because they weren't eligible due to the NCAA transition process, they did make the 3rd round of the WNIT.

Last edited:
I’m fine with Terry leaving, I think Purdue can do better than her, not a shot at her but she in my opinion is very replaceable. Harper seems like a good get, hope she commits. Guessing Purdue adds 3 players, I’m hoping for Harper, Thomas, and maybe a grad transfer Big that can add depth to the front line. If Terry returns fine but if she finds greener pastures elsewhere than she had here so be it.

I’m fine with Terry leaving, I think Purdue can do better than her, not a shot at her but she in my opinion is very replaceable. Harper seems like a good get, hope she commits. Guessing Purdue adds 3 players, I’m hoping for Harper, Thomas, and maybe a grad transfer Big that can add depth to the front line. If Terry returns fine but if she finds greener pastures elsewhere than she had here so be it.
You keep repeating that prediction even though most of the quality kids in the portal are already committed to another program. Its looking quite unlikely we will add three unless we take a couple lower talented kids just for practice fodder. We will be lucky at this point to add one player capable of playing next season IMHO.

• Haha
Reactions: TC4THREE and DocRon
I understand you—sometimes she turned the ball over so carelessly. And her shooting often was not that good. But she also knows how to run the point and she won two different games for us with her drive & shoot baskets. She also had two triple doubles, no small thing.

I will be happy if she returns and I bet Katie will be also.

Last edited:
I understand you—sometimes she turned the ball over so carelessly. And her shooting often was not that good. But she also knows how to run the point and she won two different game for us with her drive & shoot baskets. She also had two triple doubles, no small thing.

I will be happy if she returns and I bet Katie will be also.
I should have reworded, I should have said whatever she does is fine, she’s a nice player, however, she had a great situation here, if she isn’t happy than go elsewhere. No doubt she’d be welcomed back and helps the team.

Reactions: DocRon
You keep repeating that prediction even though most of the quality kids in the portal are already committed to another program. Its looking quite unlikely we will add three unless we take a couple lower talented kids just for practice fodder. We will be lucky at this point to add one player capable of playing next season IMHO.
Very well could be lesser players Michael. The Sr graduate perhaps comes from a MAC school looking to play her final year at a Purdue.

Terry coming back to me would be a good thing. Yes she's not the best on defense and was loose at times with the ball but she really seems to energize her teammates and has fun playing the game. Which are things I don't think I could say about some of CSVs players.

I did see that Thomas has Purdue in her top five so potentially some hope.

So far no difference makers being pursued or possible commits. Terry isn't a difference maker so to speak but she would be a welcome returnee no doubt. This is still a program that will take a few more years to be really competitive and a viable NCAA tourney team.

Carmin tweeted on Friday that Zennia Thomas is likely out on Purdue, guessing the NIl stuff might be a reason? Is it possible the women are doing shipping as well and seeing Purdue isn’t cutting it?

More likely is the exodus of players from Purdue into the portal than NIL... Women aren't getting paid unless they are promoting themselves heavily, and even some girls at small programs are making that work. Players want to go to stable programs when they have options, and right now we aren't.

More likely is the exodus of players from Purdue into the portal than NIL... Women aren't getting paid unless they are promoting themselves heavily, and even some girls at small programs are making that work. Players want to go to stable programs when they have options, and right now we aren't.
It will be interesting to see what IU transfers Parish and the two other got in regards to NIL money, maybe they didn’t get anything, guessing they did though. Purdue was the leader on Thomas, all of a sudden KY or whoever now probably gets her, wonder if it’s because of NIL? Trust me, I realize it’s probably not a great amount but 10K compared to no money makes a difference.

I doubt UK is her final destination, but we will see. I think she wants a smaller campus than either Purdue or UK

ADVERTISEMENT