ADVERTISEMENT

Oath Keepers trial starts today

BuilderBob6

All-American
Jan 27, 2007
North Carolina

Notably, Rhodes and his allies say they had been girding for the possibility that Trump would invoke the Insurrection Act as part of a bid to remain in power, a decision they contend could have permitted them to act as a government-sanctioned militia. This interpretation of the law, they say, further proves that their actions fell short of seditious conspiracy.

Oath Keepers, including Rhodes — who didn’t enter the Capitol but was seen outside rallying his allies amid the chaos — have indicated they took their cues from the former president. His Dec. 18, 2020 tweet urging supporters to come to Washington for a “wild” protest was shared?? among extremists, including some of the Oath Keeper leaders.

Notably, Rhodes and his allies say they had been girding for the possibility that Trump would invoke the Insurrection Act as part of a bid to remain in power, a decision they contend could have permitted them to act as a government-sanctioned militia. This interpretation of the law, they say, further proves that their actions fell short of seditious conspiracy.

Oath Keepers, including Rhodes — who didn’t enter the Capitol but was seen outside rallying his allies amid the chaos — have indicated they took their cues from the former president. His Dec. 18, 2020 tweet urging supporters to come to Washington for a “wild” protest was shared?? among extremists, including some of the Oath Keeper leaders.
If they were dumb enough to believe that Trump was "giving them orders" then they are the minority and deserve what they get. I'm sure there weren't any government insiders pushing them that direction either. I mean that never happens, right?

If they were dumb enough to believe that Trump was "giving them orders" then they are the minority and deserve what they get. I'm sure there weren't any government insiders pushing them that direction either. I mean that never happens, right?
Did it happen or are you just “asking questions”?

You got it right for once. Dumb Trump supporters.

Are you blaming the dumb trump supporters or the insiders you imply were there? Or just anybody but trump?
You could blame law enforcement too. Amrita? If you try hard enough you could find ways to blame illegals and the climate change promoters.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

Are you blaming the dumb trump supporters or the insiders you imply were there? Or just anybody but trump?
You could blame law enforcement too. Amrita? If you try hard enough you could find ways to blame illegals and the climate change promoters.
By the end of this thread, it will be interesting how much Boilermaker03 will twist himself into several knots.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
They were vicious enough to be inspired and motivated by Trump.

Their defense is apparently that they were waiting for Trump to beckon them to help him defend the Capitol via the Insurrection Act. It is a challenging defense at best.

The under oath testimony about Trump, from people that were in the the room with him on January 6th is (generally) that Trump was excited and pleased that the insurrection attempt happened, but not contain testimony that Trump was in communication with the Oath Keepers on that day. Here's a well-written summary from The Hill, which usually grades out as one of the nation's least biased, least editorializing, centrist news sources:

COURT BATTLES

What to know about the Oath Keepers trial​

The trial against Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and four of his associates began on Monday as the Department of Justice (DOJ) seeks to convict them on the rarely used charge of seditious conspiracy in a Washington, D.C., court.
In opening statements, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Nestler told jurors that Rhodes and the Oath Keepers sought to capitalize on the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. “Their goal was to stop by whatever means necessary the lawful transfer of presidential power, including by taking up arms against the United States government,” the attorney said, according to The Associated Press. “They concocted a plan for armed rebellion to shatter a bedrock of American democracy.”

Here’s what to know about the high-stakes trial, which could last several weeks.

Rhodes, four other leaders are charged​

Rhodes, 56, from Granbury, Texas, is a former U.S. Army paratrooper who attended Yale Law School and volunteered on Republican political campaigns before 2009, when he founded the Oath Keepers, a far-right anti-government militia group.

Members of the Oath Keepers joined other supporters of former President Trump who stormed the Capitol in a bid to stop the certification of the 2020 election, the DOJ said in charging documents earlier this year.
The House select committee investigating Jan. 6 revealed over the summer that Rhodes held a secret meeting with Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio in a parking garage the night before the Capitol riots.
Rhodes is also accused of leading Oath Keepers members onto the Capitol grounds and directing followers to meet him in the restricted area.

Eleven Oath Keepers face seditious conspiracy charges, but on trial this week, in addition to Rhodes, are Kelly Meggs, the leader of the Florida chapter of the Oath Keepers; Kenneth Harrelson, who assisted Meggs; Thomas Caldwell, a retired U.S. Navy intelligence officer from Virginia; and Jessica Watkins, the leader of a militia group from Ohio.
Harrelson, Meggs and Watkins are among the Oath Keepers who led a stack formation up the Capitol steps and into the building on Jan. 6, according to the DOJ charges.

Seditious conspiracy charge is rooted in months of alleged planning​

While more than 900 rioters have been charged and hundreds convicted in the Capitol attacks, the DOJ is attempting to convict defendants of a seditious conspiracy charge for the first time in three decades. A seditious conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

The last time the DOJ secured a seditious conspiracy conviction was in 1995, when Egyptian cleric Omar Abdel-Rahman was convicted on the charge for his role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
The DOJ alleges Rhodes began planning to stop the certification of the presidential election in December 2020.
According to charging documents, on Nov. 5, 2020, two days after the presidential election, Rhodes sent a message to followers on Signal that “we aren’t getting through this without a civil war.”

On Nov. 9, the DOJ alleges Rhodes held a conference call with leaders to discuss stopping the presidential transfer of power.
Communications and messaging between leaders — including Meggs, Watkins and Harrelson — involving the use of force to stop Biden’s certification continued through early January, the DOJ says.
Watkins and Meggs allegedly helped coordinate separate teams, weapons and equipment, while Caldwell organized a base of operations for the Oath Keepers at a hotel Arlington, Va., where the DOJ says the group stashed firearms.
Rhodes also spent $7,000 on night-vision equipment and weapon sights and $5,000 on firearms, equipment and ammunition, including a shotgun, according to charging documents.
After the Capitol rioters dispersed, Rhodes and other leaders continued to meet, discussing how they could keep fighting to stop the transfer of power, the Department of Justice says, and Rhodes continued to purchase equipment.
“Patriots entering their own Capitol to send a message to the traitors is NOTHING compared to what’s coming,” Rhodes allegedly wrote on Signal on Jan. 6, 2021, according to the DOJ.

Rhodes is relying on tough defense case​

Rhodes is expected to argue that on Jan. 6, he and the Oath Keepers were awaiting Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act, an 1807 law that authorizes the president to call up an armed militia or the military to quell a domestic rebellion.
The defense will assert that Rhodes cannot be found guilty of seditious conspiracy because the actions he took were in preparation for Trump’s invocation of the law, although the orders never came.
James Lee Bright, an attorney for Rhodes, told The Associated Press the legal defense is an “incredibly complicated defense of theory.”

“I don’t think that it’s ever played out in this fashion in American jurisprudence,” he said.
The defense team faces a high hurdle, as it will have to prove to the jury that Rhodes and the Oath Keepers were there to defend the government and not overthrow it.
The last time the Insurrection Act was used was in 1992, when former President George H.W. Bush invoked it amid deadly rioting in Los Angeles.
The defense team will have to prove why the defendants believed the act was going to be invoked while addressing the DOJ documents showing the Oath Keepers planned for violence to stop the certification of the 2020 election.

These dates TRUMP this one I’m afraid!

Oct 11 = Durham’s court case vs. Danchenko start

Oct 13 = deadline for FBI to produce Seth Rich material

Oct 17 = Elon Musk vs. Twitter court case start

Also here is a link to pResident daughters diary, read it and draw your own conclusions!

marcopolousa.org/ashleybdiarytranscribed.pdf
Nice post, Jordan Sather.

The Seth Rich material? Are we sure that isn't the deadline for the Vince Foster material or the Lindbergh baby? Other than potentially a FOIPA request by someone like you, no one has any idea what you are talking about here - nothing on the docket you wacky wack-job-a-rooni.

