ADVERTISEMENT

Not Much info , unless you are a premium member

FLAG HUNTER

Junior
Oct 2, 2014
Seems like you can't get any info on this site unless you are a premium medium, or someone hears something and posts it on the Free Board, which is greatly appreciated!

It’s a website with a staff of writers and reporters who dig up stories all week, drive to watch recruits play, interview players and coaches, and create content based off all that work. If you enjoy their material, you should consider supporting them.

Seems like these days, a lot of people have forgotten that paying for good news and entertainment is how we get more good news and entertainment.

I think we understand that but there are 1000's of Boilermakers out there who have to know something that can be shared here.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Seems like you can't get any info on this site unless you are a premium medium, or someone hears something and posts it on the Free Board, which is greatly appreciated!
The winter transfer window has closed. The declaration of going to the NFL draft has passed. There’s like 3 open scholarships last time I looked. I would imagine they are more useful on transfers that’ll come in summer than high school recruits at this point, unless there’s a big time high school recruit still out there.

Transfers can commit but can’t officially transfer until summer, Purdue has had transfers back out after committing the last couple seasons, so it’s not worth really talking about.

I believe the staff is fully hired out, but still no official announcement. That might be some news coming soon.

The February signing period is approaching, currently there’s two committed high schoolers. Players are working out and no official news on when spring ball is but I’d guess March start. It’ll be more fun to talk football then.

The most useful thing I’ve gotten is that supposedly Dylan Downing is on scholarship but I wonder if that’s a typo. Haven’t seen the news anywhere else. See last paragraph.

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/report-king-doerue-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal

There’ll be at least one Boilermaker in the Super Bowl (Chiefs-Karlaftis) or (Bengals-Bailey).

Lastly, Purdue’s number #1 in basketball, even though they’re struggling to hit 3’s. Edey is fun to watch and is POY material. Toughest SOS remaining of all the top teams, but Purdue is positioned well to win the BIG10 almost halfway through the season, but 3’s really need to start falling regularly.

Hopefully that helps.

Sometimes if you look on the pay board and see a name, you can use that name and find the actual story and information you seek. The pay board very seldom publishes the info any faster than the home town paper! The info I found about Stang was by accident looking at an unrelated home town article. I found the other info on the 24/7 site. The info is available for free if you know where to look.

I’m still rather surprised we have less than 5 available scholarships available to offer. Our incoming class was small. We only added 4 transfers. We had normal attrition. We had transfers and players leaving to go pro. And we had decommitments.

We definitely are not creating the buzz Michigan, uw and Nebraska are creating!

It’s a website with a staff of writers and reporters who dig up stories all week, drive to watch recruits play, interview players and coaches, and create content based off all that work. If you enjoy their material, you should consider supporting them.

Seems like these days, a lot of people have forgotten that paying for good news and entertainment is how we get more good news and entertainment.
my cable co. reminds me every January

Most of the "journalism" is information from Twitter. A majority of the time they even link the Twitter post. I hope nobody pays or paid for a degree in our modern news journalism.

I believe the staff is fully hired out, but still no official announcement. That might be some news coming soon.
Staff announced and Walters contract info was posted.
- Signed 5 year deal through 2027 season
- Lots of extras involved, but base salary is $4M in YR 1. $4.2 in YR 5.
- Assistant coach/strength coach (11 total) salary pool $5.5M
- Vehicle allowance $15k/yr
- Apparel $5k
- Performance bonus base $1.5M with various %'s for academic, athletic, post-season and personal honors.
- Early termination by University 75% of annual base salary
- Early termination by employee $6M YR 1 & 2, $5M YR 3, $4M YR 4 & 5.

There’s like 3 open scholarships last time I looked. I would imagine they are more useful on transfers that’ll come in summer than high school recruits at this point, unless there’s a big time high school recruit still out there.

Transfers can commit but can’t officially transfer until summer, Purdue has had transfers back out after committing the last couple seasons, so it’s not worth really talking about.
There's 4 players that could use COVID years that I'm unsure if they're returning, but counting them, Purdue has 87 scholarship players.

Portal/JC to date:
1 QB, 2 OL, 1 DL, 1 CB, 1 S

I think the secondary is looking better:
CB's Brown (6th), Turner-Muhammad (5th), Allen (5th), Kane (4th) year players. Denson (4th), Stevens (4th), along with some talented younger players.

OL is looking better. I think there's 8 "2 deep" guys. Miller (6th), Moussa (3rd), Grant (4th), Hartwig (4th), Finau (5th), Walker (4th), Mbow (3rd), Johnson (6th)

Wouldn't be shocked to see Purdue sign a transfer:
- explosive WR
- LB / CB
- RB

I don’t think the new guys here have many, if any at all, connections inside the athletic department. It’s the old hnr team so If you really want some inside info you need to follow Brian neubert. Though majority of stuff that he posts are things you can find on twitter and other various sites too. It was worth it for 1$, but 100$ for a year is pushing it.

I don’t think the new guys here have many, if any at all, connections inside the athletic department. It’s the old hnr team so If you really want some inside info you need to follow Brian neubert. Though majority of stuff that he posts are things you can find on twitter and other various sites too. It was worth it for 1$, but 100$ for a year is pushing it.
I think we should go after a LB and a RB

ADVERTISEMENT