ADVERTISEMENT

No Defense

Morton couldn’t guard JHS. Just couldn’t keep up with him. A lot like Sasha on Phinisee last year.

Fouls wouldn't matter. We can't make free throws today
but purdue would shoot more and it might have been enough. ;) ACtually, it was the snowball effect that not only gave up easy baskets to IU and added some pressure to those FTs early. I've probably posted for a couple of months my concern about IU's physical defense down there on the perimeter. Bottom line...adjustment to the calls was too late and missing some FTs on offense and then Purdue's defense may have over helped a bit on some and didn't help on some others. It appeared that Purdue would take their chance on IU not doing so well in the mid range game which they did using their length and strength over the freshmen guards a bit. It was the mid range game last year by IU as well as a few other things that took place when Purdue loss down there last year.

Winning sometimes loses an edge and so we shall see how Purdue handles this...as we shall see if there are any lingering effects with IU when Rutgers plays there soon.

but purdue would shoot more and it might have been enough. ;) ACtually, it was the snowball effect that not only gave up easy baskets to IU and added some pressure to those FTs early. I've probably posted for a couple of months my concern about IU's physical defense down there on the perimeter. Bottom line...adjustment to the calls was too late and missing some FTs on offense and then Purdue's defense may have over helped a bit on some and didn't help on some others. It appeared that Purdue would take their chance on IU not doing so well in the mid range game which they did using their length and strength over the freshmen guards a bit. It was the mid range game last year by IU as well as a few other things that took place when Purdue loss down there last year.

Winning sometimes loses an edge and so we shall see how Purdue handles this...as we shall see if there are any lingering effects with IU when Rutgers plays there soon.
Dumb turnovers didn't help either. Oh well. It is what it is. Time to learn from it and move on. I would rather lose now than in the tournament.

Dumb turnovers didn't help either. Oh well. It is what it is. Time to learn from it and move on. I would rather lose now than in the tournament.
oh dumb turnovers were huge...by being asleep on one, bad angle on another I can recall. Turnovers whether dumb of due to physical play could have been avoided. I hope the kids get a ring and will worry about the tourney later...

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT