ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel is not a PG

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we end this experiment! hilarious he declared for NBA last year.. hell I might declare this year!
This a million times. They just sag off him and jam up the whole offense. He could be a poor man's Dennis Rodman. Athletic defender and rebounder and nothing else. Whoever worked on his shot this summer should be embarassed.

Agreed. Needs to be the starting 4, and if he cant find a way to score, then he doesnt deserve to play. He was terrible today.

Reactions: Lionheart1
From what ive seen i would like as our starting 5:

1. Carsen/hunter
2 . carsen/hunter
3. Cline
4. Wheeler
5. Williams

Ebo, nojel, stefanovic, and haarms come off bench. And put an end to the eifert experiment other then mop up duty.

1. Carsen/hunter
2 . carsen/hunter
3. Cline
4. Wheeler
5. Williams

Ebo, nojel, stefanovic, and haarms come off bench. And put an end to the eifert experiment other then mop up duty.

Any starting 5 without Nojel....is a guy that has not watched this year....he is by far our best defender....and sometimes one of the best rebounders.

Now I do like your enthusiasm for more minutes for W&W.....and agree with that. Starters....not yet.

Last edited:

1. Carsen/hunter
2 . carsen/hunter
3. Cline
4. Wheeler
5. Williams

Hate to burst your bubble here, but Williams can't even make it down the floor after 5 minutes. Haarms needs to start and we need to get him into the offense. Someone needs to light a fire under him.

Hate to burst your bubble here, but Williams can't even make it down the floor after 5 minutes. Haarms needs to start and we need to get him into the offense. Someone needs to light a fire under him.
Still would like to see him start. At this point our 5 position is wide open imo and i like the potential he's shown.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I don't like to come on here and be overly critical of individual players. To me, today is a classic example of why you have to beat ranked teams that you are capable of beating when the opportunity presents itself. We are just as good as Va Tech and FSU and found ways to lose both games. Those two wins would look great on our resume. We are not better than Michigan. They would beat us 8 out of 10 times. IF we beat Va Tech and FSU, this beatdown is a lot easier to stomach. Today was probably the worst defense I have ever seen by a Purdue team, and I have been watching since 1978. We really don't have an established TEAM offense yet. We had a few pick and roll opportunities but couldn't convert. We did not shoot well across the board and shot selection is still missing at times. There are too many lazy passes. Finally, I think Painter is going to have to take his lumps with Aaron Wheeler and play him more. He has a lot of upside, just no experience. He is going to hurt us at times, but over the course of the long season he will improve as he gets experience and confidence. Michigan is a very good, well coached team. We don't yet have a TEAM identity and we need to develop one soon.

Agree he needs alot more minutes, but he is not a starter.....IMO
Maybe, maybe not. It's either him or haarms. Boudreaux is simply too undersized, and not athletic enough or strong to play major minutes at center. I wouldn't be opposed to playing Dow to see what he has tho i know that won't happen.

Eat my ass

Nice comeback; I get it your intellics
Eat my ass

Per my earlier note/request earlier, put the drink down.
Nojel isn’t the issue; I get you probably played 6th grade soccer and now you feel you have an opinion. I would imagine this isn’t the first time someone has said to you, think before you speak

Nojel isn’t the issue; I get you probably played 6th grade soccer and now you feel you have an opinion. I would imagine this isn’t the first time someone has said to you, think before you speak
Nojel isnt the only issue*

The issue is that we have 3 starters that are incapable of scoring. They are horrible offensive players.

I believe he is saying that Nojel isn't a PG not that Nojel isn't a good player. I like Nojel. However, people just sag off of him and he is somewhat turnover prone.

So you think Nojel is the answer at PG? I’m not saying he’s the reason we lost, but right now he’s an undersized 4 playing PG. Look at his stat sheet this year.. all you need to know

I was told to eat soap for having an opinion on a messed board
2 posters throw out insults but whoever mathboy disagrees with he only tells them to stop posting. And the other guy even threw the first insult. Typical mathboy.

Reactions: Viguy
can we end this experiment! hilarious he declared for NBA last year.. hell I might declare this year!
If he did declare that’s our business why you worried. Did he turn it over no whether he takes shots or not he Isnt the issue we lost. What you fail to see idiot is he’s only doing what he is told to do. If he just go out and do what he wants and not run the offense like painter wants it than 1st thing you would say he’s doing to much. Eric Evan Haarms all run the offense how many plays are being ran for either of them Nothing. You mad we lost fine but saying what my son isn’t is silly and children.

This a million times. They just sag off him and jam up the whole offense. He could be a poor man's Dennis Rodman. Athletic defender and rebounder and nothing else. Whoever worked on his shot this summer should be embarassed.
So him not shooting a shot is the reason we lost oh I got it by the way does zavier Simpson shoot not really at all he took 1 shot but they do play to his strengths run ball screens were as he can operate or facilitate either getting to the basket or setting up how teammates. Look at his stats tell me how many 3s he has taken this season and how many he has made. Get over yourself dude blame who you want my son not shooting the ball had absolutely nothing to do why we lost. I don’t no what games you been watching but you might wanna watch very closely what’s really happening

Agreed. Needs to be the starting 4, and if he cant find a way to score, then he doesnt deserve to play. He was terrible today.
He ain’t the issue the offense being ran is the issue he’s only being told to run the offense and many of you don’t see that yet Simpson can’t shoot either but mich coach utilizes all his players in there offense. Mich coach run plays for each of his players and plays to each players strengths. Simpson not a shooter either yet he has screens set for him to get to the basket or finding his teammates for open shots and yet you say bcuz he isn’t shooting the ball is causing Purdue to loose that’s totally stupid. How many t/o did he have what did he do that caused Purdue to loose by 20 nojel not the only one on this team yet you wanna blame it on him for the team lack of scoring interesting.

He ain’t the issue the offense being ran is the issue he’s only being told to run the offense and many of you don’t see that yet Simpson can’t shoot either but mich coach utilizes all his players in there offense. Mich coach run plays for each of his players and plays to each players strengths. Simpson not a shooter either yet he has screens set for him to get to the basket or finding his teammates for open shots and yet you say bcuz he isn’t shooting the ball is causing Purdue to loose that’s totally stupid. How many t/o did he have what did he do that caused Purdue to loose by 20 nojel not the only one on this team yet you wanna blame it on him for the team lack of scoring interesting.
Painter doesnt run offense for him, because he cant score. Plain and simple. If he had the ability to score, painter would run offense for him.

As I said, Nojel isnt the only reason we lost, but he is certainly part of the reason.

I am not sure any team with a starting point guard attempting only 6 free throws all season so for is gonna be successful .. And i am not gonna start of his 0 for 2 on 3's... Running plays or not... At his size he needs to be getting to the foul line

Reactions: KisteK
You right but Haarms and many others needs to be involved into the offense and if they were there could be different results.

Reactions: ejs1111 and yotheo
I believe he is saying that Nojel isn't a PG not that Nojel isn't a good player. I like Nojel. However, people just sag off of him and he is somewhat turnover prone.
How many shots did Simpson take or have taken this season yet mich coach use him in ways that plays to his strength he can’t really shoot either has nothing to do with my son not hitting shots has everything to do with him not being utilized the right way.

Reactions: Cutter1973
mom, his help defence today wasn't good at all ( tbh, he still has lots to learn here). And a few too many times, Simpson took him off the dribble too easily. I know he can guard a lot of folks, but Simpson might have just been too small, too quick and too good a dribbler for Nojel to keep up with.

mom, his help defence today wasn't good at all ( tbh, he still has lots to learn here). And a few too many times, Simpson took him off the dribble too easily. I know he can guard a lot of folks, but Simpson might have just been too small, too quick and too good a dribbler for Nojel to keep up with.
So he gets beat off the dribble a few times and missed a few assignments on defense now it’s hia fault we lost we’re there others on the floor that got beaten too. So he the reason we lost by 20 is that what you saying just asking. Aren’t there 4 other players in the game that has to play defense too but nojel is the only one you say Simpson beat off the dribble a few times and he missed a few defensive assignments I get it now. It’s all good I gotcha

Reactions: Percival1
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and calm down. People are getting their fire and pitchforks out. Everyone knew their would be a regression with the team from losing 4 starters, yet everyone is still reacting like this is that same team. We have a lot of young players and a lot of growing pains to go through. Just have faith. No need to go all keyboard warrior on a kid. It's frustrating that we aren't the same powerhouse we were last year, but this is a new team. Just calm down and move on to the next one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT