ADVERTISEMENT

No calls!

*Shockerrr*

True Freshman
Apr 26, 2015
Refs didn’t call squat the whole 2nd half when it came to pass interference. They held our receivers on almost every play down field and it was very noticeable on replays and even the announcers mentioned it...Wright was def held on that 3rd down play at the end and if you’re the refs you can’t miss that call. Purdue has it in the bag if a few of those calls were made but ya i know Purdue shouldn't be blaming the refs for this L because they couldn’t stop crap when it came to run defense but shame on you Refs...what’s the point of pass interference anymore if you don’t call the obvious ones!!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
My opinion of the worst call on the field was the reversal of our catch that would have been 4th down and 1 instead of an obvious punt. No person that isn’t on meth reverses that call when the call on the field was a catch.

Is it just me or did Markell Jones get horse-collar tackled at the one? Without it he would have scored. And if it was a horse-collar and was called; we would have had 1st and goal from the half yard line. I think I would have taken my chances with Moore doing a jet sweep to get to the corner on 2nd or 3rd down. We also shouldn't have bothered with the field goal - should have gone for it on 4th down to put the game out of reach. The field goal just delayed the agony of defeat a little longer. The number of pass interference plays and holds not called on Wisconsin was unreal. Now we have to win the bucket game just to get to a bowl. What a bummer.

My opinion of the worst call on the field was the reversal of our catch that would have been 4th down and 1 instead of an obvious punt. No person that isn’t on meth reverses that call when the call on the field was a catch.
He was clearly bobbling the ball.

Refs didn’t call squat the whole 2nd half when it came to pass interference. They held our receivers on almost every play down field and it was very noticeable on replays and even the announcers mentioned it...Wright was def held on that 3rd down play at the end and if you’re the refs you can’t miss that call. Purdue has it in the bag if a few of those calls were made but ya i know Purdue shouldn't be blaming the refs for this L because they couldn’t stop crap when it came to run defense but shame on you Refs...what’s the point of pass interference anymore if you don’t call the obvious ones!!
One of the worst non calls was a PI right in front of us in the south end zone. The ref right on top of the play stood there with his thumb up his backside while Zico (I think) got mugged down the right sideline. Luckily the ref 30 yards away under the goal post had the sense to throw the flag. Wisconsin employed the “grab them every time, they can’t call all of them” pass defense, and it worked.

The refs helped Purdue immensely in their win vs Iowa. Doesn't it suck being on the other end of it?

Is it just me or did Markell Jones get horse-collar tackled at the one? Without it he would have scored. And if it was a horse-collar and was called; we would have had 1st and goal from the half yard line. I think I would have taken my chances with Moore doing a jet sweep to get to the corner on 2nd or 3rd down. We also shouldn't have bothered with the field goal - should have gone for it on 4th down to put the game out of reach. The field goal just delayed the agony of defeat a little longer. The number of pass interference plays and holds not called on Wisconsin was unreal. Now we have to win the bucket game just to get to a bowl. What a bummer.
You know, those calls that didn’t happen did suck! I was fortunate to be able to convince the non-Purdue fans at a Thanksgiving day party to switch the game over to watch the 4th quarter. The big 10 will probably apologize just like they did and two of our three losses to start the season and say “we got the calls wrong“. It’s just nonsense because it doesn’t correct the problem it never has been and never will. There is a shortage of officials in this country, in all sports and that’s where the dilution (of talent) comes from. But, even though I would much rather us be going to a New Year’s day ball game it is what it is, and I think this program is legacy for the seniors is to have to win the bucket game two years in a row with this year being the sweetest of all starting out with three losses in a row. This will put us in a ball game in Detroit, playing indoors where we can be passed happy just like Drew Brees was against Kansas State. Not the most ideal scenario but this is where we are so let’s go win this game!

Reactions: drfpurdue
Question on the rule. If your hand is on the ball and it slides along your body it is considered control but if the ball is stationary on your body and your arm slides along it it is not control?
I mean if your lucky enough to have enough control of the ball that it never hits the ground shouldn't that be good enough and be a catch. I thought he had enough control of it regardless, but also don't think it hit the ground. I think we got screwed (again) especially considering it was initially ruled a catch. I also hate the rule that if you fumble the ball into your opponent's end zone it's a touchback. I mean if the other team recovers it in the end zone fine, but if it goes out of bounds with the other team not recovering it, just give the ball back to the offense where the fumble occurred. Anywhere else on the field that is how it would work. Why are you punishing the team for being so close to the end zone that fumble rules are different? It makes no sense to me.

I thought the field goal was the correct call. If he doesn’t get the TD we would have looked really bad. We really struggled on the short yardage situations against their front 7. Lap the FG puts us in a position where we just needed another FG on our next two positions to offset unlikely back to back TDS. It was the right call and easy to question after they fact.

Reactions: jmohlman
ADVERTISEMENT