ADVERTISEMENT

No. 5 in this week's poll

Somewhat surprised but I didn't think we would fall too far no matter what. Arizona, Texas and Baylor all lost. I stand by what I said about a week ago that 5 wins from that point would keep us a 1-seed. That was before the OSU game. So same thing, 2 more regular season plus 2 in the BTT. Which is definitely a good possibility.

Wisconsin is tough at home, but having a down year. Plus they tend to have less of the athletic players that gives Purdue fits. Against Illinois, Purdue needs to reach 30% shooting from three,

Reactions: rgarlitz
It seems crazy that Purdue could lose 4 in a six-game stretch and still be in the top 5. But, if not Purdue, then who? UVA and Arizona both lost over the weekend. Alabama barely escaped twice.

As of right now, I would be inclined to go:

1. Kansas--they are 15-5 vs. Q1. That is crazy. 75% of their season has been Q1 games.
2. Houston
3. UCLA
4. Alabama
5. Purdue

It seems crazy that Purdue could lose 4 in a six-game stretch and still be in the top 5. But, if not Purdue, then who? UVA and Arizona both lost over the weekend. Alabama barely escaped twice.

As of right now, I would be inclined to go:

1. Kansas--they are 15-5 vs. Q1. That is crazy. 75% of their season has been Q1 games.
2. Houston
3. UCLA
4. Alabama
5. Purdue
personally, I wouldn't penalize Arizona too much considering the way they lost

Reactions: rgarlitz
Interestingly we're #5, but no voter had us higher than 5. And still with a 27-point cushion on Marquette at 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT