ADVERTISEMENT

O need my weekly fix !!!!

or in other words ….. my Spegal update. how did he do this week?

I heard he saved a young child from drowning, immediately after delivering a baby.

then, on Sunday he delivered the sermon at his local church, upon which (and immediately after) gave sight to a blind man.

I heard there was more, but I just wrote it off as rumor and speculation ...

why are you guys so down on this kid ? he just rushed for over 250 yards and 6 TDs in one week.

I'm beginning to believe there is something else besides his football accomplishments that is holding up offers.

why are you guys so down on this kid ? he just rushed for over 250 yards and 6 TDs in one week.

I'm beginning to believe there is something else besides his football accomplishments that is holding up offers.
Because he is slow and undersized.

High school stats are meaningless. His recruitment (or lack thereof) and the discussion of such on this board has shown who truly has no clue what they are posting about.

High school stats are meaningless. His recruitment (or lack thereof) and the discussion of such on this board has shown who truly has no clue what they are posting about.

Don't you like feel good stories ? Neither of the Anthrops were supposed to be that great either. And Cronk was supposedly too slow and never received an offer either.

No I haven't seen him play. However, I doubt anybody here saw King play last year either. You liked him because of what you saw on the internet. What if I told you I was offered an opportunity to be an analysist for one of those internet sports sites? Admittedly I know zip, which makes me believe those internet analysists don't really know much either.

Go Spegal. Gotta love him!

Don't you like feel good stories ? Neither of the Anthrops were supposed to be that great either. And Cronk was supposedly too slow and never received an offer either.

No I haven't seen him play. However, I doubt anybody here saw King play last year either. You liked him because of what you saw on the internet. What if I told you I was offered an opportunity to be an analysist for one of those internet sports sites? Admittedly I know zip, which makes me believe those internet analysists don't really know much either.

1) Feel good stories dont win games. Talented players do.
2) Danny Anthrop had MAC offers and ND was apparently sniffing around as well.
3) I dont where you got your info on Cronk, but he had 2 big ten offers along with MAC offers.

Just stick to admitting you know zip.

1) Feel good stories dont win games. Talented players do.
2) Danny Anthrop had MAC offers and ND was apparently sniffing around as well.
3) I dont where you got your info on Cronk, but he had 2 big ten offers along with MAC offers.

Just stick to admitting you know zip.

I was talking about a Purdue offer . Obviously, he received an IU offer. Nobody goes there as a walk-on. Hazell went to several of his games scouting other players but decided Cronk didn't measure up to his standards. he'd rather recruit those loser juco linemen.

as for knowing zip, you may have missed my sarcasm. I admit I know zip, however, there are many here who talk more than me and know even less.

I was talking about a Purdue offer . Obviously, he received an IU offer. Nobody goes there as a walk-on. Hazell went to several of his games scouting other players but decided Cronk didn't measure up to his standards. he'd rather recruit those loser juco linemen.

as for knowing zip, you may have missed my sarcasm. I admit I know zip, however, there are many here who talk more than me and know even less.
Hazell knew jack and shit about recruiting.

My weekly reminder of why I don't waste time on the free board.
Join us

tenor.gif

Sleeper agent for the Buckeyes. Just one phone call prior to the matchup with the code phrase

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

annnnd BAM! he's tackling our own QB on what would have been the game winning play.

Who is Charlie Spegal?

he's a running back. he's about to break almost every high school record tha t exists, but he has received zero division 1 offers because he is deemed too slow and too small. he's also from a small school and plays poor competition. However, he's played a couple of legit high schools and had a good day.

he's the little engine that could.

He's NOT a Purdue recruiting prospect. Potentially a walk on for some program.

I didn't think some of the other guys we gave offers to were Purdue prospects either, but for some reason we gave them offers, and they waited about 5 seconds looking at their other offers before accepting ours. I could name at least 3-5 commits who are worse.

Reactions: yotheo
I didn't think some of the other guys we gave offers to were Purdue prospects either, but for some reason we gave them offers, and they waited about 5 seconds looking at their other offers before accepting ours. I could name at least 3-5 commits who are worse.

You're absolutely clueless. You can't name 3-5 commits in this Purdue class who are worse. I've seen the kid play and there's a reason he doesn't have a P5 offer, let alone one from Ball State.

Again, you're clueless.

Name them. Dont be coy.

Name them. Dont be coy.

the last time I named names, I was banned for being super critical of high school players as recruits. My stance then was that Purdue should not lower their recruiting search to players who no other BIG 10 school was interested in. My status was reinstated when it was proven I was honest and accurate about how bad those recruits were. . Can we start with the legacy LB when we already have two LBs against our scholarship totals from last year? how about two centers in one class one good one and one bad one?? We flip a an oline guy with zero other Division 1 offers and needs to add 50 pounds and will be a 3 year project?

You asked for this year - that's 3. My post didn't say in one year. Add Allstott's son to that list add the forgotten WR who transferred from ND by way of someplace else. and the punters and kickers we gave scholarships to that only had walk -on offers from other schools. What about that Smart guy? How Smart was that move? there are at least 3-5 players every year that we give offers to that no other school really wanted.

I'll contradict myself to make my point. Sure Spegal doesn't have any other offers. and by my own admission, Purdue shouldn't be interested in him if nobody else is either. But there are many current players on our team who shouldn't have received offers either. if we're going to give them offers, we can't do any worse giving Spegal an offer.

it's not that I really love and want Spegal. it's the opposite. if you guys hate Spegal so much, why aren't you criticizing the other commits who are just as bad ? because you believe brohm obviously must have seen something you didn't ? in some cases , he saw something, no other coach did. it's possible, he can make a mistake.

Last edited:

Not down on him. The discussion just doesn't belong here. He's not being recruited by Purdue and isn't an opponent. Can we just let him go??

he's a running back. he's about to break almost every high school record tha t exists, but he has received zero division 1 offers because he is deemed too slow and too small. he's also from a small school and plays poor competition. However, he's played a couple of legit high schools and had a good day.

he's the little engine that could.
Did you know that Wolegib had a nephew that plays Full back at New Pal? He is going to play DI football, unless he gets an offer to run track.

He is going to break every record ever recorded just ask Uncle Wole.

Oh, in case you didn't know, his nephew's name is Eilrahc Lageps!!!

the last time I named names, I was banned for being super critical of high school players as recruits. My stance then was that Purdue should not lower their recruiting search to players who no other BIG 10 school was interested in. My status was reinstated when it was proven I was honest and accurate about how bad those recruits were. . Can we start with the legacy LB when we already have two LBs against our scholarship totals from last year? how about two centers in one class one good one and one bad one?? We flip a an oline guy with zero other Division 1 offers and needs to add 50 pounds and will be a 3 year project?

You asked for this year - that's 3. My post didn't say in one year. Add Allstott's son to that list add the forgotten WR who transferred from ND by way of someplace else. and the punters and kickers we gave scholarships to that only had walk -on offers from other schools. What about that Smart guy? How Smart was that move? there are at least 3-5 players every year that we give offers to that no other school really wanted.

I'll contradict myself to make my point. Sure Spegal doesn't have any other offers. and by my own admission, Purdue shouldn't be interested in him if nobody else is either. But there are many current players on our team who shouldn't have received offers either. if we're going to give them offers, we can't do any worse giving Spegal an offer.

it's not that I really love and want Spegal. it's the opposite. if you guys hate Spegal so much, why aren't you criticizing the other commits who are just as bad ? because you believe brohm obviously must have seen something you didn't ? in some cases , he saw something, no other coach did. it's possible, he can make a mistake.
I tend to agree with you on this. I saw a player a few times the past two years and was surprised he received an offer. Haven't seen Spegal in person just on tape, but he is probably as good or better than some we have on the current roster.

Did you know that Wolegib had a nephew that plays Full back at New Pal? He is going to play DI football, unless he gets an offer to run track.

He is going to break every record ever recorded just ask Uncle Wole.

Oh, in case you didn't know, his nephew's name is Eilrahc Lageps!!!
I see what you did there!

LOL!

I tend to agree with you on this. I saw a player a few times the past two years and was surprised he received an offer. Haven't seen Spegal in person just on tape, but he is probably as good or better than some we have on the current roster.

He's not better than any scholarship running back on the roster, or any committed in the next class.

So your examples include a linebacker who has 60 tackles so far this year? Holt isn't an All American but he's more than serviceable for what Purdue needed, especially with other injuries at that position. Your other examples include linemen, a position which(especially thanks to the prior staff) is very short on experienced depth. Adding a running back with(at best) walk-on ability at the P5 level does nothing to help remedy that depth issue. I'd take more like the most recent lineman committment before taking spegal. The lineman at least had a MAC offer to his name, something your boy has not yet earned. As I said - clueless.

He is beyond a doubt better than one on the roster currently.

Who would that be? Not walk on(s), scholarship. And if you're referring to Horvath, you're wrong. Plus Horvath came to Purdue a walk on, something spegal could try as well(and he would have my support if he did).

Who would that be? Not walk on(s), scholarship. And if you're referring to Horvath, you're wrong. Plus Horvath came to Purdue a walk on, something spegal could try as well(and he would have my support if he did).
Worship, unfortunately he is injured so I would take a healthy Spegal. Lol

the linebacker I was referring to was a legacy and high school player, not Holt's son. and several of Brohm's commits have already left the program. and one lineman never arrived to any school after he committed. Do the names Washington, fox and kaltenberger ring a bell ??

as for running backs, we seem to have our share of injured ones.

I'm not really in love with Spegal and have never seen him play. But do we really need to sign two centers in the same class ? a linebacker who's relative played at Purdue, and another undersized tackle ? A look at Marks will show gaining weight is not always a given.

We each have our own opinions about who is a great recruit and whom we should ignore , or at least wait it out until the deadline and then offer like we did to those two LBs last year. these are my opinions. I'm of the opinion based on Brohm's recruiting at other positions, and the fact he's stil l extending offers out to other players, that some of the current lower ranked commits may not sign.

Last edited:
the linebacker I was referring to was a legacy and high school player, not Holt's son. and several of Brohm's commits have already left the program. and one lineman never arrived to any school after he committed. Do the names Washington, fox and kaltenberger ring a bell ??

as for running backs, we seem to have our share of injured ones.

I'm not really in love with Spegal and have never seen him play. But do we really need to sign two centers in the same class ? a linebacker who's relative played at Purdue, and another undersized tackle ? A look at Marks will show gaining weight is not always a given.

We each have our own opinions about who is a great recruit and whom we should ignore , or at least wait it out until the deadline and then offer like we did to those two LBs last year. these are my opinions. I'm of the opinion based on Brohm's recruiting at other positions, and the fact he's stil l extending offers out to other players, that some of the current lower ranked commits may not sign.

So to what linebacker are you referring? Hudson? Purdue like any program needs to recruit 4 or more O-linemen per year and develop them, some of whom will play more than one position. Given that there's typically 3(or 4 including the LEO spot) linebackers on the field at any time you need to recruit multiple LBs per year(true of DB, WR, D-line as well). For Purdue (a one back offense) it makes NO sense to add another RB recruit unless that kid is a legitimate D1 talent - spegal isn't. Not sure what your point is regarding Brohm recruits leaving the program - happens at every program in the country. Still not a reason to recruit a kid who's at best a walk on.

Washington !! I thought it was obvious when I said legacy player. Did we really need to recruit 3 inside linebackers in this class?

My point was I can understand not recruiting Spegal because by all of your accounts, he's not a division 1 player. But the same could also be said about several other brohm recruits over the years. if Spegal is beneath our consideration, shouldn't those other players also be beneath our consideration?

and if we're going to recruit and sign players who are beneath us, and not division 1 caliber players, which we have, why not sign Spegal? isn't he just as undeserving as several other players? and if they're never going to play a significant down in their Purdue career, does it really matter what position they play? Do we really need as many Dbs and Wrs as we have? why not have more depth at RB?

When shake ups to recruiting happens, an offer will come thru from a bigger program. I’ll be back to crow about it.:)

Perhaps the preferred walk-on is a good possibility for Spegal. But I never rule a high school player out, because there's so many who physically mature in their late teens.

Speaking of the Anthrops, I was chatting with Jackson after a spring practice last year, and he was quite miffed at having no offers other than Purdue. Kind of amazing when you consider the history of the Anthrops!

"I had no other offers, not even Trine University. Maybe it was because of my family history with Purdue, but that lack of interest was quite surprising to me."

We all love the Anthrops because of their guttiness and loyalty to Purdue!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Perhaps the preferred walk-on is a good possibility for Spegal. But I never rule a high school player out, because there's so many who physically mature in their late teens.

Speaking of the Anthrops, I was chatting with Jackson after a spring practice last year, and he was quite miffed at having no offers other than Purdue. Kind of amazing when you consider the history of the Anthrops!

"I had no other offers, not even Trine University. Maybe it was because of my family history with Purdue, but that lack of interest was quite surprising to me."

We all love the Anthrops because of their guttiness and loyalty to Purdue!
I bet Charlie comes to Purdue,no I won`t bet. He going to BallsState!!

I believe New Pal has won 60+ games in a row. How many undefeated years is that? That surely requires more than one good running back. Their coaches must have developed quite a feeder program with many fundamentally sound players to do that. Averaging over 10 yards per carry and 5 or 6 touchdowns a game is impressive to me. What have you got to lose by giving the young man a chance to see if he can cut it at Purdue? If he is a high character kid, give him a chance. If he can't compete well at this level, he can always transfer.
By the way, I'm curious how Jack Kiser is doing at Notre Dame. Does anyone know?

ADVERTISEMENT