ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel

Doesn’t matter if he does. You are allowed to and can still return to college. So no story here.
Only if you don't get drafted. If he is taken with the 60th pick, then he will not be able to return. At least that's how I understand the rule change.

For example, the 3 Michigan players that declared are all likely to get drafted, so there is very little chance they will be allowed to come back.

Only if you don't get drafted. If he is taken with the 60th pick, then he will not be able to return. At least that's how I understand the rule change.

For example, the 3 Michigan players that declared are all likely to get drafted, so there is very little chance they will be allowed to come back.

Yes that is accurate. And also with hiring an agent it doesn't start and stop with just the NBA. Very possible when hiring an agent, that agent is looking overseas as well.

Not saying that is the case with Nojel and I would take whatever the OP says with a grain of salt.

From what I can find, this:

Under newly adopted NCAA rules, college players are allowed to retain the services of an agent during the evaluation process. Players have until midnight on May 29 -- 10 days after the NBA combine -- to withdraw from the draft if they want to return to school. If they choose to return to school, they must end the relationship with the agent and they will not lose any eligibility.

Additionally, players can also now return to school after going undrafted without losing eligibility, but only if they have participated in the NBA combine.

From what I can find, this:

Under newly adopted NCAA rules, college players are allowed to retain the services of an agent during the evaluation process. Players have until midnight on May 29 -- 10 days after the NBA combine -- to withdraw from the draft if they want to return to school. If they choose to return to school, they must end the relationship with the agent and they will not lose any eligibility.

Additionally, players can also now return to school after going undrafted without losing eligibility, but only if they have participated in the NBA combine.

Thanks for the tidbit. Looking at some of the most recent combines, they on average invite ~60 players to the combine which is the number of picks in the NBA draft. Not a certainty, but I would guess if you aren't invited to the combine chances of getting drafted are small.

Isn't the OP an IU fan that keeps getting that same account banned (20 times by the look of the number in his ID)? Let's not freak out about what he has to say.
Ding, ding, ding! ......This is definitely the same "dude". Sure Nojel may explore his options and what not, but this "word on the street post" has zero credibility and no source. I think Nojel would be served very well by returning for another year and continuing to develop his all-round game. He still has a ton of talent around him that will allow him to continue to develop and improve. A great breakout year next year and he could be a first rounder by June of 2020.

Lonzo Ball, perhaps too.

Going back a little ways......Shaquille O'Neal and Dwight Howard, but the NBA was still in its metamorphosis to today's state of the game.

Ball was a 41% 3 point shooter in his only year at UCLA. That's a pretty good average. I wouldn't say he's a poor shooter. I think everybody could look at his game though and understand there would be a transition period to success in the NBA.

Reactions: chaspark
Not his best move but after testing the waters last year and being much better this year it doesn't shock me.

I also think this OP post is partially a troll.
You would be correct!
Not his best move but after testing the waters last year and being much better this year it doesn't shock me.

I also think this OP post is partially a troll.
You would be correct! That’s just what someone said on some board somewhere.

Pretty sure there's a much better source than "the street" here, if it's anyone's business between now and the last day to declare.

This is not the same account as OP
I don’t get banned too often from here or my site. UK blocks me if I even go to their board but if I post a couple messages it tells me I need to buy an account or something like that so I just make a new one. I got double billed for two years so I refuse to do the pay site thing again. Plus we suck so until that changes...

I don’t get banned too often from here or my site. UK blocks me if I even go to their board but if I post a couple messages it tells me I need to buy an account or something like that so I just make a new one. I got double billed for two years so I refuse to do the pay site thing again. Plus we suck so until that changes...
Fair enough

I would expect Haarms to declare as well, and wouldn't be surprised if Wheeler did too. There's really no reason not too.
The only reason not too is that you can only declare twice and come back so I think if Nojel went again this year he would not have the opportunity next year and would either need to put his name in the draft and stay or come back without the ability to test .

The only reason not too is that you can only declare twice and come back so I think if Nojel went again this year he would not have the opportunity next year and would either need to put his name in the draft and stay or come back without the ability to test .
Good point.

Technically, Guppy, I think the declaring twice rule is from the NBA draft standpoint - not eligibility for NCAA. So, as I understand the rules, if he declares again and withdraws, he would no longer be eligible for the draft but could still return to school (assuming all the other conditions are met). However.....from a practical standpoint, I don't see where there would happen very often.....getting two evaluations/tests should suffice I would think.

Romeo Langford
Dude played with a big brace on his hand all year and he was a freshman. He also seemed to shoot better when it mattered but no he’s not a great shooter. I think he’ll turn into a 38-43% 3 point shooter in the NBA 3-5 years from now though. He’s also one of the best finishers around the rim I’ve ever seen as freshmen go anyways. He’s going to make a good pro if he stays healthy. I don’t know about great but we’ll see.

Dude played with a big brace on his hand all year and he was a freshman. He also seemed to shoot better when it mattered but no he’s not a great shooter. I think he’ll turn into a 38-43% 3 point shooter in the NBA 3-5 years from now though. He’s also one of the best finishers around the rim I’ve ever seen as freshmen go anyways. He’s going to make a good pro if he stays healthy. I don’t know about great but we’ll see.

Doood played with a brace and was a FRESHMAN! they normally save the braces for upper classmen!

Doood, he's gonna be AWESOME in the NBA! he's a great finisher around the rim. Got NONE of those in the NBA....

Edit...

Are you out of your EFFING MIND???

The TOP 30 3 point shooters in the league are above 38%. That's it. What the ever-loving CRAP did he show this past season that he would shoot that level... with BETTER defense, and from FARTHER OUT?

You flipping clowns are out of your ever loving minds!

That's just stupid...

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosierdog1
Nojel isn't going to be drafted, and I don't even think he should declare because that loses him a year.

(On the record: I don't think he will, he shouldn't.)

Reactions: big10best
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT