ADVERTISEMENT

OK!!! Why was Edey in at the end????

In the interview with Raftery, Matt Painter just said it was personnel driven because Michigan State had gone small - then went big. I guess you get sometimes so locked in that mode - you don't realize it? Maybe an asst. reminds him of the score. That's also the paranoia and Boilerepherine talking too.

In the interview with Raftery, Matt Painter just said it was personnel driven because Michigan State had gone small - then went big. I guess you get sometimes so locked in that mode - you don't realize it? Maybe an asst. reminds him of the score. That's also the paranoia and Boilerepherine talking too.
True. It appears that Painter was just so much into the game he really didn’t consider the score. I don’t think he was trying to run up the score anything like that.

True. It appears that Painter was just so much into the game he really didn’t consider the score. I don’t think he was trying to run up the score anything like that.
Exactly, he’s friends with Izzo, he wasn’t trying to run it up. I think he made an honest mistake, it happens in the heat of the battle.

I questioned it also, but then I remembered Whiney Pants was on the other bench. The refs sure let that last hard foul go from MSU on Zach, so commonsense finally came in.

When you’ve got someone in the running for national player of the year, you don’t sit him out just to be nice. Look what that did for Drew Brees, a runner-up to the immortal Chris Weinke after the latter’s running up numbers that led the nation. Bigger numbers buy more votes.

Those who worry about injuries should stay safe at home with all our 2022 football players who quit the team. They didn’t hurt a thing, unless you count their teammates who got them there.

When you’ve got someone in the running for national player of the year, you don’t sit him out just to be nice. Look what that did for Drew Brees, a runner-up to the immortal Chris Weinke after the latter’s running up numbers that led the nation. Bigger numbers buy more votes.

Those who worry about injuries should stay safe at home with all our 2022 football players who quit the team. They didn’t hurt a thing, unless you count their teammates who got them there.
Florida State also went 11-2 that year, compared to Purdue at 8-3. Brees was hardly sat all year.

Edey should have sat.

When Purdue went up 49-14 in the Bucket game, did Tiller take Brees out?

No, he had him throw a 50 yard post route to Vinny for another touchdown.

I understgand and agree. But the potential for injury at this point in the MSU game was a bit different. And, I underline that is just not Painter's character.

That would’ve been perfect if it had ever happened, but Montrell Lowe’s fourth touchdown run of the game with 9:52 left to play was the last score of the 41-13 Rose Bowl clincher. Drew had just one TD pass in that 2000 finale against the loosiers after getting four plus David Edgerton’s later two in his 52-7 Bucket win as a sophomore and none in the 30-24 win as a junior.

The more the merrier. Scoring 40 beats scoring 38. Especially after getting mugged.

Edey finished just six points over Rick Mount’s career average. Maybe the Rocket should have been yanked much more often to avoid possibly getting hurt … feelings.

Reactions: 02BoilerUp
That would’ve been perfect if it had ever happened, but Montrell Lowe’s fourth touchdown run of the game with 9:52 left to play was the last score of the 41-13 Rose Bowl clincher. Drew had just one TD pass in that 2000 finale against the loosiers after getting four plus David Edgerton’s later two in his 52-7 Bucket win as a sophomore and none in the 30-24 win as a junior.

The more the merrier. Scoring 40 beats scoring 38. Especially after getting mugged.

Edey finished just six points over Rick Mount’s career average. Maybe the Rocket should have been yanked much more often to avoid possibly getting hurt … feelings.
My bad. I was at the game, but had forgotten Edgerton had come in to finish it. He threw a 24 yard TD to Vinny with 58 seconds left to put Purdue up 52-7.

The one reason he did not keep him in was because of “ whiny” Izzo. He and Izzo are friends and respect each other. The whiny Izzo thing is for fans, not coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT