ADVERTISEMENT

new walk-on

Damn, the older I get the younger these freshman look!

Can't wait to see Carsen play.

Poor scholarship management leads to walk-ons like the paperboy (who I am sure could kick my butt)

Poor scholarship management leads to walk-ons like the paperboy (who I am sure could kick my butt)
Can you explain what you mean? I'm not sure what you are trying to say about scholarship management and a walk-on??

Can you explain what you mean? I'm not sure what you are trying to say about scholarship management and a walk-on??

That's because it makes no sense. Walk ons are irrelevant to the scholarship situation. Some people here just like to complain first and then make sense, if they can, later.

My apologies, please forgive my ignorance.
NO.

I think what you were getting at was that some of these walk ons GOT AWARDED scholarships because we weren't full up on our 13 scholarship players.

I don't think its a big deal that we will likely only have 11 going into this year. We don't have a senior class and with a bumper 2017 crop we should fill up with some pretty good players next year. Would hate to take a flier on a few guys in 2016, have them not work out and then not be able to take better players in 17.

Having a "scholarship crunch" just means that players are moving on....to the NBA or to other places because Purdue wasn't a fit.

I don't have a big issue with it. The team is better off without Kendall Stephens, ronnie Johnson and guys that don't want to work to be here.

Reactions: BandofBoilers
You can tell he's a smart kid. He wears his keys around his neck. Hell when I was a Freshman, I lost my keys like 4 times!!! Anybody see my damn keys?

Reactions: BandofBoilers
The kid is the son of one of Painter's best friends. He is a coaches son who has expressed a bigger interest in coaching than playing in the future. This kid will, eventually, be able to run the scout team effectively without much oversight from the coaches during practice. Win/win for both parties involved and says as much in the article that was on this website.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Kind of reminds me of Bobby Buckets Ridell.

Hope he can shoot like Bobby Buckets.
Hope we never need to use him like we had to rely on Bobby "Buckets". Nothing against Bobby at all, just hoping we don't get so thin we have to play a walk-on more than just mop-up duty. Well, unless he develops into a beast, which at that point he likely ceases to be a walk-on.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT