ADVERTISEMENT

Of the 24 WBB McDonald's All-Americans just announced...

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Not a single one is going to a B1G school. This is one of the prime reasons as to why Purdue is still the only B1G school to win a WBB national championship.

(I mistakenly posted this to the premium Knucklehead board too. I am sure they will answer with "Who Cares". Haha. They are truly knuckleheads when it comes to women sports.)

WBB McDonald’s All-American Recruits

Not a single one is going to a B1G school. This is one of the prime reasons as to why Purdue is still the only B1G school to win a WBB national championship.

(I mistakenly posted this to the premium Knucklehead board too. I am sure they will answer with "Who Cares". Haha. They are truly knuckleheads when it comes to women sports.)

WBB McDonald’s All-American Recruits

It's like CMP says, recruiting isn't choosing/picking. Purdue has much to offer and we'll get good players. But if we want player A and player A doesn't like temperatures below 60 degrees, we probably aren't going to land that player. Or if they prefer a more urban campus. Or if they have ties to another coach/program. Or if another school pays them more (legally or otherwise) than we can. Or if another school offers a major we don't (or is just better in that specific major). Or if their significant other is at another school.

Countless reasons why a recruit might prefer another school other than the coach and their program. If you read the entrance interview for the football player WR Zion Steptoe on this site, he was previously committed to Utah before switching to Purdue. In talking about Utah in this interview, he had nothing but positive things to say about Utah's coaches and his commitment to them but he said when he looked at it, he thought Purdue's system was more friendly for a wide receiver (ie Purdue passes more than Utah does). And that's completely fair. Just like our men's basketball team might have a big man reputation right now that would help them recruit 7-footers but maybe hinder them with certain types of guards who like to create with the ball in their hands.

Based on what we've seen from the wbb team this year, if I'm a great shooter I'd probably be looking hard at Purdue right now because we don't apologize for finding/taking good looks from outside. When the head coach tells you to shoot it before you turn it over, that sounds like an extra-bright green light to me.

ADVERTISEMENT