ADVERTISEMENT

Next year first game starting lineup

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Redmon, Bays, Clemons, Wilson, Hamby? Team should be very deep in the frontcourt next year, backcourt could be a little dicey.

Not sure we see Redmon/Bays/Clemons all starting. Wouldn't be shocked for them to keep Bays as 6th man (6th woman??) and maybe let someone like Perry start. If the season started tomorrow I think Hamby might get the nod at the guard spot opposite Wilson but there is plenty of potential competition there.

Should be a good season, team will be plenty deep next year. I can see Perry starting next season as well, even if Bays doesn't start she probably gets close to 30 minutes a game next year.

I have this feeling Miss Hamby will work her buns off this off-season to play some at both guard positions. She has always succeeded in the past levels and she will have her chance with graduations now. Don't be surprised if Miss Hall from Colorado ends up getting some decent minutes at the point. She seems quite talented and mature for her age. I like her lean and long body for a point guard. If that makes sense? She is first step quick and sees the court well when moving also.

Interesting ideas about Miss Bays. I just figured she will start next year since she will be our best scoring option but she may end up being first off the bench. It's a nice problem (not really a problem) to have.

I am pretty excited about next year. We will miss Miss Moses big time but we may end up better by spreading it around more. She was the type of player that bled Gold and Black and made us proud. Hard to believe she was headed to Notre Dame early before Miss Diggins committed there. Seems like ages ago now.
This post was edited on 3/31 1:11 PM by GemstateBoiler

Originally posted by purduedavie:

Redmon, Bays, Clemons, Wilson, Hamby? Team should be very deep in the frontcourt next year, backcourt could be a little dicey.
I see the same line up starting. Wilson is very stable as the PG and she will be difficult to root out of there. Hall is the real deal and will be one of the first off the bench once the season gets going. Next year when Tiara arrives, this could get real interesting.

The other player I like is Moore. She is a big power forward. She couold be a bis help with physical teams like PSU. Most of our post players are finese type players who are of slight build. Moore is a different body type, and very skilled.

cool.r191677.gif

Originally posted by destewart:
Anyone else remember who was Diggins' cousin?
I'm game, but I'm just guessing. Either someone from the Merriweather family or Lil Wayne.

What's the answer?

Except for Wilson, starters will not be set at the beginning of the season and Coach V will figure out rotations in the pre-season. Lots of candidates for these spots. Bays may well come off the bench because they don't want her in foul trouble. If healthy, I think Bays is All-BT. The other starting options are Hamby, Clemons, Redmon, and Perry (which means the starters will probably come from those 6) if none of the frosh amaze so much they have to start. The frosh will play some and maybe Morissette who was very highly rated and could really improve in a year. I also think Thornton will increase her minutes significantly. This team has a lot of potential if they work hard and focus and stay relatively injury free.
P.S. Wonder if Massy will stay. Don't see a lot of minutes for her.

Whitney Bays was the best player on this year's team, in my opinion, Neither Clemons or Redmon, both decent players, is in her class. If she had started this year, she would have received much more recognition. As I watch the NCAA, I see very few players who are her equals. The only remotely reasonable answer to why she didn't start this year was questions about her health. If she doesn't start next year, it will be a terrible injustice and will hurt the team. Not knowing how good the freshman will be makes it impossible to make an educated guess as to the entire starting lineup, but if Bays isn't one of our five best players,order your final four tickets now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT