ADVERTISEMENT

News breaking revelation.

I don't speak for white people, but it looks like some have good reason to feel that way.

Did you read the WSJ piece because it sounds very much like the purpose is to teach black students they are victims?
Yeah I read the entire article. Sounds like a very good class to me. A good class for students of all backgrounds to take. I see nothing that the originator of the course spells out that teaches students that they are victims. Nor dod I see anything about white folks are the oppressors or whatever. DeSantis’ actions and others for the past 4 years or so, are another attempt to not teach black history. If there are kids that don’t want to take the course, then don’t take. These courses are electives. No one is forcing people to take it.

Of all of the black history that I learned about whether in school or on my own I never once felt victimized. And I don’t know anyone else who have.

Then you must be opposed to reparations for African Americans, right?
Nope. But I know it ain’t happening. That is why I rarely ever talk about it here/

But as far as reparations that black folks are calling for, monetary or whatever, my thing is who gets it. All black Americans in the US? Or just blacks that can trace ancestry to slavery. If it is the latter then African, Haitian, or black inmigrants from other countries won’t qualify. Then you have the issue of black Americans being able to trace their ancestry to slavery where the slave owners did not keep records of the “property”. Slave owners did not have the decency to put the names of the slaves in the log books. They were just identified as numbers, age and gender.

Therefore, discussions like I just laid out are most likely what they will be discussing when talking about reparations. If that is being a victim then so be it.

You are in favor of reparations even though you do not feel victimized, and don't know anybody who does?
I guess I don’t see reparations as victimization.

When slavery ended in the US, the slave owners got reparations because they lost their “property”. Were they victims since they got reparations?

Last edited:
First of all, Chump is a stone cold racist and white supremacist. Always has been and always will be. How in the heck did Chump help blacks, women, and Hispanics far more than Obama or Biden?

Secondly, what do you mean blacks don't want white history taught? That is absolutely a lie. If anything it is the white and black conservatives in this country that do not want black history taught in schools. I enjoy learning about history of all kinds, good and bad. Why would there get a white history month? white history is taught literally every day in a typical history class. A lot of black history has been left out of these classes, hence the development of Black History Month. Because of Black History month, I would not have heard of the great black inventors and scientists like Benjamin Banneker, Louis Latimore, Garret Morgan, Katherine Johnson and many more. If it wasn't for Katherine Johnson, Astronaut John Glenn would have either burned up entering the earth's atmosphere at a too steep of an angle or would have bounced off the earth's atmosphere and still be traveling in space to this day. John Glenn said himself, I ain't going up there until Katherine double checks the computer calculations.

No, the Congressional Black Caucus is not racist. There are scores and scores of congressional caucuses including German American, India caucus, Democratic women, Hispanic Caucus, and even a Sikh Caucus.

With DeSantis' bill, it is a felony for folks who do not comply.
So you are saying that White Supremacy as taught in schools every day, is disguise as American History?
How can you say this? Is it because only White Men founded this Country and signed the Constitution and Declaration of Independence?
Sorry for your luck buddy but they were all White Men.
And last I checked Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. has a National Holiday named after him.
Does George Washington or Abraham Lincoln?
And June Teenth now has as much respect, rightfully so, as the 4th of July.

You might have a different, more intelligent view if you knew what was covered in that AP course - including the origins and impact of the BLM 'movement' (now proven corrupt), the case for reparations, and "Black Queer Studies,” which “explores the concept of the queer of color critique, grounded in Black feminism and intersectionality, as a Black studies lens that shifts sexuality studies toward racial analysis.”

Then again, you might not.

Does this have anything to do with a lot of black guys being on the 'down low'?

There y'all go with that victim crap when learning about black history. Learning black history is not teaching folks to believe they are victims. I did not know learning about Rosa Parks offended white folks so much that they tried to ban her books, along with MLK from school libraries in some school districts.

These classes are not only for black students. All students are welcome to these classes. Discussing slavery reparations is not believing in victimization. It's just discussing slavery reparations. What do you rather that they discuss in an African American studies class that racism was a hoax? Are white people victims when they bring up and complain about affirmative action?

What exactly do you think white people should know about black history?
Does it all start with slavery?
If so, will the course teach that black slaves brought to the new world weren't sold into slavery by white Europeans, but rather by their fellow black Africans.
African tribes would wage war and if members of the losing tribe were captured, they were sold to white Europeans.
Is that going to be taught?
Will they also address things like 72% of black children are born to single mothers and the massive impact that has on black poverty and crime?

Reactions: Boilermaker03

When slavery ended in the US, the slave owners got reparations because they lost their “property”. Were they victims since they got reparations?
No black person alive was ever a slave.
No black person alive ever knew anyone who was a slave.
No white person alive has ever owned a slave.
Quit blaming slavery for the problems of black society.

No, of course not. They were opportunists taking advantage of corrupt dem politicians.

Are blacks who were not born until for 80 years or longer after slavery was abolished victims of slavery - or are they also opportunists trying to take advantage of corrupt dem politicians?

No, of course not. They were opportunists taking advantage of corrupt dem politicians.

Are blacks who were not born until for 80 years or longer after slavery was abolished victims of slavery - or are they also opportunists trying to take advantage of corrupt dem politicians?
Y'all like to blame the democrats for everything, but at the time that the former slave owners got their reparations, both republican and democratic lawmakers set the policies that allowed them to get reparations.

Anyone who thinks that slavery did not have an effect on the lives of black people is grossly ignorant. I've explained this to y'all several times. Of course, there were nearly 250 years of slavery. After slavery, there were 7 years or so of the reconstruction period. Relatively good years for blacks in America. President Grant sent US troops to ensure piece for blacks in the South. During this short time, blacks were appointed US Senators, black men could vote, hold public offices etc. After 7 years, the sky fell for blacks in America. Grant's successor removed the troops. The KKK and Jim Crow were born. They made it harder for blacks to vote. Blacks were lynched. Discrimination when came to housing, bank loans, education, employment, etc. Moving forward to the 1900s, all this led to a lot of blacks living in poverty in the poor sections of the larger cities. All this led to blacks being generations behind. Naturally, with poverty, poverty leads to crime. Crime leads to incarceration. Crime, poverty, and incarceration lead to kids born to single mothers. Then add in illegal drug use. Today, there are a lot of black families that have never recovered from all of this which leads us back to crime and despair in the cities. The lives, good and bad, of all of our ancestors, affect future generations.

You can call blacks opportunists for wanting reparations if you want to. The bottom line is that the argument for reparations is that during slavery, the US was built on the backs of enslaved people for over 2 centuries by free labor.

If so, will the course teach that black slaves brought to the new world weren't sold into slavery by white Europeans, but rather by their fellow black Africans.
African tribes would wage war and if members of the losing tribe were captured, they were sold to white Europeans.
Will they also address things like 72% of black children are born to single mothers and the massive impact that has on black poverty and crime?
White people, everybody should learn everything about black history. Good and Bad. what are you talking about? You must be one of these folks that are trying to remove from school history books that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned slaves.

As far as African tribes selling their prisoners of war to the slave traders. That is nothing new. I'm sure you and others did not bother to watch it. But a based on true events movie that just came out a few months ago called "The Woman King" about an African tribe that trained an entire unit of female African warriors. The movie depicted this tribe selling their prisoners of war to European slave traders. Learning about black history is how I knew about this story years before this movie came out. Not the gist of the AP African American studies class in question but covered in other African American studies history classes like the one I took at Purdue.

As well as sociology classes, African American studies classes do discuss issues in the black community including poverty, crime, and the factors leading to it.

No black person alive was ever a slave.
No black person alive ever knew anyone who was a slave.
No white person alive has ever owned a slave.
Quit blaming slavery for the problems of black society.
@BNIBoiler Not only that, but there were many other groups that have been harmed almost as badly if not worse since then and they are all doing just fine.

Y'all like to blame the democrats for everything, but at the time that the former slave owners got their reparations, both republican and democratic lawmakers set the policies that allowed them to get reparations.
Yes, because Republicans were trying to keep the country together.
Anyone who thinks that slavery did not have an effect on the lives of black people is grossly ignorant. I've explained this to y'all several times.
Nobody denies this. The only issue is that blacks aren't the only group to have been severely marginalized over the last several hundred years. Many groups much more recently, but none of those groups are struggling still like the black community. Not due to their fault, but due to Democrat policies. Exactly how the American Indians struggle. Due to government policies.

The bottom line is that the argument for reparations is that during slavery, the US was built on the backs of enslaved people for over 2 centuries by free labor.
For the sake of argument, let's assume your statement here is true.

What does that have to do with current AA people who live in a country for which people from all over the planet are trying to get into, legally or illegally?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
For the sake of argument, let's assume your statement here is true.

What does that have to do with current AA people who live in a country for which people from all over the planet are trying to get into, legally or illegally?
What do you mean if my statement is true? That is exactly what happened.

Mine and other black have ancestors that were enslaved people that help build this country. Most people think of slaves as picking cotton and tobacco. Slaves built the railroads, homes, and even a lot of the early federal buildings like the Capitol building and White House.....free.

Yes, because Republicans were trying to keep the country together.

Nobody denies this. The only issue is that blacks aren't the only group to have been severely marginalized over the last several hundred years. Many groups much more recently, but none of those groups are struggling still like the black community. Not due to their fault, but due to Democrat policies. Exactly how the American Indians struggle. Due to government policies.
What about the poor and uneducated red states controlled by the Republican governors? Mississippi and Alabama come to mind. Alaska has one of the highest crime rates in the US. Ain’t no democrats controlling those states.

What do you mean if my statement is true? That is exactly what happened.

Mine and other black have ancestors that were enslaved people that help build this country. Most people think of slaves as picking cotton and tobacco. Slaves built the railroads, homes, and even a lot of the early federal buildings like the Capitol building and White House.....free.
I said let's assume it is true, even though you just scaled it back to "help build this country."

You ducked my central question, suggesting you can't answer it.

I said let's assume it is true, even though you just scaled it back to "help build this country."

You ducked my central question, suggesting you can't answer it.
I didn’t duck your question. I answered it. I said a lot of black Americans have ancestors that were slaves that worked for free. That is why there is talk of reparations. Former slave owners got reparations when their “property” was taken away. The slaves never got reparations at that time. Therefore, ancestors of these slaves are asking for reparations.

What about the poor and uneducated red states controlled by the Republican governors? Mississippi and Alabama come to mind. Alaska has one of the highest crime rates in the US. Ain’t no democrats controlling those states.
I didn't say anything about being poor nor crime.... Some states don't have the natural resources that others do, so that's one reason some states are more wealthy than others. Some states are just more desirable to live in so they have a larger tax basis. There are a lot of reasons for disparaging incomes rather than just red states or blue states.

I didn’t duck your question. I answered it. I said a lot of black Americans have ancestors that were slaves that worked for free. That is why there is talk of reparations. Former slave owners got reparations when their “property” was taken away. The slaves never got reparations at that time. Therefore, ancestors of these slaves are asking for reparations.
I looked it up. Only a relatively few slaveowners in Wash DC received reparations in 1862, during a war crisis in which the northern troops were floundering.

The vast majority did not get reparations after the south was defeated.

And will it address the fact that Slavery ended under President A. Lincoln, a WHITE Republican who was shot and killed because of that.

Why does it have to be in the US? But fine, how about the Japanese Americans that were put into internment camps during WWII?
The US? Dude, that's because we live in the US? Duh! Y'all like to deflect away from the US when the topic comes up about race. Bonefish likes to always deflect to African tribes selling other Africans to the slave traders.

White people in America have done some horrible things to minority groups. Yes, Japanese Americans were put into internment camps for only 5 years. Then after WW2 ended, the Japanese Americans assimilated back into society. Not totally free of bigotry, however. Compared to 246 years of slavery. 100 years or so years of Jim Crow. Japanese Americans among other minorities never experienced Jim Crow like blacks did. Japanese Americans and other minorities were never lynched. Japanese American teenagers never had fire hoses with high pressure water shot at them like they did to black teenagers in Birmingham, AL in the 1960s. Japanese Americans never had their churches bombed by the KKK, killing 4 little girls. Again in Birmingham, AL. However, the atrocities inflicted among Native Americans come close to those of blacks.

And will it address the fact that Slavery ended under President A. Lincoln, a WHITE Republican who was shot and killed because of that.
I’ve also said this over and over. President Lincoln did not end slavery. The Emanicpation Proclamation did not end slavery. The Emancipation Proclamation was just a military document that allowed slaves, only in the confederate states to come fight for the Union army as they needed manpower. Slaves in the northern states remained slaves. Slavery did not end until the end of the Civil War in January 1865. Slavery continues in Texas until June 19, 1865, hence the Juneteenth celebrations. By this time Lincoln has been dead 2 years prior.

Why does it have to be in the US? But fine, how about the Japanese Americans that were put into internment camps during WWII?
Haven't been over here in a long time, but decided to take a little look today and can't resist the following snarky and highly sarcastic comment:

Yeah, why can't black people be more like the Japanese families we wrongfully imprisoned during WWII? You don't see THEM asking for reparations from the government for their mistreatment!

The US? Dude, that's because we live in the US? Duh! Y'all like to deflect away from the US when the topic comes up about race. Bonefish likes to always deflect to African tribes selling other Africans to the slave traders.

White people in America have done some horrible things to minority groups. Yes, Japanese Americans were put into internment camps for only 5 years. Then after WW2 ended, the Japanese Americans assimilated back into society. Not totally free of bigotry, however. Compared to 246 years of slavery. 100 years or so years of Jim Crow. Japanese Americans among other minorities never experienced Jim Crow like blacks did. Japanese Americans and other minorities were never lynched. Japanese American teenagers never had fire hoses with high pressure water shot at them like they did to black teenagers in Birmingham, AL in the 1960s. Japanese Americans never had their churches bombed by the KKK, killing 4 little girls. Again in Birmingham, AL. However, the atrocities inflicted among Native Americans come close to those of blacks.
I see, so we ignore the rest of the world because it's not convenient to our argument. Got it. 👍

Yes, 246 years and a long time of Jim Crow (I don't think it was 100 years though). Yet you REFUSE to blame the people who were really the cause of it.

Speaking of poor states. Don't you find it interesting that the poorest states in the US are the ones that relied the most on slavery? Kinda goes against the idea that we're only rich because of slavery.

Haven't been over here in a long time, but decided to take a little look today and can't resist the following snarky and highly sarcastic comment:

Yeah, why can't black people be more like the Japanese families we wrongfully imprisoned during WWII? You don't see THEM asking for reparations from the government for their mistreatment!
I told you why. Read my post.

@BNIBoiler Pretty funny that he couldn't tell you were being sarcastic, but I digress.

A better group to have brought up would have been the Jews. I don't think any group has had it worse over time than them, yet they are doing just fine.

When the US had roughly 400,000 black slaves, there were over 2.5 million white Europeans in slavery around the world. How are they doing today?

BNIBoiler keeps acting like slavery only existed in the US and only to black people.

What are we to do with the black people that owned slaves? Are they to get reparations too because they are black?

I see, so we ignore the rest of the world because it's not convenient to our argument. Got it. 👍

Yes, 246 years and a long time of Jim Crow (I don't think it was 100 years though). Yet you REFUSE to blame the people who were really the cause of it.

Speaking of poor states. Don't you find it interesting that the poorest states in the US are the ones that relied the most on slavery? Kinda goes against the idea that we're only rich because of slavery.
The discussion somebody brought up is reparations. I assumed we were talking about blacks here in the US requesting it. And I gave reasons why some blacks are requesting it. I pointed out the atrocities in the US towards blacks and other minorities. There is no reason to bring up stuff around the world. In the grand scheme of things, an atrocity is an atrocity no matter where it's happening. However, I did not want to get deep in the woods. There were enough atrocities right here in the US. Y'all just like to deflect to other parts of the world when discussing slavery here in the US.

So who is the cause of US slavery and Jim Crow? This ought to be good.

What do you mean you don't think Jim Crow was 100 years? I give you +/- 10 years. Either way, it was a long time. Jim Crow started soon after the Civil War ended in 1865. Jim Crow kinda sorta ended in the mid to late 60s after the 1964 and 1965 Voting Rights and Civil Rights Bills were passed. That looks like 100 years to me. Since those bills were passed, you can argue that discrimination as far as housing, bank loans, education, etc. remained in some form or another since then. Since then there were racist republicans like Lee Atwater that trained the racist democrats when they switched parties on how to be racist without being so obvious. He taught them how to be more covert with it. This was part of the Southern Strategy that he developed to help Nixon win the southern vote.

Who said that we are rich only because of slavery? I never said it. Never heard anyone else say it. The southern states are poor because of the policies of the republican governors.

@BNIBoiler Pretty funny that he couldn't tell you were being sarcastic, but I digress.

A better group to have brought up would have been the Jews. I don't think any group has had it worse over time than them, yet they are doing just fine.

When the US had roughly 400,000 black slaves, there were over 2.5 million white Europeans in slavery around the world. How are they doing today?

BNIBoiler keeps acting like slavery only existed in the US and only to black people.

What are we to do with the black people that owned slaves? Are they to get reparations too because they are black?
I mean the especially funny part is that you appealed to a group that received government reparations to argue against government reparations.

I’m not really here for the argument though, so I’ll let you discuss the answers to your questions with other folks.

This is another thing y'all like to do. Maximize the minimum and minimize the maximum. 400,000 black slaves? Are you kidding me? By the 1860s, there were almost 4 million slaves in the US.

Again, another deflection was that there were black slave owners. Native Americans owned slaves also. Anyhow, the few black slave owners that there were may have gotten reparations when they lost their "property" after the Civil War. The white slave owners did. However, since they were black, probably not. No slave owner, white or black should have gotten reparations.

After slavery was abolished after the Civil War, the Jim Crow era is what really set back blacks in the US for generations to come. Very bad times for blacks.

None worked for free.
They all had food, clothing and shelter.
Some had a higher standard of living than local share croppers.
Most were treated better than the Chinese who worked on the Rail Roads.
None of the above was ethical but how do you determine reparations?
Should my family get reparation's for fighting for the North, in the Civil War?

The discussion somebody brought up is reparations. I assumed we were talking about blacks here in the US requesting it. And I gave reasons why some blacks are requesting it. I pointed out the atrocities in the US towards blacks and other minorities. There is no reason to bring up stuff around the world. In the grand scheme of things, an atrocity is an atrocity no matter where it's happening. However, I did not want to get deep in the woods. There were enough atrocities right here in the US. Y'all just like to deflect to other parts of the world when discussing slavery here in the US.
So why aren't people of atrocities around the world having the same problems as blacks are in the US?

So who is the cause of US slavery and Jim Crow? This ought to be good.
Black slavers sold their countrymen into slavery. Most slave owners were Democrats. Jim Crow was implemented and carried out primarily by Democrats. Don't you know history?

Did you know that the first black slaves brought to America was by the Spanish in 1526? Did you know that 1.25 million white slaves were sold to Africa during the same time as the height of slavery in America?

What do you mean you don't think Jim Crow was 100 years? I give you +/- 10 years. Either way, it was a long time. Jim Crow started soon after the Civil War ended in 1865. Jim Crow kinda sorta ended in the mid to late 60s after the 1964 and 1965 Voting Rights and Civil Rights Bills were passed. That looks like 100 years to me. Since those bills were passed, you can argue that discrimination as far as housing, bank loans, education, etc. remained in some form or another since then. Since then there were racist republicans like Lee Atwater that trained the racist democrats when they switched parties on how to be racist without being so obvious. He taught them how to be more covert with it. This was part of the Southern Strategy that he developed to help Nixon win the southern vote.

Who said that we are rich only because of slavery? I never said it. Never heard anyone else say it. The southern states are poor because of the policies of the republican governors.
I read it as you saying it was at least 100 years. It was about a decade short. My bad.

Since then there as been some discrimination, yes, but we aren't bringing Lee Atwater into this again, since we've been over this. There also wasn't a big switch. That's a big lie. As the south became less racist is when it became more Republican. That's just a fact.

No, the southern states are poor mostly due to slavery and their unwillingness to get beyond that. It's only been a short period of time that the south has been under the control of Republican governors and it's a struggle to get over that history.

None worked for free.
They all had food, clothing and shelter.
Some had a higher standard of living than local share croppers.
Most were treated better than the Chinese who worked on the Rail Roads.
None of the above was ethical but how do you determine reparations?
Should my family get reparation's for fighting for the North, in the Civil War?
Your comments are intellectually deficient. I was waiting for someone to comment that the slaves did not have it as bad.

The slaves were never paid so they did work for free. Animals had food and shelter.

The Chinese railroad workers got paid.

Why would your family get reparations for fighting in the Civil War? The soldiers were paid.

So why aren't people of atrocities around the world having the same problems as blacks are in the US?

Black slavers sold their countrymen into slavery. Most slave owners were Democrats. Jim Crow was implemented and carried out primarily by Democrats. Don't you know history?

Did you know that the first black slaves brought to America was by the Spanish in 1526? Did you know that 1.25 million white slaves were sold to Africa during the same time as the height of slavery in America?

I read it as you saying it was at least 100 years. It was about a decade short. My bad.

Since then there as been some discrimination, yes, but we aren't bringing Lee Atwater into this again, since we've been over this. There also wasn't a big switch. That's a big lie. As the south became less racist is when it became more Republican. That's just a fact.

No, the southern states are poor mostly due to slavery and their unwillingness to get beyond that. It's only been a short period of time that the south has been under the control of Republican governors and it's a struggle to get over that history.

Yes I know my history and always willing to learn more. I love history. As far as the white slaves in Africa when that ended, and pretty much because they were white, were able to assimilate back into society when they went back to Europe or where ever they ended up. In the US, when slavery ended and after reconstruction blacks had to endure the Jim Crow era. Like I said in the my previous post, the Jim Crow era perhaps was a major factor in the demise of a lot of blacks and the subsequent generations. Yes a lot of the southern democrats were implicit in Jim Crow. Blacks and other groups were discriminated by the entire US. The democrats were not the entire country. Therefore, the repubs had there hand in it as well.

Move forward to 1960s after the Voting and Civil rights bills were past. The Republican Party became the party of racism still to this day. That is why all of the white supremacist organizations including but not exclusive to the KKK and Oath Keepers all support the Republican Party. They were big supports of Donald Chump. The republicans are the ones that are against stuff like affirmative action. The republicans are the ones that support confederate flags and confederate statues. So that is a false statement that the south became less racist as it became more racist. The republicans are the ones that voted against recent voting and police reform bills.

Yes I know my history and always willing to learn more. I love history. As far as the white slaves in Africa when that ended, and pretty much because they were white, were able to assimilate back into society when they went back to Europe or where ever they ended up. In the US, when slavery ended and after reconstruction blacks had to endure the Jim Crow era. Like I said in the my previous post, the Jim Crow era perhaps was a major factor in the demise of a lot of blacks and the subsequent generations. Yes a lot of the southern democrats were implicit in Jim Crow. Blacks and other groups were discriminated by the entire US. The democrats were not the entire country. Therefore, the repubs had there hand in it as well.
I totally agree that this is a much bigger factor than slavery itself, BUT the demise of black (actually, not just black but poor) families has much more to do with why there are so many single parent households. In fact, single parent households in black communities were lower than most others up until about 1965. So you tell me, why do you think it is that single parent households went to such high highs as they are today.
Move forward to 1960s after the Voting and Civil rights bills were past. The Republican Party became the party of racism still to this day.
No.... no they didn't and no they aren't. This is a huge lie and there is little to no evidence of this at all.
That is why all of the white supremacist organizations including but not exclusive to the KKK and Oath Keepers all support the Republican Party. They were big supports of Donald Chump. The republicans are the ones that are against stuff like affirmative action. The republicans are the ones that support confederate flags and confederate statues. So that is a false statement that the south became less racist as it became more racist. The republicans are the ones that voted against recent voting and police reform bills.
Wrong. They chose to vote Republican because of economic reasons. There is NO evidence at all that Republicans are racist and that being the reason they back him.

Republicans are against Affirmative action for a few reasons. First, it hurts many blacks because it places them in situations that they are not prepared for, thus they fail. Second, you cannot fix racism with more racism. Sorry to upset your ideas on this, but anytime you exclude ANY race it's racism. So, by definition if a black person is getting a position simply because they are black, that is a racist policy. THAT is why Republicans are against affirmative action.

The south supports confederate flags and statues. It has more to do with remembering history than anything. That doesn't make them racist.

LMAO it's not a false statement that the south became more Republican as it became less racist. There is a direct correlation. There are still Democrats in the south. You act as if it's nothing but Republicans.

I totally agree that this is a much bigger factor than slavery itself, BUT the demise of black (actually, not just black but poor) families has much more to do with why there are so many single parent households. In fact, single parent households in black communities were lower than most others up until about 1965. So you tell me, why do you think it is that single parent households went to such high highs as they are today.

No.... no they didn't and no they aren't. This is a huge lie and there is little to no evidence of this at all.

Wrong. They chose to vote Republican because of economic reasons. There is NO evidence at all that Republicans are racist and that being the reason they back him.

Republicans are against Affirmative action for a few reasons. First, it hurts many blacks because it places them in situations that they are not prepared for, thus they fail. Second, you cannot fix racism with more racism. Sorry to upset your ideas on this, but anytime you exclude ANY race it's racism. So, by definition if a black person is getting a position simply because they are black, that is a racist policy. THAT is why Republicans are against affirmative action.

The south supports confederate flags and statues. It has more to do with remembering history than anything. That doesn't make them racist.

LMAO it's not a false statement that the south became more Republican as it became less racist. There is a direct correlation. There are still Democrats in the south. You act as if it's nothing but Republicans.
Jim Crow led to a lot of despair for black Americans for decades prior to the 1960s. The despair led to poverty and poor education. So by the 1960s gangs, narcotics use and narcotic trading, and incarceration are increasing the black communities. That alone broke up the family structure. Single mothers were the by product of this. Moving forward to the 1980s, the crack cocaine epidemic decimated black communities with consumption and trading. Add in incarceration. Blacks were sentenced harsher with lower amounts of crack cocaine compared to whites with high amounts of powdered cocaine. So that put more black men in prisons. Of course, gang activity and murders are on the rise at this time. Family structure is diminishing leading to what we have today. The cycle repeated itself from generation to generation. I feel that Jim Crow was a big part of all of this.

As far as affirmative action. You are wrong about that. Affirmative action has helped many blacks and other ethnic groups get into schools and jobs whatever and they have succeeded. Haven't you heard of Justice Clarence Thomas, Dr. Ben Carson, and Dr. Henry Louis Gates to name a few? Affirmative action sure did not hurt them. That is how they got into Yale through an affirmative action program back in the 60s. Perhaps some did fail just like some whites have failed and had to drop out of school or could not cut it at work. Initially, affirmative action did not say lower the standards. It was supposed to give minorities equal opportunity to get in. If schools and employers lowered the standards, that is on them. By the way, white women have been the largest benefactors of affirmative action more than any other group. Y'all don't say anything about that.
It's not just the south that supports that crap. I see a whole lot of Confederate flags in the north. Several in NW Indiana. Indianapolis has a confederate monument to commemorate confederate prisoners of war. The confederate flag is like the Nazi swastika a symbol of hate. The confederate monuments were not put up until well into the Jim Crow era after the 1900s. Military bases like Fort Hood and Fort Bragg and several others are named after confederate soldiers. Then add in schools. The confederate states lost and were traitors. Why would you name stuff after a failed regime is beyond me? To me, anyone that has a confederate flag is a racist, plain and simple. How about I erect a statue of Nat Turner in downtown Indianapolis?

Anyone who thinks that slavery did not have an effect on the lives of black people is grossly ignorant. I've explained this to y'all several times. Of course, there were nearly 250 years of slavery. After slavery, there were 7 years or so of the reconstruction period. Relatively good years for blacks in America. President Grant sent US troops to ensure piece for blacks in the South. During this short time, blacks were appointed US Senators, black men could vote, hold public offices etc. After 7 years, the sky fell for blacks in America. Grant's successor removed the troops. The KKK and Jim Crow were born. They made it harder for blacks to vote. Blacks were lynched. Discrimination when came to housing, bank loans, education, employment, etc. Moving forward to the 1900s, all this led to a lot of blacks living in poverty in the poor sections of the larger cities. All this led to blacks being generations behind. Naturally, with poverty, poverty leads to crime. Crime leads to incarceration. Crime, poverty, and incarceration lead to kids born to single mothers. Then add in illegal drug use. Today, there are a lot of black families that have never recovered from all of this which leads us back to crime and despair in the cities. The lives, good and bad, of all of our ancestors, affect future generations.

You can call blacks opportunists for wanting reparations if you want to. The bottom line is that the argument for reparations is that during slavery, the US was built on the backs of enslaved people for over 2 centuries by free labor.

Why have some blacks seemed to be able to separate themselves from what you claim to be lasting repercussions of slavery and others haven't?

As a black man, does slavery impact you still?

As for reparations, why should people live in 'free states' where slavery didn't exist have to pay?

Finally, what about this idea: Create a national reparations fund that anyone can voluntarily contribute to if they so desire. It would essentially be a donation people can personally make. Do you think that fund would generate much money?

ADVERTISEMENT