ADVERTISEMENT

Next year ideas thread

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Season is over, small improvements were made. What needs to happen to see another improvement where maybe the team wins a game or 2 in the dance? I think Ellis/Terry (if she returns)/Smith/Harper occupy 4 starting spots, my guess is a transfer portal player gets the last one. I think Madison likely is 6th man going forward. Guessing another player or two move on, what Frosh step in next year and contribute? There’s not many of us on here, let’s try to keep it civil and have good discussions, Boiler up!

Season is over, small improvements were made. What needs to happen to see another improvement where maybe the team wins a game or 2 in the dance? I think Ellis/Terry (if she returns)/Smith/Harper occupy 4 starting spots, my guess is a transfer portal player gets the last one. I think Madison likely is 6th man going forward. Guessing another player or two move on, what Frosh step in next year and contribute? There’s not many of us on here, let’s try to keep it civil and have good discussions, Boiler up!
I’m really happy about the direction of the program. Katie is bringing an excitement the program hadn’t seen in a while. I’m not familiar with the recruits coming in but I expect the quality of recruit to keep improving. I really want to see the program return to national prominence and I think Katie can make that happen.

I'll circle back to this once we have a good idea of who is staying and who might be added from the portal. Its too early now to even have an idea of what we might look like.

Im optimistic about a second NCAAT for next year. Think CKG has put a culture in place that demands/expects to win rather than just play on scholarship.

I agree with Michael that we cant make an educated guess on the lineup until they announce who isnt coming back....

But being the uneducated guy I am I will gladly take a shot in the dark. Stoddard is already out. I could potentially see potts/learn/terry. Dont know about Holzer. Smith was a question for me but CKG sounded like she planned for the future with her.

Im not going to try opening night but my guess for the starting group once the season settles in will be smith/Ellis/transfer C/Jones/Groot. First group off the bench monsoon/Harper/terry/younger laydan/older layden.

Hope the younger players who will be here for deep runs in a few years will get the early chances to develop rather than older ones who will leave next year.

I think they need to find two in the portal. a consistent three pt shooter and true C. I get Harper was the best CKG could get last year and she was great throughout the year but they need a dominant C and not a PF masquerading as one. Harper could be great at the PF in a big lineup or as a sub off the bench. When was the last time we had a true dominant C? Guyton?

I could be right or terribly wrong. Thought harden would go back to her sub role and played 30 plus a night.

Im optimistic about a second NCAAT for next year. Think CKG has put a culture in place that demands/expects to win rather than just play on scholarship.

I agree with Michael that we cant make an educated guess on the lineup until they announce who isnt coming back....

But being the uneducated guy I am I will gladly take a shot in the dark. Stoddard is already out. I could potentially see potts/learn/terry. Dont know about Holzer. Smith was a question for me but CKG sounded like she planned for the future with her.

Im not going to try opening night but my guess for the starting group once the season settles in will be smith/Ellis/transfer C/Jones/Groot. First group off the bench monsoon/Harper/terry/younger laydan/older layden.

Hope the younger players who will be here for deep runs in a few years will get the early chances to develop rather than older ones who will leave next year.

I think they need to find two in the portal. a consistent three pt shooter and true C. I get Harper was the best CKG could get last year and she was great throughout the year but they need a dominant C and not a PF masquerading as one. Harper could be great at the PF in a big lineup or as a sub off the bench. When was the last time we had a true dominant C? Guyton?

I could be right or terribly wrong. Thought harden would go back to her sub role and played 30 plus a night.
Very good post, much appreciated! Terry is a wildcard for me, if she returns it’s likely she’s starting a playing a ton of minutes like the last two seasons. She’s a stat stuffer, it would be nice if those stats saw a little increase in scoring and a few less turnovers. You’re correct about Harper, would be great as the first one off the bench playing 15-20 minutes a night.

Also, Potts was/is a mystery, she never played, even in blowouts, if she returns it must because Coach told her she sees future minutes for her. Maybe she had an underlying injury? Really hard to find much news regarding the women’s program.

Also, Potts was/is a mystery, she never played, even in blowouts, if she returns it must because Coach told her she sees future minutes for her. Maybe she had an underlying injury? Really hard to find much news regarding the women’s program.
Based off listening to Tim Newton during the year or the CKG radio show they never mentioned her as one of the injured in the way they talked about Laydan missing the games in december.

ADVERTISEMENT