ADVERTISEMENT

NW game was exhibit A on why Edey could benefit from staying...

MetMyWifeAtHarrys

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 29, 2011
I love Edey and wish him nothing but success in everything he does in the future re: basketball and beyond.

However, if he keeps lobbing these backwards/sideways passes to no one or the other team due to any sort of surrounding D/chaos, he is in for a rough go at the next level.
The NW kids swarming him are NOWHERE near as quick/strong/athletic as the defensive teeth that will close in on him in the NBA. He has made all sorts of strides, but unnecessary dribbles down low, turnovers, slow decision making, etc will not go well in the pros.

I don't blame him for leaving, but unlike Ivey where in that case Jaden could just run on the court and be athletic and fit in out the gate, Edey cannot just be big for big's sake and prosper...and NBA defenses are MUCH more physical and intense (when they want to be).

Just don't like the weaknesses in his game at this point, and don't think his positives guarantee him being that much of a factor in the League.

I love Edey and wish him nothing but success in everything he does in the future re: basketball and beyond.

However, if he keeps lobbing these backwards/sideways passes to no one or the other team due to any sort of surrounding D/chaos, he is in for a rough go at the next level.
The NW kids swarming him are NOWHERE near as quick/strong/athletic as the defensive teeth that will close in on him in the NBA. He has made all sorts of strides, but unnecessary dribbles down low, turnovers, slow decision making, etc will not go well in the pros.

I don't blame him for leaving, but unlike Ivey where in that case Jaden could just run on the court and be athletic and fit in out the gate, Edey cannot just be big for big's sake and prosper...and NBA defenses are MUCH more physical and intense (when they want to be).

Just don't like the weaknesses in his game at this point, and don't think his positives guarantee him being that much of a factor in the League.
Edey unlike Ivey won’t sniff the first round, maybe not even get drafted. I love the guy but he’s never going to be a first round pick, stay all 4 years and get that NIL money!

You do know that he was whacked across the arm every time he attempted to pass out of the post. That is Collins' strategy.

Given the awful treatment he gets from officials in the B1G, I wouldn't be surprised if he left just to get out of this league.

If our season ends in a mess because lesser talents are allowed and encouraged to mug him on every play he may well leave out of frustration.
Exactly, I'd say that was exhibit A as to why he doesn't come back. It would get old having officials allow players to beat the hell out of you constantly. Might not make the NBA, but can make an awfully good living playing pro ball other places still.

Boilermaker Alliance a few months ago announced an NIl deal with Zach Edey, I got the Email, I imagine they’ve worked that out.
Alliance can get Zach as much funding as needed to keep him if Zach and MP are onboard. The ROI on Zach coming back would be astronomical.

Exactly, I'd say that was exhibit A as to why he doesn't come back. It would get old having officials allow players to beat the hell out of you constantly. Might not make the NBA, but can make an awfully good living playing pro ball other places still.
I'm dating myself, but I remember Shaq's coach at LSU, Dale Brown, commenting publicly in Shaq's junior year that he was going to tell him he needs to go pro because of how officials allowed him to get beat up in games.

I'm dating myself, but I remember Shaq's coach at LSU, Dale Brown, commenting publicly in Shaq's junior year that he was going to tell him he needs to go pro because of how officials allowed him to get beat up in games.
Didn't help, he got the same treatment in the NBA. When you're that big, you're going to be officiated different than someone 6-0 or 6-6.

Yep and the one thing Shaq and Zack had in common is that there's no legal successful way to defend them.

I love the guy...exceeded in certain areas of my expectations! But noticing way too many times when the ball is fed to him, he hesitates to make a basketball move on occasions allowing unnecessary double teams! Take the ball and go up strong immediately! Hesitation is killing him at times.....especially when he tries to pass the ball back out!

I love the guy...exceeded in certain areas of my expectations! But noticing way too many times when the ball is fed to him, he hesitates to make a basketball move on occasions allowing unnecessary double teams! Take the ball and go up strong immediately! Hesitation is killing him at times.....especially when he tries to pass the ball back out!
Yep thinking to much , not automatic....split second difference would change everything ....hopefully Brantley and Company see/know this can work on it ...they are not giving our guards space either playing super tight , whether a shot or feeding g Edey ....that pressure has thrown them off course/rhythm

Reactions: MetMyWifeAtHarrys
ADVERTISEMENT