ADVERTISEMENT

now the left loves religion!

4681648.gif

Figure you guys would support the first amendment, but I forget that the correct interpretation of the first amendment really means "freedom of Christian religions... and Judaism, I guess because they seem harmless... oh and Buddhism, because they're cool too." It's OK for a white male to give glory to his God in a speech, but not this woman?

Were you forced to pray to with her, her way, or did you choose to read an article and get offended? I wonder what people take exception with? Maybe, I know its hard to believe, but it's the current warriors of Christ who demand all of us, even Christians who don't agree with them, see religion their way, and only their way, could that be the problem?

There is also a third rail out there who would like to see both of these topics completely separated. This type of argument is one of the main reasons. Check us out. You don't have to wear a bag on your head and you can crank it guilt free.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Figure you guys would support the first amendment, but I forget that the correct interpretation of the first amendment really means "freedom of Christian religions... and Judaism, I guess because they seem harmless... oh and Buddhism, because they're cool too." It's OK for a white male to give glory to his God in a speech, but not this woman?
who said anything about rights captain knee jerk? just pointing out the loads of hypocrisy here. im not religious and give zero ****s about giving glory to god. so nice pathetic strawman.

Reactions: ecouch and Purdue97
Were you forced to pray to with her, her way, or did you choose to read an article and get offended? I wonder what people take exception with? Maybe, I know its hard to believe, but it's the current warriors of Christ who demand all of us, even Christians who don't agree with them, see religion their way, and only their way, could that be the problem?
did i say i was offended? lol. youd be the first butthurt person here if trump gave glory to god for keeping the senate. maybe 2nd behind indy35.

did i say i was offended? lol. youd be the first butthurt person here if trump gave glory to god for keeping the senate. maybe 2nd behind indy35.
Really don’t care at all if someone is religious, but if they use religion to discriminate or beat up on other people that’s different. I think you’re once again talking out of your ass.

Pretty sure you would not have said a word if a Christian Democrat thanked God for winning the election.
Maybe some of these Muslims in the public light, will step forward and ridicule the violence, by some radicles, being carried out in the name of their God.
Don't hold your breath.

Reactions: Purdue97
Maybe some of these Muslims in the public light, will step forward and ridicule the violence, by some radicles, being carried out in the name of their God.
Don't hold your breath.
They do very frequently. Did you read that they don’t in the same place that you read that Kaepernick called for killing cops?

^^^^^The point, hypocrisy, and irony escaped this one ^^^^^

Reactions: ecouch
Did it? What was the point? That they cheered a minority religion while not cheering Christianity? That you guys think Democrats are all atheists? Tell me. You guys post inane crap and never bother taking a stand. You just post it and keep your actual thoughts to yourselves. Take a stand.

Reactions: TheCainer and Mobes
They do very frequently. Did you read that they don’t in the same place that you read that Kaepernick called for killing cops?
I haven't heard any elected Muslim denounce the radical minority in their faith. I have heard a few Muslims denounce it but not any elected official.
Your love for the POS Kaepernick is really confusing to me.

I haven't heard any elected Muslim denounce the radical minority in their faith. I have heard a few Muslims denounce it but not any elected official.
I really don’t care about Kaepernick, I’m just smart enough to realize that the right wing uses him to sell a bunch of bs to their gullible supporters like you.

Reactions: TheCainer
Did it? What was the point? That they cheered a minority religion while not cheering Christianity? That you guys think Democrats are all atheists? Tell me. You guys post inane crap and never bother taking a stand. You just post it and keep your actual thoughts to yourselves. Take a stand.
im taking a stand. the libs are the biggest hypocrites. the most oppressive religion on the planet touting antisemitism, inequality and downright mysogyny, hate towards lgbt, and a convert or die mentality is met with applause from "liberals". you dont know the meaning of the word!

Last edited:

The short answer-

Yahoo(that is a yahoo link), is basically msnbc, maybe msnbc lite at best. Lot of HuffPost articles on their front page constantly. Constantly write op eds on how Israel and Judaism and Christianity are way to involved in politics. General support and coverage for atheist lawsuits that want to remove religous symbols from government buildings, In God We Trust phrase, and how religions should not be involved in politics. Write articles that praise students for not standing for the pledge.

Now all of a sudden they write a very positive article in regard to Islam being involved in US political acceptance speech and a new congress woman celebrating her heritage. Therefore, the point, hypocrisy, and irony escaped you. In short it is the media/left that should be including all of the religions you cited in your initial post.

The longer answer-

On occasion I agree with them(yahoo articles/links), it is more common I see their point, even more common than that it is the equivalent of comics.

Liberals like to go after Trump as being bigoted, racist, anti certain religions, anti immigration for certain groups, but at the same time try to defend Feinstein and this letter:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fe...-2014-to-use-broad-power-to-limit-immigration

Currently they report in a positive light the Muslim starting her acceptance speech praising Allah.

Now somehow you post that I am the one that posts inane crap and need to take a stand. Nice try. You are a bit confused on who needs to take a stand. The OP simply was making fun of the left and the media on the matter. Legit point. They happen to move whatever way the wind happens to be blowing them that day.

I am not religous, try to be a good person. Believe in freedom of religion as long as it not used to incite violence/war. Nothing new there, been that way for decades. As long as the congress women has an allegiance to the USA and swears to it, do not have an issue. Depending on her denomination of Islam that might be an issue.

Reactions: boilerjohn
I really don’t care about Kaepernick, I’m just smart enough to realize that the right wing uses him to sell a bunch of bs to their gullible supporters like you.

Oh let me edit this

"I really don’t care about Kaepernick, I’m just smart enough to realize that the right wing uses him to sell a bunch of bs to their gullible supporters like you."

to

I really don't care about Kaepernick, I’m just smart enough to realize that NIKE uses him to sell a bunch of bs to gullible millenials, that in turn buy marked up athletic gear made in sweatshops to make a point on social justice.

Nails it.

Reactions: indy35
You are obviously deaf.

As though you should speak.

smh

I've given you a lot of leeway over the years given your military background. Evidently that has been one of my biggest mistakes. You are apparently bigoted against those who support the rights of those who stand up against the Zionist positions.

Oh let me edit this

"I really don’t care about Kaepernick, I’m just smart enough to realize that the right wing uses him to sell a bunch of bs to their gullible supporters like you."

to

I really don't care about Kaepernick, I’m just smart enough to realize that NIKE uses him to sell a bunch of bs to gullible millenials, that in turn buy marked up athletic gear made in sweatshops to make a point on social justice.
Another RW conspiracy theorist exposed.

Great.

The short answer-

Yahoo(that is a yahoo link), is basically msnbc, maybe msnbc lite at best. Lot of HuffPost articles on their front page constantly. Constantly write op eds on how Israel and Judaism and Christianity are way to involved in politics. General support and coverage for atheist lawsuits that want to remove religous symbols from government buildings, In God We Trust phrase, and how religions should not be involved in politics. Write articles that praise students for not standing for the pledge.

Now all of a sudden they write a very positive article in regard to Islam being involved in US political acceptance speech and a new congress woman celebrating her heritage. Therefore, the point, hypocrisy, and irony escaped you. In short it is the media/left that should be including all of the religions you cited in your initial post.

The longer answer-

On occasion I agree with them(yahoo articles/links), it is more common I see their point, even more common than that it is the equivalent of comics.

Liberals like to go after Trump as being bigoted, racist, anti certain religions, anti immigration for certain groups, but at the same time try to defend Feinstein and this letter:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fe...-2014-to-use-broad-power-to-limit-immigration

Currently they report in a positive light the Muslim starting her acceptance speech praising Allah.

Now somehow you post that I am the one that posts inane crap and need to take a stand. Nice try. You are a bit confused on who needs to take a stand. The OP simply was making fun of the left and the media on the matter. Legit point. They happen to move whatever way the wind happens to be blowing them that day.

I am not religous, try to be a good person. Believe in freedom of religion as long as it not used to incite violence/war. Nothing new there, been that way for decades. As long as the congress women has an allegiance to the USA and swears to it, do not have an issue. Depending on her denomination of Islam that might be an issue.
Is that how you guys love Trump so much, reality is whatever you want to make it? When you have no stable morals, no demand for truth, you’ll follow someone like Trump?

Another RW conspiracy theorist exposed.

Great.
remember... obama was not born here, and he is muslim. the plan is to infiltrate the system and change to sharia law.

this republican knows....
"Washington state lawmaker Matt Shea defends advocacy for ‘Holy Army’ as Spokane sheriff refers his writings to FBI"

In a video posted Wednesday, Shea argues that the United States is “a Christian nation” and asserts that his detractors are part of a so-called “counter state” made up of “Marxists” and “Islamists.”

//www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/state-lawmaker-matt-shea-defends-advocacy-for-holy-army-as-spokane-sheriff-refers-his-writings-to-fbi/

Yes, I’m sure you listen to what a lot of Muslim elected officials have to say.

The short answer-

The longer answer-

“Depending on her denomination...” what? Islamic beliefs with regards to where God lies in the chop chain are the same as Christianity’s. Or do you mean she can’t swear allegiance to the US because she’s a closet Al Qaeda member? She has to take an oath of office, so that should assuage your concerns.

This post just dances around the issue talking about media. But you got to the real issue in your last paragraph, so I applaud you for being strong enough to post your true feelings there instead of continuing the tap dance. Do you also question white Christian men who invoke God? Are you concerned that they swear allegiance to the country, or do you consider implicit because they are white and Christian?

im taking a stand. the libs are the biggest hypocrites. the most oppressive religion on the planet touting antisemitism, inequality and downright mysogyny, hate towards lgbt, and a convert or die mentality is met with applause from "liberals". you dont know the meaning of the word!
Huh. The broad majority of hate crimes against LGBT are committed by Christians. And since when did that become a conservative measuring stick? Convenient. Convert or die? Really? You need some education. ISIS is not Islam any more than the KKK is Christianity.

As though you should speak.

smh

I've given you a lot of leeway over the years given your military background. Evidently that has been one of my biggest mistakes. You are apparently bigoted against those who support the rights of those who stand up against the Zionist positions.

Take your leeway and shove it. Do not need it or ask for it.

Simple point was OP was taking a jab at the left/media for suddenly now clamoring to religion. Did not look at it as anything more or less. And yes, I think it is well deserved.

The Zionist positions largely are due to what they believe is survival. My wild guess there it comes from their history and current situation. I respect that. I sincerely hope that this Muslim Congress woman respects that too. Your post indicates otherwise.

Reality is, any combat arms vet has done more for basic human rights of mainstream Muslims in war torn and impoverished areas than any other demographic out there. Protection, healthcare, food, water-all provided. Many went and did it more than once, and re-enlisted to do it again.

So yeah, bigoted-GTFOH

“Depending on her denomination...” what? Islamic beliefs with regards to where God lies in the chop chain are the same as Christianity’s. Or do you mean she can’t swear allegiance to the US because she’s a closet Al Qaeda member? She has to take an oath of office, so that should assuage your concerns.

This post just dances around the issue talking about media. But you got to the real issue in your last paragraph, so I applaud you for being strong enough to post your true feelings there instead of continuing the tap dance. Do you also question white Christian men who invoke God? Are you concerned that they swear allegiance to the country, or do you consider implicit because they are white and Christian?

As for the denomination-

I am not going to teach a class in Islam but the short version:

One has shiite, sunni, as the main denominations. Inside those there are salafists. Yet others believe inside both denominations of rule under one caliphate for the world. Some take certain passages of Qoran more literally than others. In that way it us a lit like Christianity. Will say probably 80% of Muslims are likely the most hospitable in the world. I have no idea what she believes, do not really care, unless like I said it incites violence or impacts her oath.

That post did not dance around shit. The left/media deserves to be called out for their blowing in the wind stance on religion. That is what the OP did, nothing more or less, and that was fine. I provided more examples and explained yahoo. You and others twisted it 100 different ways. And now that there is no defense of their actions, the OP is twisted more, deflected, and somehow put blame on others.

You say the post dances around issue talking about media/left. Uh, you do realize that is what OP was about. Not what you all twisted it into.

As for your leap about white christian men-do they belong to hate groups or groups that incited violence?

Have a nice Veterans Day

Huh. The broad majority of hate crimes against LGBT are committed by Christians. And since when did that become a conservative measuring stick? Convenient. Convert or die? Really? You need some education. ISIS is not Islam any more than the KKK is Christianity.
Your straw men need updating. I'm not conservative or christian. And just because the US keeps exceptional criminal statistics does not make "christians" the leader. Once again, you can address the ACTUAL bullshit of the main stream media or pretend your "old white male christian" whatever straw men mean a thing.

Your straw men need updating. I'm not conservative or christian. And just because the US keeps exceptional criminal statistics does not make "christians" the leader. Once again, you can address the ACTUAL bullshit of the main stream media or pretend your "old white male christian" whatever straw men mean a thing.
Being embarrassed to be associated with the conservatives of the modern day and so call yourself "independent" doesn't mean much when you support all of their words and actions without any scrutiny.

Interesting. You didn't make it at all clear what the OP was about. I interpreted it as you were appalled by their applause as she celebrated her victory in Arabic, not that Yahoo! wrote an article about it. But that's what you get when you post a link and say "Now the left loves religion... what an about face!" You said nothing about the media, only "the left". Unlike you Trumpkins (yes, you TSB, because you're as "independent" as Bill O'Reilly), I don't equate every single media outlet with "the left".

As for the denomination-

I am not going to teach a class in Islam but the short version:

One has shiite, sunni, as the main denominations. Inside those there are salafists. Yet others believe inside both denominations of rule under one caliphate for the world. Some take certain passages of Qoran more literally than others. In that way it us a lit like Christianity. Will say probably 80% of Muslims are likely the most hospitable in the world. I have no idea what she believes, do not really care, unless like I said it incites violence or impacts her oath.

That post did not dance around shit. The left/media deserves to be called out for their blowing in the wind stance on religion. That is what the OP did, nothing more or less, and that was fine. I provided more examples and explained yahoo. You and others twisted it 100 different ways. And now that there is no defense of their actions, the OP is twisted more, deflected, and somehow put blame on others.

You say the post dances around issue talking about media/left. Uh, you do realize that is what OP was about. Not what you all twisted it into.

As for your leap about white christian men-do they belong to hate groups or groups that incited violence?

Have a nice Veterans Day
You apparently thought she would be unable to "pledge allegiance" to a nation state other than the Islamic caliphate... which doesn't exist... and isn't called for specifically in the Quran except in the interpretations bandied about by AQ, Al Islamiyya, ISIS, and other radical Islamist groups. Unless she's a part of those, she has no problem as a Muslim swearing allegiance to the United States or Djibouti. That's not a "denomination" "thing".

And again "media/left" being used interchangeably is the issue I have with all of these posts. Straight Trump doctrine 101 from yet another "independent".

Reactions: TheCainer
You apparently thought she would be unable to "pledge allegiance" to a nation state other than the Islamic caliphate... which doesn't exist... and isn't called for specifically in the Quran except in the interpretations bandied about by AQ, Al Islamiyya, ISIS, and other radical Islamist groups. Unless she's a part of those, she has no problem as a Muslim swearing allegiance to the United States or Djibouti. That's not a "denomination" "thing".

And again "media/left" being used interchangeably is the issue I have with all of these posts. Straight Trump doctrine 101 from yet another "independent".

Well, where to start-

Ok, call it denomination, sect, branch, school, order-whatever one wants to call it. Conservatively there are 20. Like Christianity, all at least slightly different, some a complete 180 from each other. Bottom line the different denominations are there in Islam. Not going to even bother arguing that. Spent plenty of time in military prep classes, at Langley learning differences. And roughly six years living in the cultures and countries that practice Islam and learned/was taught differences then first hand. Depending on where one is at and who is with, one had better know, appreciate, and respect the differences.

I have no idea what Navy teaches or your knowledge of Islam. I will say that my experience with Navy is limited to SEALS, dog handlers, EOD, and their patrol boat crews. Great guys but not the most knowledegable when it comes to Islam. Not saying that as I thought they were anti-Islam or bigoted. Just that they did not know much and did not seem to care to learn.

I have no idea if her pledge was an issue for her or not. Get a reporter to be not politically correct, ask her, so she could give her viewpoints on it. Would be a great learning tool.

I know many Muslims, that are very good people, that simply due to their beliefs, could/would not pledge, or pledge in good faith, to the US. Does not make them bad people or even wrong. That includes some that live here as well as others that fought by our side.

Since you and others seemed to deviate a lot from the OP and make it a bias against a religion deal I will deviate some myself. I am more concerned about the recent lynching comment from MS Senate candidate, the environmental background of Siniema from AZ, and the nonsense going on down in Broward county rather than the MN congress woman.

Also, funny some on here have gone ape sh-- about Russia allegedly being involved in rigging outcome of election and helping Trump, but not concerned with Broward and GA at all. So much for integrity of election and following election/campaign law that many here spewed.

As far as the media/left being used interchangeably I can say I used/believed that well before Trump was on the political seen. That interchangeability is at least 15 years old. As far as mainstream news, except for FOX, it is pretty far left. For one to call that Straight Trump Indoctrination 101 implies he is the one that started that. That is downright laughable that someone thinks that.

The proclaimed center of the group, CNN, was caught forwarding debate questions to the candidate they wanted to win, had debate moderators interject on behalf of Obama, sends reporters to WH that think it is their job to debate President during news conference, attack him 24/7, and accused Bush of stealing election even though SCOTUS made ruling. It goes on and on. Sorry, not sorry if that reality bothers some.

Reactions: ecouch and SKYDOG
Interesting. You didn't make it at all clear what the OP was about. I interpreted it as you were appalled by their applause as she celebrated her victory in Arabic, not that Yahoo! wrote an article about it. But that's what you get when you post a link and say "Now the left loves religion... what an about face!" You said nothing about the media, only "the left". Unlike you Trumpkins (yes, you TSB, because you're as "independent" as Bill O'Reilly), I don't equate every single media outlet with "the left".
coming from someone as far right as nancy pelosi ill take that as a compliment...sorry i wasnt clearer about the lw media, but others here caught the drift. doesnt excuse your horrific straw men though!

Being embarrassed to be associated with the conservatives of the modern day and so call yourself "independent" doesn't mean much when you support all of their words and actions without any scrutiny.
nah youve got it all backwards. i cant be associated with modern day you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT