ADVERTISEMENT

Nuclear secrets found at Mar-lago

Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to ascertain whether he could just say, "oh, I declassified those" and that'd just be the end of it because there'd be no way to prove that he didn't.
He doesn't have the authority to declassify things of that nature on a whim. There's documentation that would go with it. At lower levels (C, S) no one would probably care. SCI? Uh, yeah, lots of people would care. And it will be pretty easy to prove if it was properly declassified or not.

As I've said, the likelihood that it was declassified (appropriately or otherwise) from the SCI level is extremely low given the nature of that information, unless it's at least 25 years old.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Have you idiots not learned anything over the last seven years? Are you all going to run with this based off “anonymous sources” again? Really? If he had documents that were that sensitive to national security, don’t you think this raid would have happened a long time ago? Why would they wait almost 2 years to get such highly classified information? Damn, critical thinking really eludes some of you
Why don't you sit this one out until the pillow salesman gives you some talking points again.

So, even if a president did it at the last possible moment, there would be a record, correct? Or does the mechanism work such that documents could be declassified without anyone else knowing about it? Like, is this Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy or would there necessarily have to be a paper trail that would verify whether or not a particular document was declassified?

14bn.gif

"If Trump is hoping to argue that the top secret nuclear weapons documents were not highly classified because, well, he said so as president before he departed the White House, this isn’t necessarily going to work. “Restricted Data” as defined by the Atomic Energy Act, which includes atomic weapons design information for example, can only be declassified by the designated officials within the Department of Energy, and for good reason. Those materials are so sensitive that their handling must receive the highest levels of care by the government, and not even the president has the power to change that."

Have you idiots not learned anything over the last seven years? Are you all going to run with this based off “anonymous sources” again? Really? If he had documents that were that sensitive to national security, don’t you think this raid would have happened a long time ago? Why would they wait almost 2 years to get such highly classified information?

How much more excuse you need?

If FBI found classified material in Hunter Biden's home, you'd be up in arms and called him a traitor, demanding an explanation and look for everyone who is linked and responsible, instead of giving all these B.S. excuses.

If someone says, "If the material that Hunter Biden took is really sensitive, they wouldn't wait for 2 years to get them back," or, "Everyone knows the FBI is corrupt. So we really don't know if Hunter Biden breaks any law," will you buy these excuses? Or laugh at the naivete?

It's really simple: Do you believe there were classified material at Mar-A-Lago? Yes, or no?

Damn, critical thinking really eludes some of you

Dunning-Kruger effect. The person who is stupid, can't see that he's stupid, but instead calling out others as stupid.

If FBI found classified material in Hunter Biden's home, you'd be up in arms and called him a traitor, demanding an explanation and look for everyone who is linked and responsible, instead of giving all these B.S. excuses.

If someone says, "If the material that Hunter Biden took is really sensitive, they wouldn't wait for 2 years to get them back," or, "Everyone knows the FBI is corrupt. So we really don't know if Hunter Biden breaks any law," will you buy these excuses? Or laugh at the naivete?

It's really simple: Do you believe there were classified material at Mar-A-Lago? Yes, or no?

Dunning-Kruger effect. The person who is stupid, can't see that he's stupid, but instead calling out others as stupid.
How many “anonymous” source stories about Trump have been proven true? Answer that then we can talk.
And you guys continue falling for the same nonsense over and over but yet I’m stupid? Russia Russia Russia!!

"If Trump is hoping to argue that the top secret nuclear weapons documents were not highly classified because, well, he said so as president before he departed the White House, this isn’t necessarily going to work. “Restricted Data” as defined by the Atomic Energy Act, which includes atomic weapons design information for example, can only be declassified by the designated officials within the Department of Energy, and for good reason. Those materials are so sensitive that their handling must receive the highest levels of care by the government, and not even the president has the power to change that."

Yeah, I knew about this. I was curious about the procedures for other levels of classification. Specifically, whether or not he could claim he declassified something, even if he really didn't, and that claim would suffice because no paper trail is required to prove that he actually did it.

Have you idiots not learned anything over the last seven years? Are you all going to run with this based off “anonymous sources” again? Really? If he had documents that were that sensitive to national security, don’t you think this raid would have happened a long time ago? Why would they wait almost 2 years to get such highly classified information? Damn, critical thinking really eludes some of you

If the DOJ knew about them....
when they got the 15 boxes in January, did they just say "It's ok Mr. President, you can keep the others"?

You're assuming DOJ knew the classified documents were there. We don't know that.

There is a report of an insider. Don't know if that's true. But it would explain how DOJ found out about them.

Are you saying the document story is fake? The documents were planted? The documents are not classified? Your argument suggests something along those lines. What is it?

How many “anonymous” source stories about Trump have been proven true? Answer that then we can talk.
And you guys continue falling for the same nonsense over and over but yet I’m stupid? Russia Russia Russia!!

Again, we can skip all your BS and whataboutism with just a simple question:

Do you believe there were classified material at Mar-A-Lago? Yes, or no?

If there were classified material at Mar-A-Lago, then it makes no difference whether one or a hundred "anonymous" source stories were false previously. And to be clear, just because there weren't enough evidence doesn't exonerate him. Mueller made it very clear when he said his investigation didn't exculpate Trump.

If the DOJ knew about them....
when they got the 15 boxes in January, did they just say "It's ok Mr. President, you can keep the others"?

You're assuming DOJ knew the classified documents were there. We don't know that.

There is a report of an insider. Don't know if that's true. But it would explain how DOJ found out about them.

Are you saying the document story is fake? The documents were planted? The documents are not classified? Your argument suggests something along those lines. What is it?
I’m refuting the notion that he had anything relevant to nuclear weapons or codes or whatever nonsense has been put out there. It seems as though there were documents seized, but what those were specifically is yet to be disclosed or known to the public. I just get entertained by all the trump haters getting wet panties over “anonymous sources report Trump stole nuclear secrets to sell to the Saudi’s”. How many times have we seen the dog and pony show fall flat on its face? Too many to keep track of.

Again, we can skip all your BS and whataboutism with just a simple question:

Do you believe there were classified material at Mar-A-Lago? Yes, or no?

If there were classified material at Mar-A-Lago, then it makes no difference whether one or a hundred "anonymous" source stories were false previously. And to be clear, just because there weren't enough evidence doesn't exonerate him. Mueller made it very clear when he said his investigation didn't exculpate Trump.
Umm maybe go back and read the title of this thread. I’m referring to the left’s wet dream that trump stole nuclear codes or whatever is circulating the liberal circle jerks. Yes, it appears documents were taken from his home. As to whether they were classified or not, that’s still to be seen, as the two sides are contradicting one another. The fbi logs indicate some of the documents were classified but Trump and his team are arguing the documents were declassified. This is where the left’s horrible batting average regarding these types of alleged controversies with Trump come into play. And Mueller can say whatever the hell he wants, that’s not evidence of anything and he didn’t prove anything.

I’m refuting the notion that he had anything relevant to nuclear weapons or codes or whatever nonsense has been put out there. It seems as though there were documents seized, but what those were specifically is yet to be disclosed or known to the public. I just get entertained by all the trump haters getting wet panties over “anonymous sources report Trump stole nuclear secrets to sell to the Saudi’s”. How many times have we seen the dog and pony show fall flat on its face? Too many to keep track of.
That's not what you said. You were questioning the legitimacy of the documents......if not their very existence.

I'm sure some there is at least one looney dem on the internet making that accusation, but I haven't seen any in the media saying it or any public officials repeating it. Maybe there is one. But you're making an accusation that isn't even close to a mainstream democratic position.

But there are plenty of elected officials and right wing media saying the FBI should be defunded or destroyed. Lots and lots. How many times have we seen them unconditionally support trump only to be shown wrong? I can think of one big one.

He did it. Nobody planted anything. Nobody set him up. It may have been a simple mistake..........they left the WH in a hurry and this admin was not known for following protocol. Or it could be something more. We will find out. Whether the trump republicans believe it or not is another story. The Bannons and Tuckers of the world will not accept anything that makes trump look guilty or the FBI look innocent. Never. Just like there are dems or pundits that will go too far in their assessment.

Now someone will post a link of some nutjob saying trump was going to sell to the Saudi's, and it won't mean anything.

So, we should trust the police, but not the FBI and DOJ. Got it.

Forfeiting the “party of laws” moniker, I guess.
Well... yes. One has been pretty good for the most part. Not perfect, but hey, who is. The other has been a shit show for quite a while. I mean, the FBI tried to frame MLK. They've been politicized for a long time. Time for a top down makeover.

Correct, if the police are mostly white Christian men in Republican areas, we trust them, and the unarmed black men should do what they're told because cops are good.

The FBI, even under Republican-appointed leadership, is NOT to be trusted because Trump says so.

Puppet.
This is just dumb

Last edited:

This is all predicated on whether or not what is being reported is true. Sorry, but the track record of the FBI doesn't lead one to just believe them. Let alone the track record of "anonymous" sources for the "news".

That's not what you said. You were questioning the legitimacy of the documents......if not their very existence.

I'm sure some there is at least one looney dem on the internet making that accusation, but I haven't seen any in the media saying it or any public officials repeating it. Maybe there is one. But you're making an accusation that isn't even close to a mainstream democratic position.

But there are plenty of elected officials and right wing media saying the FBI should be defunded or destroyed. Lots and lots. How many times have we seen them unconditionally support trump only to be shown wrong? I can think of one big one.

He did it. Nobody planted anything. Nobody set him up. It may have been a simple mistake..........they left the WH in a hurry and this admin was not known for following protocol. Or it could be something more. We will find out. Whether the trump republicans believe it or not is another story. The Bannons and Tuckers of the world will not accept anything that makes trump look guilty or the FBI look innocent. Never. Just like there are dems or pundits that will go too far in their assessment.

Now someone will post a link of some nutjob saying trump was going to sell to the Saudi's, and it won't mean anything.
Please point to where I denied documents were found and taken from Trumps home. I’ll wait

The whole ‘he declassified them’ thing doesn’t mean it’s not potentially a criminal act. If the government says they are military or intelligence documents that could hurt the USA, you can still be guilty of a crime.

Also, if we can agree these are government owned documents (regardless of classification status) and the President has the absolute right to determine classification status … couldn’t Biden say yes they are classified?

Further, just waving a wand and saying they are not classified might not be a great idea, because i believe that kicks in a whole bunch of FOIA potential. Now the NYT, Fox News or whoever can potential sue to see them.

Maybe that's why Jared got two billion dollars from MBS? It makes as much sense as saying he will be an investment advisor for the Saudi's since he has never been in that line of work.

Yeah, but I’m not sure SAP is there. So far all I’ve seen is SCI, which is usually classified more due to the collection methods. Declassifying that stuff on the fly would be reckless (at best) in almost all cases.
It would be interesting to see what documents and information Hillary was hiding on her personal server when she destroyed 30,000 emails.

It’s all part of the process of just throwing a bunch of $hit against the Trump wall in the hope that something sticks. So far, nothing has. But the dems will keep trying.
There will be another one after this.

Please point to where I denied documents were found and taken from Trumps home. I’ll wait
Are you still waiting?

I didn't say that. I said,"That's not what you said. You were questioning the legitimacy of the documents......if not their very existence."

Please post examples of all the mainstream Dems who have said trump took nuclear documents to sell to the Saudis.

Are you still waiting?

I didn't say that. I said,"That's not what you said. You were questioning the legitimacy of the documents......if not their very existence."

Please post examples of all the mainstream Dems who have said trump took nuclear documents to sell to the Saudis.
Then point to where I was “questioning the legitimacy of the documents……if not their very existence”? I want quotes and all!! Don’t forget which thread your in and the title!

Man dumb enough to believe that a pillow salesman would overturn the election is also a bigot. Shocking. 😂😂
A bigot? Please elaborate. So if you liked women and Indy was a woman and I made that comment (which I would) would I still be a bigot? Or are you just playing the victim card?

And not once, did I ever claim Lindell or anyone else was going to overturn the election, moron

Last edited:
A bigot? Please elaborate. So if you liked women and Indy was a woman and I made that comment (which I would) would I still be a bigot? Or are you just playing the victim card?
Yes, but what woman would like him back?

Till there are a few key factors, I won't believe any Democrat (especially schifty Schiff).

1) Handcuffs on Trump
2) Trial
3) Clear cut evidence where chain of control of top secret classified documents were never returned.

Once again, this will never go to trial and there will not be charges. This is just another ploy to show AMERICA how F'd up our democracy is. The Dems will go to any level even when President Biden is hiding his own secrets of his son that has conflicts of interest which should impeach Biden before the 2024 election.

They haven't found anything on Trump yet, but they KNOW, for a fact, that Hillary destroyed over 30,000 emails.
Huh? They found classified documents at his house. And the likelihood that the SCI stuff was “declassified” is remote, at best. Just because Dandy Don says so doesn’t mean he’s right. I doubt he knows the first ****ing thing about declassification protocol.

Huh? They found classified documents at his house. And the likelihood that the SCI stuff was “declassified” is remote, at best. Just because Dandy Don says so doesn’t mean he’s right. I doubt he knows the first ****ing thing about declassification protocol.
You do know that the POTUS has the ability to declassify documents, right?
Do you think Trump consulted with his law team before he removed anything from the WH?

I think the dems are so blinded by rage in trying to pin something on him, they probably didn't think this process through very carefully. (sounds very similar to the whole Russian collusion thingy).

Reactions: BoilerMadness
You do know that the POTUS has the ability to declassify documents, right?
Do you think Trump consulted with his law team before he removed anything from the WH?

I think the dems are so blinded by rage in trying to pin something on him, they probably didn't think this process through very carefully. (sounds very similar to the whole Russian collusion thingy).
Yes, I do, but again, there are protocols and the likelihood that he declassified SCI material is remote. And even if he did, that doesn’t give him blanket permission to take it.

It is far, FAR more likely that they took the material by mistake/carelessness than it is that Donald Trump declassified it properly.

But what do I know? I only had SCI clearance for 22 years (still current) and access for about 4 years out of that time. SCI access is so tightly controlled that it is utterly comical that ignorant people believe Trump having it at Mar A Lago is going to be hand-waved away.

Yes, I do, but again, there are protocols and the likelihood that he declassified SCI material is remote. And even if he did, that doesn’t give him blanket permission to take it.

It is far, FAR more likely that they took the material by mistake/carelessness than it is that Donald Trump declassified it properly.

But what do I know? I only had SCI clearance for 22 years (still current) and access for about 4 years out of that time.
I doubt Trump is that careless, knowing the dems are hiding around every corner waiting for the most minor of slip ups, I think he probably covered his tracks pretty well.
It's like Elmer Fudd trying to catch Bugs Bunny...

Trump probably didn’t hand pack the boxes. Some low level staffer probably did.

I doubt there is anything criminal here.
I’m guessing some lawyer ends up walking the plank here and Trump gets off.

Trump is smart enough to have buffers.

Most legal opinions I’ve seen think the affidavit that went with the warrant had to include a witness or informant. It will be interesting to see who and what the person said. Anybody seen Meadows lately?

I doubt Trump is that careless, knowing the dems are hiding around every corner waiting for the most minor of slip ups, I think he probably covered his tracks pretty well.
It's like Elmer Fudd trying to catch Bugs Bunny...
The trump WH was famously known for their haphazard approach to documentation. Do you not read anything?

It's also widely known the WH exit was chaotic......because he thought he was going to stay.

ADVERTISEMENT