ADVERTISEMENT

OK, think we go after any Wisky recruits?

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
they have a 4 star TE that CUM over at osu has reached out to already and they have a 6'3 300 DT from the same H.S., but realistically maybe Pickard.

images

This post was edited on 12/11 12:18 AM by PaBoiler78

I'd love to have Pickard in the fold. I think he'd be an easy flip now that the future of them continuing to run that 2 TE offense is up in the air.

Originally posted by PaBoiler78:
they have a 4 star TE that CUM over at osu has reached out to already and they have a 6'3 300 DT from the same H.S., but realistically maybe Pickard.

This post was edited on 12/11 12:18 AM by PaBoiler78
Beyond Pickard, probably not really (Hopefully I'm wrong). Most of the Wisconsin will staty committed to Wisconsin, but what may help Purdue is when Michigan finally hires a coach and he's looking to fill his recruiting class, he may look at those kids from outside Wisconsin that are committed there before reaching out to kids committed to other Big Ten schools (like Purdue)

According to Pickard's twitter, he doesn't seem to thrilled about him being lied to, and then informed by another teams staff (was it Purdue that let him know?). He seems like he could be flipped in my opinion.

Originally posted by Travisty13:
According to Pickard's twitter, he doesn't seem to thrilled about him being lied to, and then informed by another teams staff (was it Purdue that let him know?). He seems like he could be flipped in my opinion.
He'd be worth the flip. I think he could be more of an impact player, even as a true FR. than Hikutini. Needs to add some bulk to be the TE type that our coaches want....but what they want IMO is out of character for what we should be doing/running.

who do you think winds up at Mich?
Coach wise or recruit wise?

Coach wise I really don't know. John Clayton has said multiple times that Harbaugh won't leave the NFL and Gruden won't leave the announcers both. Seems like Butch Jones and David Cutcliffe have said no (informally). I thought if Okie State lost to Oklahoma and didn't get a bowl bid they would have hired Mike Gundy already, but winning may have screwed that up.

Les Miles is another interesting candidate who will say "yes" if asked according to SI.

Greg Schiano comes up. He could get them winning, but can he get them back to winning big

Originally posted by pboiler18:

He'd be worth the flip. I think he could be more of an impact player, even as a true FR. than Hikutini. Needs to add some bulk to be the TE type that our coaches want....but what they want IMO is out of character for what we should be doing/running.
Just curious, what should we be running? With the speed from Hunt/Mostert gone, the inability to call decent spread pass plays a la the last few games of 2013, and no TEs for running plays, I have no idea what I expect from the offense going forward.

Seems like we have been through 4 distict offensive systems already, power from 2013, spread from 2013.5, whatever you want to call the start of 2014, and read option in 2014.5

Originally posted by Bullwhip Griffith:

Coach wise I really don't know. John Clayton has said multiple times that Harbaugh won't leave the NFL and Gruden won't leave the announcers both. Seems like Butch Jones and David Cutcliffe have said no (informally). I thought if Okie State lost to Oklahoma and didn't get a bowl bid they would have hired Mike Gundy already, but winning may have screwed that up.

Les Miles is another interesting candidate who will say "yes" if asked according to SI.

Greg Schiano comes up. He could get them winning, but can he get them back to winning big
This was my first impression also. I find it odd that Harbaugh hasnt come out and said 'no' to the job publicly so the university has some clarity there. Anyone else?

Originally posted by boiler17:

This was my first impression also. I find it odd that Harbaugh hasnt come out and said 'no' to the job publicly so the university has some clarity there. Anyone else?
Probably "doesn't want to embrasses" Michigan by turning them down....that's why they have done informal contacts with other coachs...guaging the interest without being told no and the scrutiny that comes with that, because why would someone ever turn down Michigan.

49ers may have some say, they want to trade Harbaugh who has another year on his contract.

Originally posted by pboiler18:

Just curious, what should we be running? With the speed from Hunt/Mostert gone, the inability to call decent spread pass plays a la the last few games of 2013, and no TEs for running plays, I have no idea what I expect from the offense going forward.

Seems like we have been through 4 distict offensive systems already, power from 2013, spread from 2013.5, whatever you want to call the start of 2014, and read option in 2014.5
My guess, and I hate to even say it, will be a move back to a pro set style offense with two TEs. We don't have the speed in the backfield that will allow the read option to work, so use the power runners we will have. It appears they are trying to find a TE that can go to the slot and line up on the line with who they are chasing JuCo wise.

Probably "doesn't want to embrasses" Michigan by turning them down....that's why they have done informal contacts with other coachs...guaging the interest without being told no and the scrutiny that comes with that, because why would someone ever turn down Michigan.

49ers may have some say, they want to trade Harbaugh who has another year on his contract.
Solid take on things. Michigan is waiting so long, and I cant place what they would be waiting for unless it has something to do with the NFL regular season.

Unfortunately, they may be trying to figure out what was is up with the AD gone.

I know their fan base is obnoxious, and towards that point its fun to watch them suck. Ultimately, the big ten is going to be boring until they return to at least top 15 shape. If they can find a big name to go toe to toe with Meyer, I think it does nothing but help the entire conference. The way that beating Alabama forced the SEC to raise their game.

I meant coach wise, I think Mullen would be a great fit, a Pa. guy who may want to get closer to home and out of Starkville. He's done a great job down there in a tough conference while getting the leftovers of SEC recruiting. As far as us, I still want the JC TE even if Pickard would flip to us.

images

Looks like we offered one of their OT recruits today, Dave Moorman, a 3 star 6'5 291 lbs.

Looks like we offered one of their OT recruits today, Dave Moorman, a 3 star 6'5 291 lbs.
Seems so late in the game to be doing that, but hopefully that means they think they have a shot, despite it not appearing so.

lot of good name schools interested in him, had offers only from Wisky, Cincy, and Ill., so I say "why not, we need some good big bodies up front".

images

Solid take on things. Michigan is waiting so long, and I cant place what they would be waiting for unless it has something to do with the NFL regular season.

Unfortunately, they may be trying to figure out what was is up with the AD gone.

I know their fan base is obnoxious, and towards that point its fun to watch them suck. Ultimately, the big ten is going to be boring until they return to at least top 15 shape. If they can find a big name to go toe to toe with Meyer, I think it does nothing but help the entire conference. The way that beating Alabama forced the SEC to raise their game.
all the reports about harbaugh from the national media are not true. the national media doesnt know what he is going on because michigan is dealing with jack harbaugh jims father who is taking care of all this. the temp ad played for bo when jack harbaugh was an assistant coach at michigan. the temp ad is freinds with the harbaugh family. he is plan a,b,c,d at this point. things look good at this point but michigan has a plan if they dont get him but at this point its all harbaugh. alot of coaches are using the michigan coaching search to get pay raises.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT