ADVERTISEMENT

"No problem. Just go to another state" they said.

My excuse for what? I asked you a question because I think it’s strange that you claim to have been here for so long because you’re a Purdue fan when you seemingly use this place to hate Republicans and rarely discuss Purdue sports. Are there other forums on the internet that would better suit your political projection?
lol at the irony here.

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
lol at the irony here.
So you can’t defend doing what you’ve been doing for 21 years on here? Ok. Even you’re probably thinking yeah, it’s kind of sad so I can’t totally blame you for not answering and loling. I’d probably choose to not answer that either.

This is another interesting article that ties together some of your points
That's a pretty interesting article. In the wake of Obama's victory, at the height of the belief in "demographics is destiny," I read a small book that went counter to that theory, "The Lost Majority". The author of that book pointed to the regularity at which voting trends shifted (such as black Americans shifting from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party starting in the early 20th Century), and noted that political coalitions are quite delicate and tend to be short lived. The Democratic Party of the 2010s was a patchwork of competing interests that was bound to splinter at some point. I think Democratic gains with college educated whites are part of their long-term strategy to compensate for that likely splintering we appear to be witnessing now. Conversely, the Republicans have been throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks in an attempt to gain ground with some minorities so they may remain competitive. Appealing to the fastest growing demographic in the country, hispanics, is just what they needed. It will be interesting to see how the sides will approach illegal immigration, should the voting patterns of recent immigrants shift. I sense immense hypocrisy will be coming from both sides. 🙄

So you can’t defend doing what you’ve been doing for 21 years on here? Ok. Even you’re probably thinking yeah, it’s kind of sad so I can’t totally blame you for not answering and loling. I’d probably choose to not answer that either.
😂😂😂😂😂😂. Irony is already dead, tears. No need to keep trying to kill it.

That's a pretty interesting article. In the wake of Obama's victory, at the height of the belief in "demographics is destiny," I read a small book that went counter to that theory, "The Lost Majority". The author of that book pointed to the regularity at which voting trends shifted (such as black Americans shifting from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party starting in the early 20th Century), and noted that political coalitions are quite delicate and tend to be short lived. The Democratic Party of the 2010s was a patchwork of competing interests that was bound to splinter at some point. I think their gains with college educated whites are part of their long-term strategy to compensate for that likely splintering we appear to be witnessing now. Conversely, the Republicans have been throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks in an attempt to gain ground with some minorities so they may remain competitive. Appealing to the fastest growing demographic in the country, hispanics, is just what they needed. It will be interesting to see how the sides will approach illegal immigration, should the voting patterns of recent immigrants shift. I sense immense hypocrisy will be coming from both sides. 🙄
For the life of me I’m surprised it’s taken Hispanics this long to switch to Republican. A culture that values a strong work ethic, faith, family and freedom checks all the boxes.

ADVERTISEMENT