The Danchenko trial is exactly what's right about the American justice system; if informants lie they risk prosecution.

The Musk/Twitter takeover is an interesting civil case with big private dollars at stake.

None of them have anything to do with a Seditious Conspiracy by the Oath Keepers to overthrow U.S. democracy, which, as Oath Keepers Leader Rhodes stated (and I quote) was a coordinated effort to ensure “we aren’t getting through this without a civil war.”

I award you the official gif that fits your complete lack of reason, sanity, and patriotism:

foil hat tinfoil kevin GIF by The Tick

Reactions: indy35
I mean, holy crap, even @tjreese, @Riveting-, and EVEN QANON GUY @BSIT haven't dreamed up Seth Rich as part of their off-the page conspiracies.

Geez guys, this new wack-o-doodle-noodle-poodle is outdoing you! You're gonna need to pick up the pace if you don't want to be outshone in the anti-American conspiracy crazy contest!

Some ideas for you to out-nutcase Jordan Sather:
  1. 'Barack Obama' is Kenyan for "not paying library fines!!!" :mad:
  2. JFK Jr. is alive, and sleeping with John McCain o_O
  3. Rosie O'Donnell is secretly Roseanne Barr who is secretly hanging out at a Bar with Elton John who is secretly John Lennon who is secretly George Harrison who is secretly George Michael who is secretly Michael Flynn who knows EVERYTHING! :oops:
Just suggestions; I'm sure your 'innocent questions' will imply even more insidious - wait for it - *shock and horror*- theories! :eek:

Last edited:

Also here is a link to pResident daughters diary, read it and draw your own conclusions!

Another post by your guy, Jordan Sather:

Jordan Sather

@JordanSather
·5d

Exactly two years ago on Sept 28th, 2020, Q posted a link to a video called "This Video Will Get Donald Trump Elected"

Today, Trump retruthed the same video on his Truth Social feeds. Quite the two year delta.
The comms are still flying. Some people have yet to realize that Q is a military intelligence operation that Trump was (is) very much involved with.
They'll get it sooner or later.
h/t @CandlesInTheNight

• Haha
Reactions: TMan92
You seem hyper-excited, almost ecstatic, as if you ramped up your uppers after the cornpopper loss.

I suggest you get help as you appear to be overdoing it.
IU football will calm anyone down. It's been a somber thing for a long, long time.

I am happy that there is a new Q poster for you sweet lil tinfoilhatters to bounce those 'questions with no answers' off of. This new guy wants to know why we haven't seen Seth Rich's laptop. Superfunandcool way to join the conspiratorial question party!

Here's a question for ya;
  • Do you think Michael Flynn or the Pillow Guy know the truth about Seth Rich and is Seth Rich's laptop hidden in the 140,000 hours of FBI video that may reveal that the earth is flat?
Until you give me an answer for that, me, @BSIT , @tjreese , and @rapapathanasiou will continue to believe that the earth is flat and only the maaagical Q can save us from falling off the edge.
  • Almost forgot: Dinosaurs. Real or part of the deep state? :oops:

You seem hyper-excited, almost ecstatic, as if you ramped up your uppers after the cornpopper loss.

I suggest you get help as you appear to be overdoing it.
Living rent free in his mind. Good thing we don’t charge him or he’d be broke

Living rent free in his mind. Good thing we don’t charge him or he’d be broke

You continue to post this criminal as your avatar:

images

But while you're here, there are two questions pending for you:
  • Do you think Michael Flynn or the Pillow Guy know the truth about Seth Rich and is Seth Rich's laptop hidden in the 140,000 hours of FBI video that may reveal that the earth is flat?
  • Dinosaurs. Real or part of the deep state?

An IU fan on a Purdue board posting what you’re posting. Do you have any pride at all? At least your getting likes from the resident Democrat cult member @indy35. You’re doing something right when you get recognition from him. Look up his Reddit account. He goes from coast to coast, state to state posting liberal propaganda. It’s rather funny. He doesn’t know how screwed up in the head he is but his masters demand conformity and his work defending the party behind the keyboard.

True, I'm clogging up QAnon guy's thread.

However, you take exception with me calling out the QAnon supporting guy, but you don't take exception with the QAnon supporting guy?

Your call, sparky, your call.

By the way, your posting handle made me laugh out loud - good stuff. Gov. Kemp is a good man and he is gonna roll in November.

IU football will calm anyone down. It's been a somber thing for a long, long time.

I am happy that there is a new Q poster for you sweet lil tinfoilhatters to bounce those 'questions with no answers' off of. This new guy wants to know why we haven't seen Seth Rich's laptop. Superfunandcool way to join the conspiratorial question party!

Here's a question for ya;
Until you give me an answer for that, me, @BSIT , @tjreese , and @rapapathanasiou will continue to believe that the earth is flat and only the maaagical Q can save us from falling off the edge.
  • Almost forgot: Dinosaurs. Real or part of the deep state? :oops:
It is either too strong on the uppers or a teenager has hacked your account.

Guilty! But caffeine is a happy drug.

Still waiting for you to take a stand on (now at) two QANON guys in this thread.
If they are loyal Boilermaker alums or fans, if they say they not Qanon guys (whatever that means), I believe them.

• Love
Reactions: BSIT

WTF are you blathering about? Yes, there are dumb Trump supporters. The Oath Keepers definitely fit that bill. Do you want a cookie for finding some dumb Trump supporters?

Dumb Trump supporters "wanting" Trump to do something, doesn't mean Trump was close to doing that thing. Nor does it mean that what they tried to do was because Trump wanted them to. No matter how much you keep trying to will it so, it's just not there. Trump did not say the words, in fact he said the opposite multiple times.

I highly suggest you get over Trump before it really does you harm.

They were vicious enough to be inspired and motivated by Trump.

Their defense is apparently that they were waiting for Trump to beckon them to help him defend the Capitol via the Insurrection Act. It is a challenging defense at best.

The under oath testimony about Trump, from people that were in the the room with him on January 6th is (generally) that Trump was excited and pleased that the insurrection attempt happened, but not contain testimony that Trump was in communication with the Oath Keepers on that day. Here's a well-written summary from The Hill, which usually grades out as one of the nation's least biased, least editorializing, centrist news sources:

COURT BATTLES

What to know about the Oath Keepers trial​

The trial against Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and four of his associates began on Monday as the Department of Justice (DOJ) seeks to convict them on the rarely used charge of seditious conspiracy in a Washington, D.C., court.
In opening statements, Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Nestler told jurors that Rhodes and the Oath Keepers sought to capitalize on the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. “Their goal was to stop by whatever means necessary the lawful transfer of presidential power, including by taking up arms against the United States government,” the attorney said, according to The Associated Press. “They concocted a plan for armed rebellion to shatter a bedrock of American democracy.”

Here’s what to know about the high-stakes trial, which could last several weeks.

Rhodes, four other leaders are charged​

Rhodes, 56, from Granbury, Texas, is a former U.S. Army paratrooper who attended Yale Law School and volunteered on Republican political campaigns before 2009, when he founded the Oath Keepers, a far-right anti-government militia group.

Members of the Oath Keepers joined other supporters of former President Trump who stormed the Capitol in a bid to stop the certification of the 2020 election, the DOJ said in charging documents earlier this year.
The House select committee investigating Jan. 6 revealed over the summer that Rhodes held a secret meeting with Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio in a parking garage the night before the Capitol riots.
Rhodes is also accused of leading Oath Keepers members onto the Capitol grounds and directing followers to meet him in the restricted area.

Eleven Oath Keepers face seditious conspiracy charges, but on trial this week, in addition to Rhodes, are Kelly Meggs, the leader of the Florida chapter of the Oath Keepers; Kenneth Harrelson, who assisted Meggs; Thomas Caldwell, a retired U.S. Navy intelligence officer from Virginia; and Jessica Watkins, the leader of a militia group from Ohio.
Harrelson, Meggs and Watkins are among the Oath Keepers who led a stack formation up the Capitol steps and into the building on Jan. 6, according to the DOJ charges.

Seditious conspiracy charge is rooted in months of alleged planning​

While more than 900 rioters have been charged and hundreds convicted in the Capitol attacks, the DOJ is attempting to convict defendants of a seditious conspiracy charge for the first time in three decades. A seditious conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

The last time the DOJ secured a seditious conspiracy conviction was in 1995, when Egyptian cleric Omar Abdel-Rahman was convicted on the charge for his role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
The DOJ alleges Rhodes began planning to stop the certification of the presidential election in December 2020.
According to charging documents, on Nov. 5, 2020, two days after the presidential election, Rhodes sent a message to followers on Signal that “we aren’t getting through this without a civil war.”

On Nov. 9, the DOJ alleges Rhodes held a conference call with leaders to discuss stopping the presidential transfer of power.
Communications and messaging between leaders — including Meggs, Watkins and Harrelson — involving the use of force to stop Biden’s certification continued through early January, the DOJ says.
Watkins and Meggs allegedly helped coordinate separate teams, weapons and equipment, while Caldwell organized a base of operations for the Oath Keepers at a hotel Arlington, Va., where the DOJ says the group stashed firearms.
Rhodes also spent $7,000 on night-vision equipment and weapon sights and $5,000 on firearms, equipment and ammunition, including a shotgun, according to charging documents.
After the Capitol rioters dispersed, Rhodes and other leaders continued to meet, discussing how they could keep fighting to stop the transfer of power, the Department of Justice says, and Rhodes continued to purchase equipment.
“Patriots entering their own Capitol to send a message to the traitors is NOTHING compared to what’s coming,” Rhodes allegedly wrote on Signal on Jan. 6, 2021, according to the DOJ.

Rhodes is relying on tough defense case​

Rhodes is expected to argue that on Jan. 6, he and the Oath Keepers were awaiting Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act, an 1807 law that authorizes the president to call up an armed militia or the military to quell a domestic rebellion.
The defense will assert that Rhodes cannot be found guilty of seditious conspiracy because the actions he took were in preparation for Trump’s invocation of the law, although the orders never came.
James Lee Bright, an attorney for Rhodes, told The Associated Press the legal defense is an “incredibly complicated defense of theory.”

“I don’t think that it’s ever played out in this fashion in American jurisprudence,” he said.
The defense team faces a high hurdle, as it will have to prove to the jury that Rhodes and the Oath Keepers were there to defend the government and not overthrow it.
The last time the Insurrection Act was used was in 1992, when former President George H.W. Bush invoked it amid deadly rioting in Los Angeles.
The defense team will have to prove why the defendants believed the act was going to be invoked while addressing the DOJ documents showing the Oath Keepers planned for violence to stop the certification of the 2020 election.
Sorry, I read your first sentence and it was so dumb that the rest isn't worth reading.

I have to say that the link to the "diary" looks suspicious. The type looks like it was done on a computer and not hand written. The spacing is odd and the letters are just too uniform.

If they are loyal Boilermaker alums or fans, if they say they not Qanon guys (whatever that means), I believe them.
And your post gets another love smooch from the guy with the QAnon avatar.

If a QAnon avatar isn’t “saying it” I’m not sure what would be.

A Purdue alum defending “Purdue QAnon” would be like an IU alum defending Jared from Subway. Well, not quite, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
I have to say that the link to the "diary" looks suspicious. The type looks like it was done on a computer and not hand written. The spacing is odd and the letters are just too uniform.
It was transcribed, this is the only one of the full diary that I have come across. Others have parts but not all of it, but believe what you feel is right! I prefer you don’t believe me and go out and do your own research for yourself!

WTF are you blathering about? Yes, there are dumb Trump supporters. The Oath Keepers definitely fit that bill. Do you want a cookie for finding some dumb Trump supporters?

Dumb Trump supporters "wanting" Trump to do something, doesn't mean Trump was close to doing that thing. Nor does it mean that what they tried to do was because Trump wanted them to. No matter how much you keep trying to will it so, it's just not there. Trump did not say the words, in fact he said the opposite multiple times.

I highly suggest you get over Trump before it really does you harm.
Are they all dumb because they attacked the Capitol or because they believed trump’s lie?

All these people say they believed they were doing what he wanted but because he said “peacefully “ one freakin time, they were all wrong?

Just answer one question if you can. If he wanted them to march peacefully to the Capitol, why did he watch them beat cops, storm and occupy the Capitol for THREE HOURS before calling them off?

Are they all dumb because they attacked the Capitol or because they believed trump’s lie?

All these people say they believed they were doing what he wanted but because he said “peacefully “ one freakin time, they were all wrong?

Just answer one question if you can. If he wanted them to march peacefully to the Capitol, why did he watch them beat cops, storm and occupy the Capitol for THREE HOURS before calling them off?
He was packing all his classified documents and nuke codes. Takes time to direct the movers

At least he actually said peacefully, and it was on Jan 6 when he said it. He NEVER said to attack the Capitol. Get your head around that. I think the fact that the attacks started while Trump was still speaking goes to show that these people acted on their own volition. Otherwise, why weren't they waiting for their "leader" as you want to look at it.

They are all dumb because they thought Trump wanted them to attack the Capitol when he never said to do so. That's why they are dumb.

It wasn't 3 hours. He wasn't done speaking until almost 1:10. Then they had to drive back to the White House. He then tweeted to remain peaceful at 2:38. So at MOST it was an hour and a half. More likely it was just over or under an hour based on the time it took to get to his car and drive back to the White House. Who knows what he knew and didn't know within that time frame. Who knows what all they were and were not paying attention to at during that time. I'm not saying this to absolve him. I'm just saying we don't know. But what we do know is that it wasn't "THREE HOURS".

Now it's your turn. Answer me one question. Why did the powers that be turn away having the National Guard there for extra security when it was widely known that there could be violence?

I mean, they don't accept the National Guard for Jan 6 but they send the National Guard when 50 illegals show up to Martha's Vineyard. Some priorities.

Reactions: Riveting-
Now it's your turn. Answer me one question. Why did the powers that be turn away having the National Guard there for extra security when it was widely known that there could be violence?

I mean, they don't accept the National Guard for Jan 6 but they send the National Guard when 50 illegals show up to Martha's Vineyard. Some priorities.
That is another lie. Pelosi never turned down the National Guard. They don't have any power to deploy them anyhow. That is the responsibility of the president. Either way, when all this went down, Chump didn't care enough about democracy to deploy the National Guard or any other means to stop these MAGGOT deplorables.

• Haha
That is another lie. Pelosi never turned down the National Guard. They don't have any power to deploy them anyhow. That is the responsibility of the president. Either way, when all this went down, Chump didn't care enough about democracy to deploy the National Guard or any other means to stop these MAGGOT deplorables.
Did this startling news you just posted come out in the ongoing show trial, for which it is highly relevant, or did you just make it up on your own as is your custom?

Wrong!

Wrong!

Trump's acting Secretary of Defense at the time said under oath he did not issue any order.

What is actually the truth then? We will never know for sure.
Lol … Kash Patel says stuff to the Epoch Times or the person in charge of the defense under oath (and threat of perjury if he lies) … do i really have to give you a decision chart here?

Reactions: indy35
Wrong!

When you are using a web site that cites the Epoch Times as its news source, and the Epoch Times article uses conclusions from Kash Patel? That is scraping the bottom of the bottom of the sub-barrel. Here's Kash at a book signing:

8bd02d018ed7b23a.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT