ADVERTISEMENT

Next 4 game stretch

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
will be the toughest of the year. I believe it's another 4 in 9 days.
@UM
MSU
PSU
@iu (sucks!)

Obviously the schedule makers didn't do PU any favors by making them go to iu at then end of this stretch.
Will be interesting to see if Painter does anything different with the rotations since players looked winded and heavy legs during the MD game, which came at the end of a similar stretch.

will be the toughest of the year. I believe it's another 4 in 9 days.
@UM
MSU
PSU
@iu (sucks!)

Obviously the schedule makers didn't do PU any favors by making them go to iu at then end of this stretch.
Will be interesting to see if Painter does anything different with the rotations since players looked winded and heavy legs during the MD game, which came at the end of a similar stretch.
One would think that the two road games would be the toughest, but this Purdue team really seems to play well under pressure on the road. For some reason, they seem to struggle to shoot the ball at home. I am still looking for them to turn it around in Mackey.

It is a brutal stretch and makes me wonder of any other teams in conference having to do that many games in a short time frame.

My guess is we hold home court and drop 1 on the road. I prefer we lose to Michigan and our #1 ranking before heading to Bloomington.....

We should come out of that 3-1 or better of we want to be taken seriously as the number 1 team in the country.

Michigan isn’t very good and probably missing Jett.
MSU and PSU we have at home and have already beaten.
IU is on a hot streak but I’m not sure they can keep up the intensity, plus they have a similar schedule over the next four games.

Purdue needs to keep their pace and continue to play the way the coaches have taught them and we should be fine.

Looking ahead, how many games will Purdue have to play in how many days to win the BIG 10 championship? Is it 3 games in 5-6 days? And the likelihood is they will then have to play 2 more games in 6 days after the BIG 10 championship game.

I see this schedule as good preparation for the BIG 10 tournament with the NCAA tourney following it!

When have you seen schedule-makers do anyone 'favors'? How does that work? It's all the same in the end.

It's 2 games per week. I don't get the whole issue about playing 4 games in 9 days (it's actually 10).
Exactly. Back in the day where teams played a Thursday/Saturday schedule, it was always 4 in 9. And then the next 2 games were across 10 days. Then every 5th week they would only play their traveling partner. It’s science.

Exactly. Back in the day where teams played a Thursday/Saturday schedule, it was always 4 in 9. And then the next 2 games were across 10 days. Then every 5th week they would only play their traveling partner. It’s science.

I think in the days prior to the Big 11 addition of Penn State, the travel partners were:

Purdue/Illinois
Michigan/Michigan State
Ohio State/Indiana
Iowa/Minnesota
Wisconsin/Northwestern

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and DrEss
We should come out of that 3-1 or better of we want to be taken seriously as the number 1 team in the country.

Michigan isn’t very good and probably missing Jett.
MSU and PSU we have at home and have already beaten.
IU is on a hot streak but I’m not sure they can keep up the intensity, plus they have a similar schedule over the next four games.

Purdue needs to keep their pace and continue to play the way the coaches have taught them and we should be fine.
Yes, but the Purdue players have to study during those 9 days and won't get as much rest as some of the others...

I think in the days prior to the Big 11 addition of Penn State, the travel partners were:

Purdue/Illinois
Michigan/Michigan State
Ohio State/Indiana
Iowa/Minnesota
Wisconsin/Northwestern
And every BIG coach swore the weather was brutal every year they made the Iowa/Minnesota trip.

PSU is up next. Had a solid win against Michigan and just crushed them in the second half. Will need to be ready for a lot of the counter punching Shrews will dial up against what he saw last game.

IU looks completely different the past few games.

PSU is up next. Had a solid win against Michigan and just crushed them in the second half. Will need to be ready for a lot of the counter punching Shrews will dial up against what he saw last game.

IU looks completely different the past few games.
Penn State shot lights out from the middle of the 1st half to the middle of the 2nd. That meant everything in that game.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I didn't realize there were 2 4 game 9 day stretches, I guess there has to be with the schedules and teams to play. Having said that, I like the way this one stacks up better with two home in the middle (no travel). IU will be the tough cap game.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT