ADVERTISEMENT

Non football topic, yet Purdue reference in Stranger Things

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
The Grand Finale of season four made direct reference to Purdue at the end.
#1 Netflix watched series gave Purdue some props!
Think it can’t make indirect impacts? Ask Kate Bush, her 80’s song “Running up that Hill” was mid pack top songs in Europe and US back then, but became #1 in Billboard the last few weeks.

Wonder what the butterfly effect will be for Purdue?

Think it can’t make indirect impacts? Ask Kate Bush, her 80’s song “Running up that Hill” was mid pack top songs in Europe and US back then, but became #1 in Billboard the last few weeks.

What was the Purdue reference in season 4 ?

There was one in season 3 in StarCourt mall.

What was it around Purdue? Season 4 was the best season so far imo. Some great moments. Might be a spoiler for others that haven’t watched it though. I’ll need to rewatch.

There was a reference I think in season one too. Must be a Purdue fan involved?

Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07
Near the end of the last episode., a volunteer helper at high school auditorium making pb&j sandwiches said her boyfriend had enough of Hawkins, IN and headed back to Purdue. Not big moment maker for the show, but fun to hear.
I heard it... Yes, it referenced a Purdue, but that Purdue student was not viewed in the best light. Question....
Is it better to be mentioned and be in a bad light? Or not mentioned at all?

Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07
I really hope we can soon prove Dennis Leary's quote from Judgement Night wrong. 😒
"Hobo from Purdue. I hate Purdue. When's the last time they ever won anything anyway?"

I remember that. I've always wondered why it was Purdue they picked?

Didn't really help us in Let's Be Cops.

Reactions: pboiler18

No effect. People were searching the song because nobody knew or remembered who Kate Bush but wanted to know who sang the little monster-repelling ditty. Most people either alreay know of Purdue or don't care.

There’s a general discussion board

Millie Bobby Brown is enrolled with Purdue!
It can have an effect!

They should invite her to do Shout for the Penn State game.
Anyone with contact to Sports information Director or BOD members?
This would be one helluva opportunity to have Millie Bobby Brown at Purdue for PSU game on National Television doing Shout.
Strike while the iron is hot!!! Serves both parties on a National scale!

Last edited:

Also - in episode 8, the Boyfriend in the ammo shop was wearing a vintage Purdue jacket. You had to look quickly…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT