ADVERTISEMENT

Official Argument Thread

Bob Sienicki

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 2, 2004
Camp Verde, AZ
You know, I've been plenty guilty of arguing a lot both here and over at OGFP over the years. And despite my overblown sense of self importance at such times, somehow I knew all that arguing was pointless.

As in p-o-i-n-t-l-e-s-s, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, like a number of you, I have to admit it's a little frustrating to come online to see a new intriguing thread started up regarding something we're all interested in, just to have to sift through all the arguing to cull out a few tidbits of useful information.

So if you don't mind, I am starting the "Official Argument Thread" hoping that many of you who feel the need will transfer your unrelated opinions from the more targeted threads and freely post them here, ad nauseum.

Or you can take this post for what it is.

/sarc

You know, I've been plenty guilty of arguing a lot both here and over at OGFP over the years. And despite my overblown sense of self importance at such times, somehow I knew all that arguing was pointless.

Anyway, like a number of you, I have to admit it's a little frustrating to come online to see a new intriguing thread started up regarding something we're all interested in, just to have to sift through all the arguing to cull out a few tidbits of useful information.

So if you don't mind, I am starting the "Official Argument Thread" hoping that many of you who feel the need will transfer your unrelated opinions from the more targeted threads and freely post them here, ad nauseum.

/sarc
Damn it, Bob! I don’t find this one bit credible. Stop shilling for Morgan. IU troll. I’m a better Purdue fan than you. Painter needs to make better adjustments. Why do we still not know who the starting QB is? The black seats! We’ll know more tomorrow. MAGA

Reactions: Bob Sienicki

/sarc
We can't have an official argument thread until we establish the credentials to be official and define clearly what an argument is to differentiate between an argument and a disagreement to determine the importance in trying to discern whether it should be official or not?

I think we should approve this in the next three months or just prior to Kennedy's replacement!

I disagree with this thread entirely. I don't know how the OP could come to the conclusion that this type of thread was necessary. Anyone else who thinks this was a good idea is wrong too...

Reactions: Bob Sienicki
I found it less filling!

Tastes Great.....

MX6bDKF.gif

I disagree with this thread entirely. I don't know how the OP could come to the conclusion that this type of thread was necessary. Anyone else who thinks this was a good idea is wrong too...
I could not disagree more - this thread is absolutely necessary so that these silly arguments do not take over a legitimate thread. And, by the way, I am almost never wrong and certainly not in this case.

Well, Iron is in already, steel isn't yet ... not official and not beneficial, yet. where is boiler85????

/sarc
LET'S START A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS IN ALL CAPS.

Need Kesselschmeide to tell us how stupid we are for having an opinion that Matt might not be perfect, and possibly deserves a wee bit of the criticism some give him.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Are we ever going to play zone...….their I said it...Ha Ha
Purdue has played ZONE for sometime. Purdue just initially aligns with an assigned player if the opponent is not pushing the ball enough to prevent desired matchups and then guards people in their areas and helps others in a different area when the ball is not a threat. Purdue many times will not leave their area, but handoff a player that may have an advantage if not handed off or switched as he leaves the previous area. Now, I can show you why Purdue always played man as well. ;)

You old people are always making it harder on us younger lot and don't understand us!

Wait... I need to make sure you can hear me

YOU OLD PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS MAKING IT HARDER ON US YOUNGER LOT AND DON'T UNDERSTAND US! (tic).
I'm waiting for the younger lot to say something worth trying to understand.

Reactions: tjreese
Purdue has played ZONE for sometime. Purdue just initially aligns with an assigned player if the opponent is not pushing the ball enough to prevent desired matchups and then guards people in their areas and helps others in a different area when the ball is not a threat. Purdue many times will not leave their area, but handoff a player that may have an advantage if not handed off or switched as he leaves the previous area. Now, I can show you why Purdue always played man as well. ;)
WRONG THREAD ...

You old people are always making it harder on us younger lot and don't understand us!

Wait... I need to make sure you can hear me

YOU OLD PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS MAKING IT HARDER ON US YOUNGER LOT AND DON'T UNDERSTAND US! (tic).

Information for you to digest. The older I got, the smarter my dad got. You need to be more patient and observant. That is why you don't think old people understand you.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Well how would you know if we do if you don't understand to begin with? It's like the chicken and the egg all over again!
'cuz I am willing to "try" to understand. The egg never tried, the chicken tried her hardest. and eggs are less expensive in a duty free zone defense. so the height of their emotions during reproductive sexual activities leads one to believe that passion is a requisite for being a great player.

Reactions: BoiledSteel
I disagree with all. We are never going to win a NC with out a 5* or zone and with Painter at the helm. My sisters mother in laws friend says so.
That's nonsense! All Purdue has to do is score more points than the opposing team in every game...it has noting to do with 5* or zone. It is all about making baskets and it begins with a stretch 4. All of Matt's good teams had a good stretch fours and that tells us Purdue can't begin to be good without a good stretch 4 every bit as much as modeling predictions predict outside the data whether related to global "things" or the age of things. So a great stretch 4 that is a 5 star while contributing to scoring more points than the opposition may compensate for not playing zone in the pure sense if "unpure" zone in another sense. Course this was at a time that AP history material coverage included years before 1450. That in itself makes this "less filling" and should serve notice about preconceived ideas as a function of how full your stomach is.

Reactions: Inspector100
I disagree with all. We are never going to win a NC with out a 5* or zone and with Painter at the helm. My sisters mother in laws friend says so.
That's nonsense! All Purdue has to do is score more points than the opposing team in every game...it has noting to do with 5* or zone. It is all about making baskets and it begins with a stretch 4. All of Matt's good teams had a good stretch fours and that tells us Purdue can't begin to be good without a good stretch 4 every bit as much as modeling predictions predict outside the data whether related to global "things" or the age of things. So a great stretch 4 that is a 5 star while contributing to scoring more points than the opposition may compensate for not playing zone in the pure sense if "unpure" zone in another sense. Course this was at a time that AP history material coverage included years before 1450. That in itself makes this "less filling" and should serve notice about preconceived ideas as a function of how full your stomach is.
well said

All beer tastes the same and all craft beer drinkers are just repressing their desire to become flower arrangers.
you obviosly have too much flower taste lingering on your tongue. Taste a dogfish head, two hearted, arrogant bastard... but, but, but, you must, prior to, scrub your tongue with your toothbrush .... until it bleeds ... then wait until it stops... then drink at least 16oz of water ...

Reactions: Schnelk
Psycho-babble, all of it! Please let's reserve this thread for real arguments. Like who's a troll and who isn't.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT