ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic anyone with experience with Kodi and firesticks? *nm

was looking to see if I could put in on a usb and put that in a tv, but not sure how to tell if I have a droid TV and certainly didn't want to screw up something. I have ordered two sticks that I should get the last of January and intend to put it on them. Although I'm not a total dummy on some technology I also have not kept up with it either. If you have some insight and would want to share I can give you an email account I essentially don't use so my public listing wouldn't bring me grief. Are you essentially happy with Kodi and is there another app you like? Considered mirroring and have used Chromecast for that for a few years now

I'm not sure what area you need help with. If you don't know how to get up and running there are tons of YouTube videos showing how to side load Kodi on a fire stick. It's pretty easy. Most people use it for the add ons. But I also use it heavily as a means to play the content I have stored on my desktop. It's awesome. I don't know of anything else like it.

I'm not sure what area you need help with. If you don't know how to get up and running there are tons of YouTube videos showing how to side load Kodi on a fire stick. It's pretty easy. Most people use it for the add ons. But I also use it heavily as a means to play the content I have stored on my desktop. It's awesome. I don't know of anything else like it.
thank you. I'll get the stick and remember your experience if I have issues. I thought in the meantime I might try just loading directly into a TV, but youtube isn't very clear. I'll see how it goes in a few weeks. There are two of us in the house with 4 TV's and I want to replace at least 3 boxes and still get some live TV on specific channels. I rarely watch TV outside of news and some Purdue ball...a little Big Ten and Butler. Again thanks...

Cool just let me know if you have specific questions after the sticks arrive. My biggest tip after side loading Kodi on the fire sticks is to use the wizard to automatically load all the best add ons. Again there are tons of YouTube videos showing how to do it. I really only use two ad ons though. Exodus for movies and tv and Sportsdevil for live sports. Exodus is very reliable. Live sports can be hit or miss though.

Reactions: Frankie611
Cool just let me know if you have specific questions after the sticks arrive. My biggest tip after side loading Kodi on the fire sticks is to use the wizard to automatically load all the best add ons. Again there are tons of YouTube videos showing how to do it. I really only use two ad ons though. Exodus for movies and tv and Sportsdevil for live sports. Exodus is very reliable. Live sports can be hit or miss though.
I saw some exodus, but haven't read anything on it. Appreciate your help

I have the Firestick with the Kodi. Exodus is great for movies and Sports Devil for games. One thing I've noticed is I pretty much need to turn all over devices off to not be a drag on bandwidth. I do have about 3 nice addons for you, if you l want them.

Watching pretty new movies and game not televised is pretty sweet! The first Addon I listed does not have a preview but keeps your cache empty and help keep your stick from buffering so much. I love mine.

Reactions: tjreese
I have the Firestick with the Kodi. Exodus is great for movies and Sports Devil for games. One thing I've noticed is I pretty much need to turn all over devices off to not be a drag on bandwidth. I do have about 3 nice addons for you, if you l want them.

Watching pretty new movies and game not televised is pretty sweet! The first Addon I listed does not have a preview but keeps your cache empty and help keep your stick from buffering so much. I love mine.

Thank you so much . Amazon is out right now and projects me getting them at the end of January and so I will try to do it then...assuming my daughter that is due then doesn't change things. ;) I have comcast "blast" and had a SB6141 modem that kept disconnecting me.
Comcast said it was probably due to too few of channels and surfboard not keeping up with firmware. Talked to a guy that said comcast is real close to moving to docsis3.1 and so since I was needing another modem I paid more than ever and got a netgear CM1000 that is overkill at this time to go with my tri band x8 nighthawk router. I use powerline for some things as well. Anyway, I would like to cut as much cable and at least remove a few boxes soon and so I appreciate all teh help from above.

Last edited:
Thank you so much . Amazon is out right now and projects me getting them at the end of January and so I will try to do it then...assuming my daughter that is due then doesn't change things. ;) I have comcast "blast" and had a SB6141 modem that kept disconnecting me.
Comcast said it was probably due to too few of channels and surfboard not keeping up with firmware. Talked to a guy that said comcast is real close to moving to docsis3.1 and so since I was needing another modem I paid more than ever and got a netgear CM1000 that is overkill at this time to go with my tri band x8 nighthawk router. I use powerline for some things as well. Anyway, I would like to cut as much cable and at least remove a few boxes soon and so I appreciate all teh help from above.

Hey, no problem! Another thing I'm getting ready to consider is the M9s Pro TV Box.

As you can see, it also can have the Kodi Addon with it and has a much better processor for a lot less buffering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M9S-PRO-Smart-Android-5-1-Quad-Core-64Bit-WIFI-TV-Box-4K-Streamer-Q5Z9/142047254338?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=aa324a1190be43af82d2e8a5c1c8d4ad&pid=100033&rk=2&rkt=8&sd=122216170226

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291985460938

I'll be getting this and giving it a try as my Brother-in-law is a major techie and has it. Hope all this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: tjreese
Hey, no problem! Another thing I'm getting ready to consider is the M9s Pro TV Box.

As you can see, it also can have the Kodi Addon with it and has a much better processor for a lot less buffering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M9S-PRO-Smart-Android-5-1-Quad-Core-64Bit-WIFI-TV-Box-4K-Streamer-Q5Z9/142047254338?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=aa324a1190be43af82d2e8a5c1c8d4ad&pid=100033&rk=2&rkt=8&sd=122216170226

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291985460938

I'll be getting this and giving it a try as my Brother-in-law is a major techie and has it. Hope all this helps!
going to read all this later. got a few things to do before leaving for the game. I assume this would take the place of the Amazon fire or Amazon firestick? And people would just use this for a little more space and/or power? It would not be as portable, but that isn't a huge thing with me anyway... Thanks again

Reactions: boiler-deuce
ADVERTISEMENT