ADVERTISEMENT

Nice job Brohm and staff!

Completely agree. Defense really stepped up today. Great job!
It was just a very solid job in general...

Defense by far turned in its best effort (and, not having Ibrahim helped)...

Offense, when it did not force things, was pretty good...play calling was better seemingly...the ability to run even some (never mind genuinely effectively) makes SUCH a difference...O'Connell was better in the second half and particularly down the stretch.

The game set up nicely in terms of Minnesota coming in sky high...and, having not been tested worked in Purdue's favor also.

That was a game where I just did not like Purdue's chances...as I said, it did set up nicely, and, Ibrahim being out was big, but, it STILL was not a game where I felt good just based on what we have seen...especially defensively.

Opening drive of the game was beautiful (on the heels of a 3-and-out). Purdue did not do a great job of taking advantage of some things, but, Minnesota was as (maybe even more) guilty.

When it mattered late, Purdue was better...across the board...on the field, and, on the sidelines...as you said elsewhere, credit where credit is due, and, Brohm/staff and players (especially defense) are due credit after today. I thought Fleck did an absolutely horrible job actually.

I missed the game yesterday. Watched it this morning. Just a few off-the-cuff observations:

Offense: . Started and finished the game very hot; stagnated in the second and third quarters. Devin Mockobee, wow! What a revelation! Love that galloping running style. He just rampaged through that defense. Give that kid some reps with the first team this week. Purdue really needs Charlie Jones to stay healthy, but Deion Burks had some nice grabs, too. Hope he can do more as the season unfolds.

Defense: What can I say---they were SALTY. Yeah, I know Ibrahim sat out. But these guys came to play. Cam Allen had some nice picks. The defense brought great pressure down the stretch.

Special teams: Fielding punts got a little wild, but Mitchell Fineran, Jack Ansell, and Chris Van Eekeren all had solid games.

All-in-all, it was a great effort. Minnesota was missing some key guys. Maybe they had a minor let down after last week's big win in East Lansing. But, this will go down as a solid road win against a bowl-caliber opponent.

Defense by far turned in its best effort (and, not having Ibrahim helped)...
I’m so sick of hearing about Ibrahim being hurt. If he was so great, he’d already be in the NFL. He’s 24 years old.

We had half a dozen good players out with injuries, and all we heard from the ESPN guys was Mo, Mo, and Mo… you would have thought they were missing Eric Dickerson.

I’m so sick of hearing about Ibrahim being hurt. If he was so great, he’d already be in the NFL. He’s 24 years old.

We had half a dozen good players out with injuries, and all we heard from the ESPN guys was Mo, Mo, and Mo… you would have thought they were missing Eric Dickerson.
Fair point(s), but, his being out was a big loss for them, and, a big benefit for Purdue.

At the same time, Purdue being down multiple key guys was not paid near the same attention or acclaim...and, the losses on the Purdue side collectively were more impactful.

I want to give Jeff and the entire staff a standing O for their game plan and preparation. I don't think he has gotten much sleep the past few weeks. You could see in the visible fatigue in the Thursday interview and even more so in Saturday's post game. I am sure it was incredibly satisfying to see that hard work pay off. This man is not here just to collect pay checks- he wants to win more than all of us combined.

Maybe he’d take a pay cut in the NFL. Lol

I want to give Jeff and the entire staff a standing O for their game plan and preparation. I don't think he has gotten much sleep the past few weeks. You could see in the visible fatigue in the Thursday interview and even more so in Saturday's post game. I am sure it was incredibly satisfying to see that hard work pay off. This man is not here just to collect pay checks- he wants to win more than all of us combined.
Absolutely; astute observation about the post-game interview with the ESPN sideline reporter, who tried to get cute by referencing "Spoilermakers."

Brohm is not satisfied by that reputation. Here's hoping that Saturday's glimmers turn into consistently disciplined and intelligent play.

ADVERTISEMENT