ADVERTISEMENT

No surprise! Bad ref calls! Lousy field turf.

I think we have taken care of our business well.. and even without two ballers like Horvath and trice (and a very nice up and comer in Miller), but I haven’t seen any evidence that brohm can beat the fleckster and tanner morgan.

we have a great chance to go 3-1.. Illinois will be playing with nothing to lose but Purdue is just better. After that it will be a fight to get to 4-1. If Purdue plays really well… that means no fielding punts at the goal line or dropping passes my dad could catch, they could beat Minnesota. Depends how Minnesota plays
After last year’s shaft job at Minnesota, you don’t think Brohm and the team will be fired up to play the Gophers at home? Minnesota won by 5 at home against a bad Miami-OH team. They rolled Colorado, but Colorado’s offense sucks.

I thought the play calling sucked swamp water. But then, it has for the past few years. Where's all those trick plays I've heard about for the past five years? And like the past years under Brohm, there appears to be no punishment for making stupid plays.

The Illini will be playing for bragging rights, and I think the boat guy is simply the better coach. Illinois will be the better change for a win of the two.
Look, you're a nice guy. But you're kind of a moron on this topic and have a huge blind spot for it. The "boat guy" inherited a 9 win program at the same time Brohm inherited a no win program. We've been thru this a number of times before and you consistently get shut down and abused over it. Not sure why you continue to post the same thing over and over again?

After last year’s shaft job at Minnesota, you don’t think Brohm and the team will be fired up to play the Gophers at home? Minnesota won by 5 at home against a bad Miami-OH team. They rolled Colorado, but Colorado’s offense sucks.
I do, I’m just saying it’s nowhere near the gimme that Illinois is.. lumping the two together is not accurate

Look, you're a nice guy. But you're kind of a moron on this topic and have a huge blind spot for it. The "boat guy" inherited a 9 win program at the same time Brohm inherited a no win program. We've been thru this a number of times before and you consistently get shut down and abused over it. Not sure why you continue to post the same thing over and over again?
But....the boat guy has been constantly better. Deny that. And yes I am a nice guy who doesn't support Brohm just because he wears a shirt with PU on it. I've said many times over the past five years that i do hope he wins. So far, he's been a huge disappointment.

But....the boat guy has been constantly better. Deny that. And yes I am a nice guy who doesn't support Brohm just because he wears a shirt with PU on it. I've said many times over the past five years that i do hope he wins. So far, he's been a huge disappointment.
Constantly better? He wasn’t in Year 1. He isn’t right now either. Purdue and Minnesota are both 2-1. Minnesota struggled to beat Miami-OH at home 31-26. We basically beat Minnesota last season. Even you have to admit that offensive PI call in the endzone was complete hor$e$hit. We basically won that game. With that, it would be Brohm 2 PJ 2. Minnesota is wildly inconsistent this season. I like the fact we get them at home and not on Field Turf.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Constantly better...uhm, no. His best year was 2019 when Claeys recruits were juniors and seniors. Again, he inherited a 9 win team from Claeys. If you can't figure this out on your own, I'm not sure what to tell you...

Fleck - 5-7 with no bowl game
Brohm - 7-6 won a bowl game against Arizona

Fleck - 7-6 won a bowl game over Ga Tech
Brohm - 6-7 lost a bowl game to Auburn

Fleck - 11-2 beat Auburn in bowl game
Brohm - 4-8 with no bowl game

Fleck - 3-4
Brohm - 2-4

Reactions: SDBoiler1
NDs officials? Those were BIG officials? Call Kevin Warren and tell him you thought Purdue got shafted by his refs at ND.
NOT interested in calling KW...NOT concerned WHOSE officials those were. Two weeks in a row now they got waaay too many calls that were missing the other way. Waaaaaaay too many. NOT interested

Been better in some ways. Easier to be better when you start with better. Common sense. I think. I've coached a lot of games, having better players makes it a bit easier, more or less

Constantly better? He wasn’t in Year 1. He isn’t right now either. Purdue and Minnesota are both 2-1. Minnesota struggled to beat Miami-OH at home 31-26. We basically beat Minnesota last season. Even you have to admit that offensive PI call in the endzone was complete hor$e$hit. We basically won that game. With that, it would be Brohm 2 PJ 2. Minnesota is wildly inconsistent this season. I like the fact we get them at home and not on Field Turf.
You know, your team should never be in a position to allow a bad call to beat you. There were, and are calls that Purdue has had that hurt other teams as well. It's a part of the game SD. I don't believe Brohm's teams have been prepared to win most of his games here.

Been better in some ways. Easier to be better when you start with better. Common sense. I think. I've coached a lot of games, having better players makes it a bit easier, more or less
I don't disagree totally with you, but I too coached 45 years. In those years and all of those games, I've had several teams with less talented players win more games because they refused to lose and played as a team and not just for themselves. I'll take those teams and beat more athletic guys a lot of the time.

I simply don't believe Brohm to be a high caliber Big 10/P5 coach that is grossly over-paid.

Reactions: NVboiler
Constantly better...uhm, no. His best year was 2019 when Claeys recruits were juniors and seniors. Again, he inherited a 9 win team from Claeys. If you can't figure this out on your own, I'm not sure what to tell you...

Fleck - 5-7 with no bowl game
Brohm - 7-6 won a bowl game against Arizona

Fleck - 7-6 won a bowl game over Ga Tech
Brohm - 6-7 lost a bowl game to Auburn

Fleck - 11-2 beat Auburn in bowl game
Brohm - 4-8 with no bowl game

Fleck - 3-4
Brohm - 2-4
Fleck 33 wins. Brohm 17 wins. 2019 Fleck 11 wins. Brohm 4 wins. Fleck bowl win in 2018 and 2019. Brohm no bowl wins those years. Who's teams have progressed while the other guy has regressed. Stats don't lie.

You know, your team should never be in a position to allow a bad call to beat you. There were, and are calls that Purdue has had that hurt other teams as well. It's a part of the game SD. I don't believe Brohm's teams have been prepared to win most of his games here.
Just stop. We get it you don't like Brohm and wanted Les Miles, but you're heading in to the ridiculousness zone at ludicrous speed by saying things like this.

Fleck 33 wins. Brohm 17 wins. 2019 Fleck 11 wins. Brohm 4 wins. Fleck bowl win in 2018 and 2019. Brohm no bowl wins those years. Who's teams have progressed while the other guy has regressed. Stats don't lie.
That's just dumb. Fleck had ONE good year. With another coach's recruits. You're very delusional if you can't see that.

Reactions: Level 42 and BBG
These numbers aren't even close to reality.
Fleck has 28 wins at Minnesota, 15 in conference (out of 35).
Brohm has 21 wins at Purdue, 14 in conference (out of 33).
Fleck had better talent to start with and a cushy OOC schedule.
And he has basically the same B1G record.

Stats don't lie, except when you lie about stats.

Doesn’t stop huh

These numbers aren't even close to reality.
Fleck has 28 wins at Minnesota, 15 in conference (out of 35).
Brohm has 21 wins at Purdue, 14 in conference (out of 33).
Fleck had better talent to start with and a cushy OOC schedule.
And he has basically the same B1G record.

Stats don't lie, except when you lie about stats.
Good points, stats are like bikinis, they show a lot but not everything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT