ADVERTISEMENT

Nice article on Rickie Woltman in the Journal & Courier

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Mike Carmin has written a perceptive article on Woltman's emergence this year. Some nice quotes such as Rickie saying “I feel like from the jump, coach Geralds (sic) did a good job of putting the confidence in me and showing me, this is a year where I have an opportunity and she was very vocal about that.”

Once again I am so impressed at what a difference Coach Gearlds has made for many of the players on Purdue's team. We definitely won the lottery in having her on-board to take over when Coach Versyp "retired."

See link. (For those of you who do not subscribe, I think they still allow you a few free articles every month. But really, besides the Exponent whose coverage is spotty at best, it is the only coverage of ALL Purdue sports.)

Rickie Woltman takes advantage of opportunity, flourishes for Purdue women's basketball

Woltmann and Hardin are the showcases for what KG has done, perhaps Kyle too. And the energy and spirit is manifest. Highest compliment—this team is fun to watch even when it loses.
7 - 2 record at home this year, and the only loss that is really troubling is the one to Dayton early in the season. Although Dayton has a 10-3 record this year, and are 7-2 since beating the Boilermakers decisively in mid- November. And attendance is sneaking up as the season progresses!

Mike Carmin has written a perceptive article on Woltman's emergence this year. Some nice quotes such as Rickie saying “I feel like from the jump, coach Geralds (sic) did a good job of putting the confidence in me and showing me, this is a year where I have an opportunity and she was very vocal about that.”

Once again I am so impressed at what a difference Coach Gearlds has made for many of the players on Purdue's team. We definitely won the lottery in having her on-board to take over when Coach Versyp "retired."

See link. (For those of you who do not subscribe, I think they still allow you a few free articles every month. But really, besides the Exponent whose coverage is spotty at best, it is the only coverage of ALL Purdue sports.)

Rickie Woltman takes advantage of opportunity, flourishes for Purdue women's basketball

Reactions: Russ Ford
Woltmann and Hardin are the showcases for what KG has done, perhaps Kyle too. And the energy and spirit is manifest. Highest compliment—this team is fun to watch even when it loses.
Kyle hasn't played in a few weeks...but she had improved somewhat when healthy. But she's still a long way from reaching her true potential.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT