ADVERTISEMENT

Nnaji Announcement

Kansas and now UNC? Guess Nnaji is not coming to Purdue. For him to decide on us for sure, Kansas would have to receive penalties for the whole Adidas incident, and UNC would have to sign a higher rated recruit, all before Nov., 23rd. What are the chances of that?

giphy.gif

He moved up his commitment by 1 day and we got you spooked?

Come on buddy - as Charlie Bucket once said “we got as good of chance as anyone else”.
No, it's just that all the smoke has been Kansas for most of the recruitment, and Brian reported yesterday that he got the vibe from Zeke's dad that the pick would be Kansas...

I wonder if this kid realizes UNC is coming in at the last minute because he's their 4th or 5th choice after the others said no. Don't put anything past Ol Roy either begging for that unofficial visit. I hope we land this young man, however historically we don't win these battles against Kansas/UNC

I wonder if this kid realizes UNC is coming in at the last minute because he's their 4th or 5th choice after the others said no. Don't put anything past Ol Roy either begging for that unofficial visit. I hope we land this young man, however historically we don't win these battles against Kansas/UNC
Hey, if UNC is cheating then Uncle Roy sure doesn’t know a gosh darn thing about it!

You see anything Billy Bob? Nope.....I didn't......you see anything ol Roy?
Nope.....well.....guess it's time for a Root Beer.....been a tough day, gosh darn it.

ku_bkc_60th_10-1lead_t650.jpg
Reminds me of the climactic scene of Roadhouse:

"You see anything, Pete?"

"No, I didn't see anything."

"You see anything, Red?"

"I didn't see nothing. Not a thing."

"You see anything, Tinker?"

"A polar bear fell on me."

9ad54e46-571c-4799-9c70-8d67d5223bf3_screenshot.jpg

You can't beat the classics!

Reminds me of the climactic scene of Roadhouse:

"You see anything, Pete?"

"No, I didn't see anything."

"You see anything, Red?"

"I didn't see nothing. Not a thing."

"You see anything, Tinker?"

"A polar bear fell on me."

9ad54e46-571c-4799-9c70-8d67d5223bf3_screenshot.jpg

You can't beat the classics!

Certainly a classic, Prof.

Another one is.....

"You got insurance, don't you?"

And one of my favorites:

"Mind your own business, Dad."

ezgif-5-55d63c99e0eb.gif

sooooo.. is this another case of we really like Purdue until we can get a better offer?

Seems like it.

When the only missing piece from Painter's recruiting pitch is that he hasn't broken through to the next level of success, it also becomes the strongest recruiting token for any team that HAS won on that level.

UNC isn’t in the FBI trial though correct? I’m sure that they’ll be the favorites after he visits.

UNC isn’t in the FBI trial though correct?

Correct. The recent FBI trial concluded (Kansas and Arizona were mentioned a lot.) The FBI has released the NCAA to begin their own investigations into the schools named in that trial. The NCAA recently passed a rule that allows them to use outside sources to speed up their investigations. So the NCAA can actually use FBI findings to punish schools now.

There are 1-2 more major trials set for the spring. Former Arizona assistant coach "Book" is the center piece of one of those trials. They have him on tape setting up payments to Jahvon Quinerly.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Correct. The recent FBI trial concluded (Kansas and Arizona were mentioned a lot.) The FBI has released the NCAA to begin their own investigations into the schools named in that trial. The NCAA recently passed a rule that allows them to use outside sources to speed up their investigations. So the NCAA can actually use FBI findings to punish schools now.

There are 1-2 more major trials set for the spring. Former Arizona assistant coach "Book" is the center piece of one of those trials. They have him on tape setting up payments to Jahvon Quinerly.
So this bodes well for UNC

I wouldn't blame him if he went to UNC. As an education major, I received 4 job offers. I accepted the 3rd one. If WL had offered, I would have thrown out all previous offers and accepted it.

We may want him to play for Purdue, but ultimately, it's his decision.

We may want him to play for Purdue, but ultimately, it's his decision.
Best....post... ever.

That is the thing with recruiting, we can say that Painter needs to do X or Y or whatever but in the end, it's the recruits decision and there is nothing anyone can do about that. You present yourself as best you can, but the actual decision is out of your hands.

But great post!

Interesting tweet. Ready to find out.

Encouraging, but I don't have my hopes up on this one like I did with Hall. We are up against some really stiff competition that we have no history of winning against. Would be a great surprise if it did happen though. He would be an absolute stud in Painter's scheme.

Best....post... ever.

That is the thing with recruiting, we can say that Painter needs to do X or Y or whatever but in the end, it's the recruits decision and there is nothing anyone can do about that. You present yourself as best you can, but the actual decision is out of your hands.

But great post!
I disagree. Recruiting is selling. Some people are better at it than others. If a kid is considering 4 schools, the best recruiter is probably going to get him. He’s going to outsell the others. It’s not always about the steak, a lot of it’s the sizzle.

If Izzo, Roy, Self were the HC at Purdue, do you think we’d be getting better recruits?

I disagree. Recruiting is selling. Some people are better at it than others. If a kid is considering 4 schools, the best recruiter is probably going to get him. He’s going to outsell the others. It’s not always about the steak, a lot of it’s the sizzle.

If Izzo, Roy, Self were the HC at Purdue, do you think we’d be getting better recruits?

Do you think we could still call PU a clean program? Is that important or not? Serious questions.

You realize that a lot of these guys who were considered good recruiters are only good because they had Adidas or Nike paying players to go to their schools? (Or their dads in some cases)

Do you think we could still call PU a clean program? Is that important or not? Serious questions.

You can speculate that guys cheat, pay or whatever, but until it’s proven and they are punished, it’s just that: speculation.
Do you think coach K cheats? Belien? Price? Boheim?
Success and running a clean program are not mutually exclusive.
Purdue can get 5 stars, get to FFs and win NCs. Just not sure they can with Painter

You realize that a lot of these guys who were considered good recruiters are only good because they had Adidas or Nike paying players to go to their schools? (Or their dads in some cases)

So, what are the top 5 programs who don’t cheat or play the shoe game?

You can speculate that guys cheat, pay or whatever, but until it’s proven and they are punished, it’s just that: speculation.
Purdue can get 5 stars, get to FFs and win NCs. Just not sure they can with Painter
Boeheim has already been busted, got suspended for a bunch of games.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Encouraging, but I don't have my hopes up on this one like I did with Hall. We are up against some really stiff competition that we have no history of winning against. Would be a great surprise if it did happen though. He would be an absolute stud in Painter's scheme.
This is such a unique, out of left field type recruit, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we got him. Well maybe just slightly....

Reactions: mreeser

I guess I do think they cheat. Now, that's just my opinion...…..but, hell, I thought that even before the whole "shoe company" thing came to light. I'll admit it, I think a helluva lot more cheat, than don't. Then you have guys like Dickie V calling them Hall of Famers. It sickens me to the core.

Who does ? - Tom Izzo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT