ADVERTISEMENT

Nike 2019 EYBL tournament

I am here to check out the 8:00 am games in Irving:
https://www.nikeeyb.com/games/

Ethan Morton is on NY Renaissance and Dickinson is on Team Takeover. Their games overlap so I will need to split time between courts.

They stream the games on the link above. They play again in the afternoon and a couple times tomorrow.
Kuminga on the Rens is stud.

Kuminga is a stud. Morton had an off morning shooting but he does have great court vision and made some great passes. He will be a thorn in the side of our opponents. Plays with confidence and is vocal. Justin Lewis looked good on the team Morton was playing against. He knocked down a couple 3s and will be a good PF. I think we are still in the mix there.

I watched about a quarter of Dickinson’s game and he was a force down low. He wound up with 25 points and 11 boards. My Purdue shirt in the stands motivated him, ha. He made some strong moves. He is tough to stop with the left hand.

Kuminga is a stud. Morton had an off morning shooting but he does have great court vision and made some great passes. He will be a thorn in the side of our opponents. Plays with confidence and is vocal. Justin Lewis looked good on the team Morton was playing against. He knocked down a couple 3s and will be a good PF. I think we are still in the mix there.

I watched about a quarter of Dickinson’s game and he was a force down low. He wound up with 25 points and 11 boards. My Purdue shirt in the stands motivated him, ha. He made some strong moves. He is tough to stop with the left hand.

Are morton's shot mechanics poor or developing? I'm not at all worried about him learning to shoot eventually but wondering if it will be a slower process once he's here.

Asking purely for information. No agenda.

Thanks for the info and summary

Are morton's shot mechanics poor or developing? I'm not at all worried about him learning to shoot eventually but wondering if it will be a slower process once he's here.

Asking purely for information. No agenda.

Thanks for the info and summary

He only took a couple outside shots this morning it seemed. I think it is developing. They were in and out type of shots or on target at least. Most of the missed shots came driving the lane. He was looking to pass on the drive most of the time but the bigs were not ready or out of position so he threw it up. They were good moves to the bucket. He was taller than the other guards and grabbed some rebounds. He is a pass first, unselfish player so if you are a big or a shooter as a teammate, that is great news. He was vocal but the guys playing this weekend have egos and do their own thing. He will be a coach on the floor type. He will be yelling MOVE instead of CMP, lol.

Last edited:
He only took a couple outside shots this morning it seemed. I think it is developing. They were in and out type of shots or on target at least. Most of the missed shots came driving the lane. He was looking to pass on the drive most of the time but the bigs were not ready or out of position so he threw it up. They were good moves to the bucket. He was taller than the other guards and grabbed some rebounds. He is a pass first, unselfish player so if you are a big or a shooter as a teammate, that is great news. He was vocal but the guys playing this weekend have egos and do their own thing. He will be a coach on the floor type. He will be yelling MOVE instead of CMP, lol.
I think this is a good analysis. In the games I've watched (including the one on now), he has shown good form, but the shots aren't falling. He loves shooting long mid range shots off the dribble. As you said, he is very good with the ball and his vision is impressive. He is always directing traffic when he is on the court. His scoring ability is a concern at this point, and I'm expecting a significant drop in ranking because of this.

This is where this forum goes off the rails. You seem to be arguing something that isn't there.
Bingo because you take a snippet of his full comment to start a fight. If you go back and read it in full he was complimentary of Morton .He listed specifics like his court vision and being an on court coach.

He said the reason for a drop in rankings - doesn’t say he agrees or disagrees. Yet here you and your buddy are trying to start a fight.

I never said I wasn't excited to have Morton, or that I didn't think Morton was a good player. I said I expected his ranking to drop significantly.
That's andrew in a nutshell for ya'. Starts fights for no reason. I think he has some sort of mental disorder to be honest.

Reactions: BoilerIron
Bingo because you take a snippet of his full comment to start a fight. If you go back and read it in full he was complimentary of Morton .He listed specifics like his court vision and being an on court coach.

He said the reason for a drop in rankings - doesn’t say he agrees or disagrees. Yet here you and your buddy are trying to start a fight.

Riiight. And you're just here to ... "help."

that chili is making you crabby.
1_144.jpg

Reactions: Purdue85 and TX4GB
Here are statistical updates for our commits/recruits through the first 3 EYBL sessions. There will not be another session until Peach Jam in July.

Jaden Ivey

Games: 13
Min/gm: 24
PPG: 12.9
FG%: 58/117 (50%)
FT%: 33/55 (60%)
3pt%: 19/42 (45%)
Rebs: 4.4
Asts: 2.7
TOs: 2.1
Stls: .5
Blk: .3

Ethan Morton

Min/gm: 27
PPG: 3.9
FG%: 12/57 (21%)
FT%: 25/31 (81%)
3pt%: 2/23 (9%)
Rebs: 5
Asts:4
TOs: 1.4
Stls: 1.5
Blk: .2

Hunter Dickinson

Games: 12
Min/gm: 22
PPG: 13
FG%: 75/113 (66%)
FT%: 20/33 (61%)
3pt%: 0/1 (0%)
Rebs: 8
Asts: 2.4
TOs: 2.2
Stls: .4
Blk: 1.5

Cam Fletcher

Min/gm: 26
PPG: 12
FG%: 66/140 (47%)
FT%: 14/23 (61%)
3pt%: 13/41 (32%)
Rebs: 6
Asts: 1.5
TOs: 1.5
Blk: .9

Caleb Love

Min/gm: 29
PPG: 16
FG%: 74/168 (44%)
FT%: 39/47 (83%)
3pt%: 22/61 (36%)
Rebs: 4.5
Asts: 5.6
TOs: 2.6
Stls: 1.8

John Hugley IV

Games: 9
Min/gm: 13
PPG: 8
FG%: 29/56 (52%)
FT%: 18/30 (60%)
Rebs: 6.2
Asts: .4
TOs: 1.2

Caleb Furst (2021)

Games:13
Min/gm: 20
FG%: 59/100 (59%)
FT%: 35/47 (75%)
3pt%: 2/6 (33%)
Rebs: 5.3
Asts: 1.2
TOs: 1.7
Stls: .7

Luke Goode (2021)

Games:5
Min/gm: 16
PPG: 10
FG%: 17/38 (45%)
FT%: 5/5 (100%)
3pt%: 10/26 (39%)
Rebs: 4
Asts: 2
TOs: .8
Stls: 1
Blk: 0

Here are statistical updates for our commits/recruits through the first 3 EYBL sessions. There will not be another session until Peach Jam in July.

Jaden Ivey

Min/gm: 24
PPG: 12.9
FG%: 58/117 (50%)
FT%: 33/55 (60%)
3pt%: 19/42 (45%)
Rebs: 4.4
Asts: 2.7
TOs: 2.1

Ethan Morton

Min/gm: 27
PPG: 3.9
FG%: 12/57 (21%)
FT%: 25/31 (81%)
3pt%: 2/23 (9%)
Rebs: 5
Asts:4
TOs: 1.4
Stls: 1.5
Blk: .2

Hunter Dickinson

Min/gm: 22
PPG: 13
FG%: 75/113 (66%)
FT%: 20/33 (61%)
Rebs: 8
Asts: 2.4
TOs: 2.2
Blk: 1.5

Cam Fletcher

Min/gm: 26
FG%: 66/140 (47%)
FT%: 14/23 (61%)
3pt%: 13/41 (32%)
Rebs: 6
Asts: 1.5
TOs: 1.5

Caleb Love

Min/gm: 29
PPG: 16
FG%: 74/168 (44%)
FT%: 39/47 (83%)
3pt%: 22/61 (36%)
Rebs: 4.5
Asts: 5.6
TOs: 2.6
Stls: 1.8

John Hugley IV

Games: 9
Min/gm: 13
PPG: 8
FG%: 29/56 (52%)
FT%: 18/30 (60%)
Rebs: 6.2
Asts: .4
TOs: 1.2

Caleb Furst (2021)

Games:13
Min/gm: 20
FG%: 59/100 (59%)
FT%: 35/47 (75%)
3pt%: 2/6 (33%)
Rebs: 5.3
Asts: 1.2
TOs: 1.7
Stls: .7

Luke Goode (2021)

Games:5
Min/gm: 16
PPG: 10
FG%: 17/38 (45%)
FT%: 5/5 (100%)
3pt%: 10/26 (39%)
Rebs: 4
Asts: 2
TOs: .8
Stls: 1
Blk: 0
Aren't we basically out on Love at this point since we have all of our guards? Was wondering if we were still after Fletcher as well since PF/C seems to be the only need Painter has.

Aren't we basically out on Love at this point since we have all of our guards? Was wondering if we were still after Fletcher as well since PF/C seems to be the only need Painter has.
We are most likely out on both, but I know we had significant interest in both Love and Fletcher prior to the Ivey/Morton commitments, so I included them anyways.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
That's andrew in a nutshell for ya'. Starts fights for no reason. I think he has some sort of mental disorder to be honest.
;) Yep, complimenting Morten and pointing out that Painter (and I, FWIW) don't care about a player's rating is reason to take offense.

People who are determined to be offended will be offended, no matter what you do.

Reactions: Schnelk

He looks like he has good form on his shot. Perhaps it has more to do with the team he is on and the role he plays.

On another note, he does have some massive hands on him.

Thanks for all the stats. Great post.

Feel better to see morton shoots only times a game. That's means he's patient and unselfish. plus his 81 percent from the line is promising. Combined with his apparent vision, I'm excited for the future

There are going to be a lot of other BIG teams that will be saying’ “Where did Purdue get this guy?”

Reactions: TX4GB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT