ADVERTISEMENT

NYT op-ed from someone who works for the president.

PurdueFan1

All-American
May 29, 2001
I know, I know....if this person isn’t willing to provide his or her identity then the Trump ball coddlers won’t believe a word, but if true then wow is this country hanging on by a thread.

NYT article

Stand up or shut up... this is cowardly and simply wrong for someone in such a position

I look at it through two lenses:

1. The anonymity of it of course and everything that goes with that, although I don’t doubt that the person who wrote this will eventually be figured out.
2. The actual article itself. If it’s true then mercy.

I’m not sure I would call it cowardly though.

I respectfully disagree. I would think that any senior member of a presidential administration who actually believes in what they are saying and does nothing to protect the country in the open so people can in fact assess who is making the charge and his/her credibility is, imho, a coward.
It is unrealistic for such a person to believe that any anonymous letter will in anyway impact the situation. Does anyone expect such to sway a single Trump supporter to change his/her mind? Does anyone believe that an anonymous letter will lead to change?
Puhleeeze...

I respectfully disagree. I would think that any senior member of a presidential administration who actually believes in what they are saying and does nothing to protect the country in the open so people can in fact assess who is making the charge and his/her credibility is, imho, a coward.
It is unrealistic for such a person to believe that any anonymous letter will in anyway impact the situation. Does anyone expect such to sway a single Trump supporter to change his/her mind? Does anyone believe that an anonymous letter will lead to change?
Puhleeeze...

Actually what it tells me is how dysfunctional the whole lot of them are. The writer mentions invoking the 25th but instead they dodge and deflect and essentially change the subject before he spins out of control. So they are going right along with and adding to the chaos. That’s the cowardly part imo (and yes, this would carry way more clout if a name was attached but I don’t doubt whoever wrote it will quickly be identified).

Puhleeeze...

I think this is a very real and valid point, as posters in the other thread have all but stated if it is anonymous it can't be trusted...so I imagine the reaction to this by anyone on the right will be "More deep state fabrication and obstructionism."

Reactions: 70boiler
If I were a Dem running for a House or Senate seat, I would use this extensively saying "This is exactly why you can't trust any Repub that you elect... They won't protect the country. They won't stand up for what they believe. They are only worried about protecting themselves without regard to the costs and risks."

I think this is a very real and valid point, as posters in the other thread have all but stated if it is anonymous it can't be trusted...so I imagine the reaction to this by anyone on the right will be "More deep state fabrication and obstructionism."
I agree but I don't think it would change the minds of many Trumpers even if a name was attached. The reaction would be the same, this person is disgruntled or has an agenda......or is a Dem or FBI spy......or the reactions you mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: chiefboiler23
I know, I know....if this person isn’t willing to provide his or her identity then the Trump ball coddlers won’t believe a word, but if true then wow is this country hanging on by a thread.

NYT article

So, bad in what way? That a lot of non elected alleged cabinet members and senior staff members are trying to guide America's policy and thwart the person voted in? I agree-pretty bad. That is the closest thing one has seen to treason so far.

Not sure what you or this article are getting at. Unfortunately, a lot of liberals/democrats just crapped their own pillowcase. Why? Because this article all but admits the deep state. The same thing many liberals/democrats vehemently deny exists and dismiss as paranoia. So now Trump is right when he speaks of it? People are so blind in their hatred for him they just added to his credibility. I will be shocked if there is not a tweet in 24 hours where Trump basically says, 'I told you so' and the 'Swamp needs drained'

Agree that this does not put Trump in a good light. Not sure it adds to anything not already known about his behavior. And the opening paragraphs about Trump not being conservative is hardly news. He ran as and is a populist.

NYT article

So, bad in what way? That a lot of non elected alleged cabinet members and senior staff members are trying to guide America's policy and thwart the person voted in? I agree-pretty bad. That is the closest thing one has seen to treason so far.

Not sure what you or this article are getting at. Unfortunately, a lot of liberals/democrats just crapped their own pillowcase. Why? Because this article all but admits the deep state. The same thing many liberals/democrats vehemently deny exists and dismiss as paranoia. So now Trump is right when he speaks of it? People are so blind in their hatred for him they just added to his credibility. I will be shocked if there is not a tweet in 24 hours where Trump basically says, 'I told you so' and the 'Swamp needs drained'

Agree that this does not put Trump in a good light. Not sure it adds to anything not already known about his behavior. And the opening paragraphs about Trump not being conservative is hardly news. He ran as and is a populist.

The deep state. Lol. Good god.

Reactions: atmafola

The deep state....... In his OWN WHITE HOUSE? HIS OWN STAFF? ROFL.

Deflection. But thanks for trying.

Definition of deep state-
a body of people, typically influential members of government agencies or the military, believed to be involved in the secret manipulation or control of government policy.

The Deep State in prior admin would have included FBI Director, CIA Director, high level DoJ lawyers, all have access to WH, so sure. By definition I linked, people of that stature are in WH daily.

So, thanks for trying. Pretty obvious you did not know what the deep state was/is.

a body of people, typically influential members of government agencies or the military, believed to be involved in the secret manipulation or control of government policy.

The Deep State in prior admin would have included FBI Director, CIA Director, high level DoJ lawyers, all have access to WH, so sure. By definition I linked, people of that stature are in WH daily.

So, thanks for trying. Pretty obvious you did not know what the deep state was/is.

There’s crazy, and then there’s Purdue97 crazy. Alex Jones, is that you? Coocoo whackadoo!

You see the deep state is whatever Sean Hannity says it is, or whenever an excuse is needed because there’s no argument to be made that doesn’t make Trump or his administration look awful. There doesn’t have to be any consistency or logic to the deep state or really any argument, that left the Republican Party a long time ago.

Because this article all but admits the deep state. The same thing many liberals/democrats vehemently deny exists and dismiss as paranoia.

trump winning greatly mitigated my fears of the power of the deep state / globalists / illuminati

That is a very good point. Either that or they still have a lot of work to do.

maybe not too much work to do

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: miksta

Oh give me a fvckin break.

People in Kathmandu know what the deep state is because you people talk about it so much. The definition and scope of the deep state is constantly expanding to include anyone in government that Trump or Hannity chooses to blame for Trumps own screwups. So yeah, it's hard to know exactly what the deep state is when you guys keep using it to blame all your conspiracy theories.

You said "This article all but admits the deep state". The writer of the article is a senior Trump admin official. TRUMP ADMIN. Not some leftover CIA or FIB director, not some DOJ lawyer. A senior official, part of the Trump team, hired by Trump or a Trump appointee. This is one of HIS people........and you label them as deep state. LOL.

This is like the Twilight Zone episode where everybody around the main character starts to disappear one by one. Sounds like it's going to come down to Trump, Pence, and Miller......oh, and Rudi. Everyone else.........treasonous, disgruntled employee or Deep State.

Reactions: Bill4411

LOL Go book an appointment at a chiropractor. Look away! Look away!

Also, please understand what treason is. Donald Trump is not a King.

NYT article

Again, just like the Woodward book, it's not news for anyone who isn't a paranoid conspiracy theorist. The op-ed basically confirms exactly what Woodward's book is about. However, the NY Times is saying this came up several days ago - before anyone knew the Woodward stuff would drop. When you start hearing the same thing over and over again, it's probably not made up!

This administration is a shi* show, that's also full of shi*. It's been pretty darn clear from day 1.

Quite frankly, I think it's someone trying to save their ass after this is over and then you'll see Republicans one by one stand up and say "Oh, I was trying to stop it! I hated it all!"

Give me a break. This whole administration is a joke.

NYT article

Again, just like the Woodward book, it's not news for anyone who isn't a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

This administration is a shi* show, that's also full of shi*. It's been pretty darn clear from day 1.

Quite frankly, I think it's someone trying to save their ass after this is over and then you'll see Republicans one by one stand up and say "Oh, I was trying to stop it! I hated it all!"

Give me a break.

Yep. I read it again and just got pissed. Whoever wrote it isn’t some kind of whistleblower. He or she is an enabler, like the rest of them.

Reactions: 70boiler
Yep. I read it again and just got pissed. Whoever wrote it isn’t some kind of whistleblower. He or she is an enabler, like the rest of them.
Still disagree with cowardly?

I think it’s stupid more than anything. I’ll say cowardly not to attach the actual name, but mainly stupid because it’s saying “yeah it’s just a total dumpster fire here, and we all know that, but instead of trying to fix this mess, we just sweep it along by doing things like taking papers off his desk so he doesn’t start WWIII”.

LOL Go book an appointment at a chiropractor. Look away! Look away!

Also, please understand what treason is. Donald Trump is not a King.

LOL, yeah I know he is not King. The only reason I referenced treason was due to Brennan and a number of politician mentioning it, then it was repeated here. Like I said, that article would highlight the closest thing to treason the last few years. Understand when I am making fun of people.

I've seen a number of TV politicos guessing that the author is DNI Dan Coats.

I would be surprised. I do not doubt Coats has issues with the way Trump operates. I think many do. Not sure he is the type that would anonymously pen a letter to NYT.

At least I hope not. I think the four to five people that can go in and talk to the President to settle him down are Coats, Pompeo, Mattis, Pence, and Kelly. I think Ivanka can as well if she decides too. Really do not want to see any of them gone.

Oh give me a fvckin break.

People in Kathmandu know what the deep state is because you people talk about it so much. The definition and scope of the deep state is constantly expanding to include anyone in government that Trump or Hannity chooses to blame for Trumps own screwups. So yeah, it's hard to know exactly what the deep state is when you guys keep using it to blame all your conspiracy theories.

You said "This article all but admits the deep state". The writer of the article is a senior Trump admin official. TRUMP ADMIN. Not some leftover CIA or FIB director, not some DOJ lawyer. A senior official, part of the Trump team, hired by Trump or a Trump appointee. This is one of HIS people........and you label them as deep state. LOL.

This is like the Twilight Zone episode where everybody around the main character starts to disappear one by one. Sounds like it's going to come down to Trump, Pence, and Miller......oh, and Rudi. Everyone else.........treasonous, disgruntled employee or Deep State.

'You people', well this was the first or close to the first time I mentioned it. So not sure what to say.

Maybe it expanded for some, not me. That was always a pretty standard definition. Copy and pasted from an online dictionary even-I did not make it up.

By definition and how it works, a deep state needs high ranking members in a Govt Admin, its military, Justice, Treasury, etc departments to work. Otherwise, the agenda never gets off the ground. A deep state agenda will not work with a number of people that have no real authority and basically are rank and file. Very difficult but not impossible to carry out with mid level type managers.

It is a pretty vague letter in concern with what they/he/she do/does but it does admit going around the President. And this letter, although it does not contain anything unknown about Trump's behavior, is a form of attacking/sabotaging the President. Very common tactic in this area.

And I have always stated that Trump is responsible for his own behavior and actions, nor do I like them.

Maybe I understand a thing or two about this. Only spent 10 years dealing with government stability/instability/civil wars

'You people', well this was the first or close to the first time I mentioned it. So not sure what to say.

Maybe it expanded for some, not me. That was always a pretty standard definition. Copy and pasted from an online dictionary even-I did not make it up.

By definition and how it works, a deep state needs high ranking members in a Govt Admin, its military, Justice, Treasury, etc departments to work. Otherwise, the agenda never gets off the ground. A deep state agenda will not work with a number of people that have no real authority and basically are rank and file. Very difficult but not impossible to carry out with mid level type managers.

It is a pretty vague letter in concern with what they/he/she do/does but it does admit going around the President. And this letter, although it does not contain anything unknown about Trump's behavior, is a form of attacking/sabotaging the President. Very common tactic in this area.

And I have always stated that Trump is responsible for his own behavior and actions, nor do I like them.

Maybe I understand a thing or two about this. Only spent 10 years dealing with government stability/instability/civil wars
So because you were military you understand more about the deep state conspiracy? The issue isn't the what definition of deep state is.........it's that YOU PEOPLE say its occurring across the spectrum of the United States government. There is no proof, no indictments, no convictions.......just continuous accusations intended to defend the president against investigations into his actions.

So tell me.....since you know so much about the deep state........why the hell would this deep stater, buried deep in the Trump admin and in prime position to execute his fiendish plan, risk exposure by sending this op ed to the NY Times? We're going to find out who it is. I mean, he's a senior official, in place, doing his deep state thing......why not just stay silent and keep working to destroy the president? Why risk outing the entire organization?
I hope you weren't in military intelligence.

Reactions: Bill4411
Again, just like the Woodward book, it's not news for anyone who isn't a paranoid conspiracy theorist. The op-ed basically confirms exactly what Woodward's book is about. However, the NY Times is saying this came up several days ago - before anyone knew the Woodward stuff would drop. When you start hearing the same thing over and over again, it's probably not made up!

never ending sour grapes that the clinton machine lost. boo hoo hoo

actually there have been and they have been pointed out on this forum. You just choose what you want to believe.
What are the indictments and convictions with the deep state? I'd love to hear this. Is your proof the Fusion GPS conspiracies? Nothing's come of that and nothing will, it's just the right's attempt to derail the investigation.

Literally written by someone on the Trump staff and STILL the only thing you can come up with is “But Hillary”. Mercy.

Reactions: indy35 and Bruce1

Yes, because nothing screams strength like having people in your administration penning op-eds about how incompetent you are for our allies and enemies to read. It's great for our country that he's running a $hitshow of an administration. I'd take Bush over this any day, don't really care about Hillary even though you're obsessed.

Reactions: indy35
I look at it through two lenses:

1. The anonymity of it of course and everything that goes with that, although I don’t doubt that the person who wrote this will eventually be figured out.
2. The actual article itself. If it’s true then mercy.

I’m not sure I would call it cowardly though.

I would call it cowardly because in my belief the person should resign and go public. That would give him/her much more credibility IMO

Yes, because nothing screams strength like having people in your administration penning op-eds about how incompetent you are for our allies and enemies to read. It's great for our country that he's running a $hitshow of an administration. I'd take Bush over this any day, don't really care about Hillary even though you're obsessed.
gushing over anonymous (aka fake news) sources. keep it coming.

ADVERTISEMENT