ADVERTISEMENT

Non-conference schedules and Purdue

Thanks for posting.

I like that Brohm is not afraid to schedule the better teams and does not try to get weak non conference opponents to pad their win totals to just to try to make a bowl (like a rival to the South and they still don’t make a bowl).

I imagine the schedulers of these games are long gone from Purdue. Hopefully the current administration keeps scheduling better teams and not cup cakes, which I think is also their goal, as it should be for all teams, and not paying someone for an easy win.

This is very interesting, thank you, for posting. Sure hope we can win that first game, at Nevada. That would setup the rest of the season, before bringing it back home.
That Nevada game is going to be incredibly important and if Purdue comes out and plays really well, I could see it being a leap pad for the rest of the season in a similar fashion to the Syracuse game in 2004. Purdue shows well in that game at Nevada and I'd be confident in Purdue potentially going 5-1 prior to their visit to Iowa (loss at Penn State). If that does occur, I could see Purdue ending up as good as 9-3 (losses to Penn State, Iowa, @ Wisconsin/Nebraska). That would be a huge jump in the perception of Brohm and where the program is going.

Reactions: 72Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT